• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Movie Theater It Might Get Loud

G

I finally got to see this film last night, and it was well worth the wait.
Jimmy Page, The Edge, and Jack White, three guitar icons from three generations, get together and talk shop.

But the movie is much more than that.
It covers each musician's story from their earliest beginnings to their present status.
Never dull, the filmmaker has done a masterful job of keeping the conversation to music ratio to a prefect level.
This movie may well go down as reference material in music history.

I found it interesting how both The Edge and Jack White seemed somewhat in awe of the fact that they were sitting with Jimmy Page and watching him play.
You could see them both studying his every move as ripped through some of the most famous guitar rifts in rock and roll history.

There's a great jam session at the end of the film.
It's amazing to watch and hear.
They all play the same tune (a Zeppelin classic)in perfect harmony, and yet each artist's "voice" can be heard and singled out from the others.

If you are guitar player, rock and roll fan, or student of music, you MUST see this film.
If you're none of the above, you should see this film.

I don't have a have a huge home collection of movies. I just don't watch but a select few more than once or twice.
But I would buy this one today, if it was for sale yet!

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Qi89E1XqCXk"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Qi89E1XqCXk" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Re: It Might Get Loud

It looks to be excellent.

How does it compare to The Last Waltz?, is it similar in the interview style storytelling or something else.

I've never seen 'The Last Waltz", so I don't know.
There is no interview style in this film, because there is no interview.
These guys are just put together and they start talking and playing.

I will say that I have to question Jack's sanity.
He refers to Meg as his older sister. She's not.
She was his wife for something like four years. He took her last name.

Tucker you asshole! I have been waiting but it hasn't opened any where close yet. I am so jealous and can't wait to see it. The trailer with Jack picking up the scrap wood and building an electric guitar on the front porch had me in awe from the get go. I so can't wait

It might be a long wait in Central Arkansas.
smirk.gif

Do you do usenet or bit torrents?