• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

It took an act of Congress but my MP28 is finished

buffalowinter

Freer of the Oppressed
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Mar 17, 2014
    Llano, TX
    Finally received my approved form 1 for my MP28 semi-auto SBR. I had received approval for 3 other NFA builds while waiting on this one. I e-mailed the NFA and asked what was taking so long, has it been lost, as I had received 3 approved form 1's submitted after this one. They answered quickly and the nice lady I was talking to said there was some type of problem with the fingerprint card. Well, the fingerprint card was a digital copy and exactly the same as the cards in the three subsequently approved form 1's. She replied she wasn't sure what the problem was and would open a case on it and forward it to the person that handles these things. OK, I'll give it a week. After a week with no movement, I contacted my Congressmen; Senator Ted Cruz TX (R), and Representative A. Pfluger TX (R). The only thing I got back from Cruz was that my request for assistance had been received. However, the next day, i received a phone call from a staffer for Rep. Pfluger, asking for some more info and telling me they will contact the ATF. A couple days later (the 4th of July was in between), I received another phone call from the staffer saying the ATF had contacted her and sent her a form from me to sign which authorized them to release my tax information to her. I finally realized this was because the Form 1 involves a "Tax Stamp" and so required more red tape. I got another call from the staffer today saying the Form was approved and indeed, I had the approved form 1 in my e-mail. Still not exactly sure what the problem was with the fingerprint card was. I had submitted two form 1's at once, with 4 fingerprint cards and I think the cards got separated from the one application. Like who left the cocaine in the Whitehouse, this will remain one of life's unsolved mysteries.

My MP28

dscn6524-jpg.8085338

dscn6528-jpg.8085342

Last edited:
    Very cool.
    My father used the Lanchester sub-machinegun, an almost direct copy of the MP28 made by the British, when he was in the Royal New Zealand Navy.

Reactions: lash