• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

It seems that FEG HD-18 Dragunov clones are actually becoming available

AbitNutz

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Feb 19, 2021
SW Ohio
It seems hell has frozen over and Draganovs can be bought (For just an arm. They leave you the leg.). Admittedly, they're clones, being the FEG HD-18 but from what I've read they're pretty good clones. This has always been one of my bucket list guns. I was hoping to see them drop to around 6K (god help me) but the lowest I've seen them is $8,000 plus, etc.
I fully expect that the moment I commit and buy one, FEG will saturate the market with them and you'll see them for sale at Walmart. Not that I'll throw 8 grand at one or $8,600 with tax...

Are there any Dragunov owners here? I'm sure someone will pop up they bought theirs when they were the same price as a decent Colt Python used to sell for.

The latest B&T importer marked HD-18s were the third batch to arrive. The first 200+ were marked with Trident's info.

There are some small variations from batch to batch, but they're all "really good" clones. Read into that what you will.

Well, considering what a Russian "real"m SVD Dragunov is going for I can live with "really good". To those of you that had the foresight, luck, or means to own the genuine article...I salute you!

Reactions: BCP
Perhaps irrelevant but...

I was watching a TFB video on the new CZ DMR rifle at IWA. It's a replacement for the current issued Dragunovs, so maybe those are going to be available once they transition.

Reactions: 30calDeath
I appreciate all of the other accurate rifles out there but the SVD is iconic. I have more than a few other rifles that will easily outshoot the Dragunov. I don't want one because of its DMR qualities. I want one because it's a Dragunov.

Reactions: 30calDeath and BCP
I have a friend who has a brother who is a distributor for that factory. What price do you think these would reasonably sell for in the states? I can ask what the min quantity is and then talk to an importer friend of mine.

Yes. Hungarian. Definitely not made in a sanctioned country then scrubbed and imported.

If you're on the Files, you know.
I do not believe we'll ever see these again.

Reactions: Charmingmander
I have a friend who has a brother who is a distributor for that factory. What price do you think these would reasonably sell for in the states? I can ask what the min quantity is and then talk to an importer friend of mine.
Which factory does this friend's brother work as a distributor for?

As has been noted in detail over on the AKFiles, I doubt we'll see more HD-18s as the "actual" manufacturer has domestic orders to fill due to...how do you say...a conflict of interest.

Yes. Hungarian. Definitely not made in a sanctioned country then scrubbed and imported.

If you're on the Files, you know.
I do not believe we'll ever see these again.
They weren't scrubbed, per say. They just appear to have some extra electro penciling and proof marks that add some lines and dots to other proof marks. Odd how that works :)

Reactions: Charmingmander