• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

It happened to me....

LngRngShtr

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 4, 2007
Tennessee
Well 9 years installing batteries in cars and finally

battery post,wrench,wedding ring,battery post = Burn Clinic

DSCF1154.jpg

DSCF1153.jpg

DSCF1152.jpg

DSCF1155.jpg

Electricity will run through Titanium will get pics of the burn as soon as I offload from camera,.. be careful out there...

John

Re: It happened to me....

What are you doing wearing a ring? First rules of being a mechanic is no jewelry of any kind. No loose clothing. Eye protection at all times. Don't eat the yellow snow. Just threw that last one in.

Seen a guy with a ring get his hand sucked into a spinning lathe chuck and is now missing two fingers.. One of the lathe jaws caught the ring just enough.. Hope your OK.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The Mechanic</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What are you doing wearing a ring? First rules of being a mechanic is no jewelry of any kind. No loose clothing. Eye protection at all times. Don't eat the yellow snow. Just threw that last one in. </div></div>

+100

I saw a co-worker de-glove his ring finger right in front of me. Not pretty.
eek.gif

I have a good friend that is about 70 now that hasnt had a ring finger as long as I can remember. He was in the field one fall and went to exit his combine, not sure which step he jumped from but his ring caught the ladder and pulled his finger off, I told my wife before we got married that I wont wear a ring and I haven't except for about 24 hours total in the 2 years we have been married...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ballsdeep</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have a good friend that is about 70 now that hasnt had a ring finger as long as I can remember. He was in the field one fall and went to exit his combine, not sure which step he jumped from but his ring caught the ladder and pulled his finger off, I told my wife before we got married that I wont wear a ring and I haven't except for about 24 hours total in the 2 years we have been married... </div></div>

It is this exact scenario with my dad's uncle, with a farm truck instead of a combine, that caused 2 generations of men in my family to put the rings away.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The Mechanic</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What are you doing wearing a ring? First rules of being a mechanic is no jewelry of any kind. No loose clothing. Eye protection at all times. Don't eat the yellow snow. Just threw that last one in. </div></div>

Have to agree

If it has an adam's apple, it's a dude so walk away, just sayin...

Normally I don't wear the ring,.. I posted to remind folks that all it takes is a minute of "mindlessness" or momentary lapse of judgment and it all comes undone..

Next stop for the ring is my key chain,.. and nope I'm not doing that again..

Docs say as long as no infection sets in I get to keep it but it will be awhile to heal up

Stewart,.. it only burned for a bit now it just tells me my pulse rate.. thump thump thump

They call the goo (Collagenase Santyl) I have to put on an enzymatic debrider eats all the dead stuff

John

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LngRngShtr</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Normally I don't wear the ring,.. I posted to remind folks that all it takes is a minute of "mindlessness" or momentary lapse of judgment and it all comes undone..

Next stop for the ring is my key chain,.. and nope I'm not doing that again..

Docs say as long as no infection sets in I get to keep it but it will be awhile to heal up

Stewart,.. it only burned for a bit now it just tells me my pulse rate.. thump thump thump

They call the goo (Collagenase Santyl) I have to put on an enzymatic debrider eats all the dead stuff

John
</div></div>

wo your typing one handed
grin.gif
glad your ok.

I ran into a bunch of people from my FIRST MOS lately - Electronic Warfare repair. (33S)

We had this rule, and it was the only time in the military you were allowed to do it.

When working with electricity place one hand in your pocket....

and take off any jewelry....

You got lucky!

I've seen this happen with a poorly secured ground and and arc welder. It is not pretty--they had to cut his ring off. I wish you a speedy recovery.

i bet that felt good...I know the feeling although i have never zapped my ring

I know a guy who is a garbage man, his ring got caught on the truck as he was stepping off, no more finger for him.

I am getting married in Sept n told her I don't even want one, to much can happen with one.

I work with a lot of 480 and my wife use to give me trouble about not wearing my ring at work until she met one of our electricians missing his ring and middle finger over the head of pretty much the same thing you had happen. I never leave my desk with my watch or my ring until it's time to leave. Always leave them locked up in my desk. It's just not worth the gamble.

I never wore my wedding ring on patrol for similar reasons. A chase over chain link fences, get your ring caught on the top and pop goes the finger. No thanks.

Holy crap, that had to hurt. Hope your finger heals...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Robot Doc</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I work with a lot of 480 and my wife use to give me trouble about not wearing my ring at work until she met one of our electricians missing his ring and middle finger over the head of pretty much the same thing you had happen. I never leave my desk with my watch or my ring until it's time to leave. Always leave them locked up in my desk. It's just not worth the gamble. </div></div>

Same here except I dont even own a ring. My wifes friends think I am a dick for not wearing a ring. She understands cause her dad is an electrician also and does not have one.