• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

It might not be much but I will take it!

3O8Junkie

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 28, 2011
The Great NW
I went to the range today with my Noveske N6 and my Trijicon TR24G 1x4 to try and determine which it liked better 175grn 7.62x51 FGMM or 168grn .308 FGMM. It was raining and it took me a couple of box's but these were the best groups I was able to produce.
Both photos are the same target with the 175grn 7.62x51 on top 168grn 308 in the center bullseye. I am in no way a precision shooter, but everything I do know about the sport I have learned here. If I had to call it I would say that the 175grn is a tighter group but without anything to measure with its almost 6 of 1 half dozen of the other. The variance could just as well have been me or the rain for what its worth. Just thought I would see what ya all think? I know this isn't 1000yds, but I feel pretty good about it for my what is maybe my 3rd session shooting groups.
Thanks for providing such a great environment for learning what is fast becoming my favorite thing to do!
Just thought I would share the joy!
IMG_0165.jpg

IMG_0169.jpg

Re: It might not be much but I will take it!

Nicely done. Adverse weather, new ammo, relatively new shooter. Priceless. As long as you are having a good time, that is what counts.

Rainy days are the best anyway cause it keeps the unmotivated away. :)

Push it past 600 and I bet the difference will become much more evident.

Nice shootin.

okie

five shots under a quarter is always a good day. Nice.

Thanks everyone! There are no ranges around here over 100 or I would be all over it! I have a chance to head to the dry side of the mountains for memorial day and there are some long distance spots out there to play around with.