• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

It makes no sense, Why do Tikka TAC A1 rifles come with 0 moa scope bases.

My TAC A1 in 6.5 Creedmoor can reach out to a mile plus. But not with the stock 0 MOA base. My scope has 32 mils of adjustment, (less than some, more than most) or really about 14,4 mils of usable adjustments gravity being what it is and all. That takes my rifle out to about 1200 yards. If I use all of my holdover maybe 1700 yards. Past that it's pure guessing..... So why doesn't Tikka put a 30 MOA rail on this gun from the factory?. Its not like they didn't charge me enough money.

Most decent scopes 30mm+ tube withoutcrazy high magnification range, around 40MOA-50MOA between rail and mount gives you decent image at zero distance and dial to subsonic range on pretty much anything inside long action.

Reactions: BCP
Because it's a rifle built for LE and none of the cartridges it is offered in are designed to shoot much more than 1200 except by people who want to push the cartridges past their design limits.

Reactions: trob and BJames
My TAC A1 in 6.5 Creedmoor can reach out to a mile plus. But not with the stock 0 MOA base. My scope has 32 mils of adjustment, (less than some, more than most) or really about 14,4 mils of usable adjustments gravity being what it is and all. That takes my rifle out to about 1200 yards. If I use all of my holdover maybe 1700 yards. Past that it's pure guessing..... So why doesn't Tikka put a 30 MOA rail on this gun from the factory?. Its not like they didn't charge me enough money.
Buy a new rail. Tikka is just fine with with 0 MOA if you use the gun like they intended . If you want to stretch it out, the burden of new rail/mount is on the customer .

I hit a mile with mine, but I used a 1 piece mount with 20 MOA built in.

Now days my TAC-A1 sits in an ACC chassis with an Area419 rail but that was specifically for PRS shooting off of bags and exploiting ARCA

LE only ? Wrong.

Swing and a miss as usual.......on the bright side, you're getting extremely good at being wrong.

Obviously anyone can buy it and use it. But the purpose behind the development is the purpose it's built for and why it has those features.

Screenshot 2024-02-27 at 7.15.12 AM.png

Last edited:
Swing and a miss as usual.......on the bright side, you're getting extremely good at being wrong.

Obviously anyone can buy it and use it. But the purpose behind the development is the purpose it's built for and why it has those features.

View attachment 8359420
Surely centering the scope elevation inside the supersonic range is still desirable? 20MOA base will be closest to centre of elevation for most ring/mount combinations on such a rifle. The only reaI reason I can think you would intentionally not run at least 20MOA on a modern action is using a stock without adjustable cheek riser.

There are only a dozen outfits making 20 MOA rails for a T3x. Buy one and put it on...easy, right?

View attachment 8363077
Not as many options for an a1 to match the height of the forend. It's taller.

OP you can get scope mounts with the cant in. American rifle company mbrace are nice. Haven't gotten one myself yet though.

Or get one of these.
https://egwguns.com/hd-tikka-t3x-tac-a1-picatinny-rail-20-moa currently out of stock though
https://egwguns.com/hd-tikka-t3x-tac-a1-picatinny-rail-30-moa in stock

OP you can get scope mounts with the cant in. American rifle company mbrace are nice. Haven't gotten one myself yet though.

Or get one of these.
https://egwguns.com/hd-tikka-t3x-tac-a1-picatinny-rail-20-moa currently out of stock though
Ah, and there I was being a judgemental ass yet once again! haha

Thanks for the clarification.

Reactions: LeftyJason

Or get one of these.

Bigtime thanks.

My .308 Tac A1 came in a couple weeks ago.

I wanted to set it up identical to my Ruger RPR .308 for my son and I to have some fun with them.

Already had a set of 34mm NF rings (like I used on my RPR) and will be mounting an almost identical scope on it.

The RPR came with a 20 MOA base. I will grab one of these from EGW.

Thanks for the link.

I don’t mind swapping out the rail. Hell of lot cheaper than using the mount I was otherwise going to use.

Last edited:
2 reasons.

1- 308 dies at 800 yards so you don’t need that much internal adjustment. (Yes I know the rifle is 6.5 but the platform was designed around 308)

2- Just another reason to make you purchase another expensive piece.

MOST people will never shoot past a few hundred yards. I would think a LE SWAT/sniper would want to be fairly close to avoid any mistakes. How many people actually shoot their guns? How many people shoot their guns past 100 yards? How many people even have access to a place they can shoot 1,200 yards? Now 1,700? After a mile you have whittled down the amount of people who actually shoot that far to probably a few thousand people? Now look for a place where you can actually see further than that, and be able to shoot there.
The gun you bought comes in 223, 6.5cm, 308 and 260. None of those would be the first choice for shooting a mile or more.

I am very lucky and blessed to have a couple awesome neighbors who let me shoot from one piece of property to another. I shoot a 243 and got on target at a mile. I personally only know one other person who has hit at a mile or more, and I shoot with some pretty badass guys who have trained at Rifles Only and some other places.

Tikka build a rifle that 99% of the people shooting it will be happy with it.

Tikka has enough to worry about.

Somewhere over in camelstan…..some goat fucker from Tisas is drawing out Tikka plans…..and about to flood the market with penny-on-the-dollar copies for the fuckstick masses to grab up on layaways at their nearest pawnshops.

90 days later they will tell anyone who listens their islamic-made copy is better than Tikka.

In fact, they will tell their kids, their wives, the dude who is banging their wife and everyone at the grocery store about their new Tisas piece of hammered camel turd.

Yep. Tikka has a lot on their mind.

I don’t mind swapping out the rail. Hell of lot cheaper than using the mount I was otherwise going to use.

I'd pick one up

Reactions: hlee
Surely centering the scope elevation inside the supersonic range is still desirable? 20MOA base will be closest to centre of elevation for most ring/mount combinations on such a rifle. The only reaI reason I can think you would intentionally not run at least 20MOA on a modern action is using a stock without adjustable cheek riser.

Doesn't matter at all with modern optics. For example, ZCO ships their optics bottomed out.

It's a thing of the past to keep optics centered. Obviously there are some things to consider when you are all the way to one end of an erector and looking through lens. But, being 6mil/20moa closer to center isn't going to matter at all.

Not to mention others who shoot ELR distances, and have so much incline they are bottomed out until they are dialed to to shoot further.

Doesn't matter at all with modern optics. For example, ZCO ships their optics bottomed out.

It's a thing of the past to keep optics centered. Obviously there are some things to consider when you are all the way to one end of an erector and looking through lens. But, being 6mil/20moa closer to center isn't going to matter at all.

Not to mention others who shoot ELR distances, and have so much incline they are bottomed out until they are dialed to to shoot further.
Is it Dave or Fenix?

Considering almost all the higher end scope mount companies make mounts with a variety of elevation in them, I don't see why it's a problem if the rifle has 0moa on the actual rail?

I have a tac A1 6.5 creed, and I’ve never wanted to take it to a mile. Why? Because I’m a big boy and have other rifles/calibers to get me there, much more efficiently too. The only reason you shoot a 6.5 creed at a mile is to say you did it to your friends.

crying-emoji-and-whining-67ucuynen7uaxyv9.gif

Or get one of these.

Thanks again for the tip on EGW.

They didn't piddle around.....got it on out to me quickly.

All I need now is the arrival of Saturday morning.....a cup of coffee and will get this installed along with a YoDave trigger spring, mount my scope, lower pic rail, bipod and get ready for a range trip on Monday. Gives me Sunday to load some SMK's test loads.

This .308 will be fun.

IMG_2874.jpeg

Reactions: LeftyJason