• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

It was my turn today

Mwalex

Private
Minuteman
  • Jun 8, 2011
    Recently Sirhrmechanic made a post about loosing his buddy. Well, today was my turn to let me little girl go. She had cancer and it really accelerated over the past few days so it was time. An ex brought her home 16 years ago and thankfully she lasted a lot longer than that girlfriend. Over the past 16 years she moved from NY to TX, had some medical issues to work through and was the best companion I could have ever asked for. People often talk about how cats are not affectionate, and while that can be the case, my girl was always with me at home. She was either in the same room, the garage while I was working, in my lap asleep or next to me on the floor, on an ottoman or the arm of chair. I am not very good with people because I have zero tolerance for liars, manipulators and fakes so Nyn (my cat) turned into a great friend and comfort. Animals, cat or dog, know when we are not feeling well and they will do whatever they can to help. IF most of the people I dealt with were half as good as my little girl was the world would be a better place.

There are some real badasses and manly-men on this site but I am not afraid to say that my heart is broken right now.

I know that cats are not everyones cup of tea but here is a picture of Nyn and it is nice to have some place to unload, even if some people point and laugh (just joking).

IMG_0419.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0419.JPG
      IMG_0419.JPG
      433 KB · Views: 27
    Sorry for your loss, it's tough losing a pet. My wife and I treat them like they are our children and we had to put down our chihuahua last year. She still cries every once in a while thinking about her. I hate most people as well and would prefer to spend time with my dogs.

She was a cutie......very sorry for your loss. Give it time, grieve as you see fit. Then, consider doing it again. We've been down that road many times and this end of the journey just seems to get harder with time. But, the companionship they offer far outweighs the downside. We're between pets, but the temptation grows with each day.

Condolences.....take care.

Sorry for your loss, it's tough losing a pet. My wife and I treat them like they are our children and we had to put down our chihuahua last year. She still cries every once in a while thinking about her. I hate most people as well and would prefer to spend time with my dogs.

Thanks. Sorry for your loss also. If we treat our critters like they deserve to be treated it is going to hurt when they pass.

She was a cutie......very sorry for your loss. Give it time, grieve as you see fit. Then, consider doing it again. We've been down that road many times and this end of the journey just seems to get harder with time. But, the companionship they offer far outweighs the downside. We're between pets, but the temptation grows with each day.

Condolences.....take care.

Thanks. It will be a while before I do this again. We have all had that "special" critter and it takes longer to deal with them being gone.

Reactions: Holliday
    Yes, our condolences to you, sir. You are correct, I/we have never been 'cat people' but are aware that others can be. To each their own. The fact that you had a friend for so long that was a friend back is the important thing.

We are down to one dog here, and it is My Lady's 'little baby'. She was there to watch the birth, and her little chihuahua looked and thought it was a rotwieller. (don't nobody tell it otherwise). There will come a day, before too long....

And hence why we're focusing on setting up a reef tank. All kinds of 'alive' in a saltwater tank, and not held down to anything preventing travel or timing. (yes, any (rare) traveling we'd do, would involve a house-sitter.)

You're not any lesser for being a 'cat person'. Not at all. Not everybody likes camaro's either. Some just prefer freightliners. :D

Thanks. It will be a while before I do this again. We have all had that "special" critter and it takes longer to deal with them being gone.

We didn't wait very long before getting another dog. We said we were going to wait but couldn't take the house being so quite. I think the hardest part for me was not seeing her at the window when I came home. She knew the sound of my truck and would be staring out the window when I pulled up.

I've finished people on the mat and in the ring with broken bones . I've cried my heart out three times at the loss of four legged friends and family members .
    If you don't feel the loss deep down you're not human . Sorry for your loss and surprise you're human . The pain will fade with time and the memories will fill your heart so long as it beats .

Sorry for your loss. Pets do become part of your family. we are cat people, and have lost 2 of them in 10 years.
    You will always love the ones you loose, but remember.........there are plenty that need to find someone to love them, and give them their forever home............

We didn't wait very long before getting another dog. We said we were going to wait but couldn't take the house being so quite. I think the hardest part for me was not seeing her at the window when I came home. She knew the sound of my truck and would be staring out the window when I pulled up.

That is one of the issues for me. Nyn would always run to meet me at the door when I got home (very dog like) and I would always have to be careful when opening the door. Caught myself doing that this afternoon.

That is one of the issues for me. Nyn would always run to meet me at the door when I got home (very dog like) and I would always have to be careful when opening the door. Caught myself doing that this afternoon.
    Hax a dog groqing up that passed . She used to sleep at the bottom of the stairs
    and you qould have to step wide at the last step so as not to step on her . Did that til I moved out of my parents house . Became a fond memory .

Reactions: Blue Sky Country
    Pets are family. We're right around that time frame with ours, and in fact feel like we're on borrowed time. He had a rough year last year, but seems on the up and up, and we're trying to prep ourselves for when the bottom inevitably falls out and he heads home. So sorry for your loss!

Yeah it sucks.

I absolutely love animals and can't stand people.

Mine actually sits on my lap like a human when we watch TV and she knows when I'm watching Bayern Munich and actually comes to watch the game, every fucking time. It's insane.

eta - I know the initial reaction is that you don't want to go through this again, and no animal can replace your pal. I'm telling you, after a bit, you're going to want another one, which has always turned out fantastic for me.

Last edited:
    Pets are family. We're right around that time frame with ours, and in fact feel like we're on borrowed time. He had a rough year last year, but seems on the up and up, and we're trying to prep ourselves for when the bottom inevitably falls out and he heads home. So sorry for your loss!

Thanks. No matter how much we think we are prepared for what needs to be done we learn that we are not. Hope that bottom doesn’t fall out for a long while.

There are some real badasses and manly-men on this site but I am not afraid to say that my heart is broken right now.

My condolences go out to you man. It is terrible to lose any member of your family and pets are also family one and the same.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with saying that your heart is broken because of this loss. As a matter of fact, every one of us here are badasses and manly-men BECAUSE we hold special compassion for things like defenseless children, unborn babies, people genuinely in need, and of course, our very own loved ones.

After all, what makes us gun owners and invest so much into training and ammunition and gear? It is this soft spot in our hearts that compel us to be PROTECTORS.

This was our cat. She would frequently knock over my suitcase and stand on top of it in protest of me leaving town on a business trip yet again. She was our favorite cat. All kinds of personality and she ruled the roost. Passed away of natural causes about 3 years ago.

1548725135791.png

This was our cat. She would frequently knock over my suitcase and stand on top of it in protest of me leaving town on a business trip yet again. She was our favorite cat. All kinds of personality and she ruled the roost. Passed away of natural causes about 3 years ago.

View attachment 7013687

Mine would lay in my suitcase while I was trying to pack. They have some not-so-subtle ways of communicating, if we listen.
    IMG_0499.jpg

Last edited:
    Jesus Dude.... I am so sorry. I have a 16 year old going on 17. We have lived together since she was 1. She was diagnosed with kidney disease last year and given 4 months to 2 years. It's been a year and I count every day as a gift.

I have always said, that if the house were on fire there is one thing I'd be after and if you find me burned up underneath something, with my ass sticking out, I was looking for the damn cat.

We owe these pets so much for their companionship. They love us unconditionally and we are their protectors. When they pass a piece of us goes with them.

"‘Tis a fearful thing to love what death can touch"........

Recently Sirhrmechanic made a post about loosing his buddy. Well, today was my turn to let me little girl go. She had cancer and it really accelerated over the past few days so it was time. An ex brought her home 16 years ago and thankfully she lasted a lot longer than that girlfriend. Over the past 16 years she moved from NY to TX, had some medical issues to work through and was the best companion I could have ever asked for. People often talk about how cats are not affectionate, and while that can be the case, my girl was always with me at home. She was either in the same room, the garage while I was working, in my lap asleep or next to me on the floor, on an ottoman or the arm of chair. I am not very good with people because I have zero tolerance for liars, manipulators and fakes so Nyn (my cat) turned into a great friend and comfort. Animals, cat or dog, know when we are not feeling well and they will do whatever they can to help. IF most of the people I dealt with were half as good as my little girl was the world would be a better place.

I know that cats are not everyones cup of tea but here is a picture of Nyn and it is nice to have some place to unload, even if some people point and laugh (just joking).

View attachment 7013636

Sorry to hear...I'm partial to all pets but cats especially.

I have 2 cats and 2 large dogs. My oldest cat and pet is 14 and she has gone through a lot but actually is in damn good health other than she is blind. She also has a heart murmur...I really won't be happy when it happens to me.

My sincerest sympathy to you in your loss. In my professional life, I have to help people deal with this every day. It is a part of my job I hate, but I'm glad to have the option to end suffering that can't be helped or healed. When there's just nothing else that can be done, we can take comfort in knowing that we did the right thing when the time came.

Sorry for your loss.

We have cats and all were feral at one time. A couple of them have bonded to me so closely that they don't let me out of their sight. My day wouldn't be as enjoyable without them.

FWIW - years ago I trained dogs for protection. Told the little lady if she wants to keep these damn cats they will be trained. People are amazed at how they respond to my commands. I'm a convert!

Condolences Mwalex. I'm not a "cat person", but my wife is, and so we've had a few over the years.

I'll be damned if I know how they creep into your heart, even when you're not a "cat person". We've lost 2, gained another two, and recently lost one of the second pair (over the span of the last 12 or so years). The remaining little shit has a tantrum when I travel, and upon returning home, I end up having her pawing me, and crying for attention for the first day or so...and I don't even particularly like cats. (One of the last pair was the same way)

Sorry for your loss...

Reactions: Mwalex
    Sorry for your loss.

We have cats and all were feral at one time. A couple of them have bonded to me so closely that they don't let me out of their sight. My day wouldn't be as enjoyable without them.

FWIW - years ago I trained dogs for protection. Told the little lady if she wants to keep these damn cats they will be trained. People are amazed at how they respond to my commands. I'm a convert!

I walked Nyn on a leash and she was excellent about taking commands while walking. If a cat bonds with a person they will listen, well, sometimes any way.

I was never a cat person either, in fact pets in general weren’t really me. I had a long term gf who wanted them. They were both rescues, and totally liked me better. They stayed when she went. Had to put both down, this last one was in September. Fuckin sucks!

Sorry for your loss.

7ABA8C7A-AE21-4510-B50D-481EADB446E6.jpeg44BD63C2-E8AA-4390-8DE2-F453201EB0B2.jpeg

Condolences Mwalex. I'm not a "cat person", but my wife is, and so we've had a few over the years.

I'll be damned if I know how they creep into your heart, even when you're not a "cat person". We've lost 2, gained another two, and recently lost one of the second pair (over the span of the last 12 or so years). The remaining little shit has a tantrum when I travel, and upon returning home, I end up having her pawing me, and crying for attention for the first day or so...and I don't even particularly like cats. (One of the last pair was the same way)

Sorry for your loss...

Thanks and it sounds like the little girl has bonded with you. Cats don't care if you are a cat person or not and will not hold that against anyone when trying to get attention.

Last edited:
    I was never a cat person either, in fact pets in general weren’t really me. I had a long term gf who wanted them. They were both rescues, and totally liked me better. They stayed when she went. Had to put both down, this last one was in September. Fuckin sucks!

Sorry for your loss.

View attachment 7013958View attachment 7013960

Both were beautiful critters and sorry for your losses. They can grow on you and you never notice that it happened until you have to let them go.

Last edited:
    Reactions: MarinePMI
    As has been stated @Mwalex , very sorry for your loss regarding your Kitty. We all know just how damn hard it is when we lose one of our 'other' family members, it's never easy and it's not suppose to be. Hang on to the memories and know you made that animals life fun and amazing, as it did your's.

I certainly hope so because it is in the sucking real hard phase right now.

It will get better but hang in there, it may take a while. Kind of crazy that today is the 1 year birthday of the puppy that helped us get through it. He's an asshole but I wouldn't trade him for the world. We chose a different breed thinking that was a good idea but I'm convinced they should be called a rat terror not terrier.

I feel your pain and send my condolences on the loss of a family member. I had a cat named Rory for 18 years....he raised two Irish Wolfhounds the right way and they had a deep and loving respect for cats for their whole lives because of it. Rory was a fantastic cat and a treasured member of the family for almost 2 decades.

There is no loss like the passing of a beloved 4 footed family member. I am sorry for your loss and send my best hope that your grief passes to fond memories soon.

VooDoo

So sorry, @Mwalex. It is obvious from the number of condolences you have received that all of us feel that pain with you, brother. We know what it’s like to lose a companion and friend. They offer us loyalty and unconditional love, while being content with merely being loved in return. When my chocolate lab passed a friend told me “we love them so much and grieve their loss because few people love you like your pets love you.” So true. Time will help, but you will always remember her and miss her. Nothing wrong with being heartbroken. That’s ok. It shows you’re a good man.

We may have many pets, cats, dogs throughout our lifetime, there time to leave may seem too short.

But your pets know only one master for their whole life.

So sorry, @Mwalex. It is obvious from the number of condolences you have received that all of us feel that pain with you, brother. We know what it’s like to lose a companion and friend. They offer us loyalty and unconditional love, while being content with merely being loved in return. When my chocolate lab passed a friend told me “we love them so much and grieve their loss because few people love you like your pets love you.” So true. Time will help, but you will always remember her and miss her. Nothing wrong with being heartbroken. That’s ok. It shows you’re a good man.

Such a great way of stating the relationship between people and animals. If given half a chance a critter will give their all and ask for very little in return. If you look closely you will see their joy from that pat on the head or belly rub. Animals make us better people if we give them a chance.

Thanks all for the kind words.

Sorry to hear that man. Losing a furry buddy is tough. Been there, done that. Was not a good time. Had a cat since the day he was born under my porch. 11 years. He was an indoor/outdoor cat for 10 years. He disappeared in 2014. I have no idea what happened to him. But I know he didnt run off. Either coyotes got him, or he got killed by another Tom maybe? I dont know. I had been seeing a big black/white Tom here and there shortly before he disappeared. When he disappeared, the black/white Tom began to show his face more and more. Needless to say, black/white Tom isnt here anymore if you catch my drift.

It is what it is. He had 150 acres to roam and plenty of pussy here. He lived a damn good life and fathered many kittens.

My current cat is his son. Looks identical to him. Gray, fluffy, and cool as fuck. He now controls his fathers territory with an iron paw.

I think most guys will give another fellow a pass over the loss of a beloved dog or cat. Even most "dog people" understand that for a "cat person", the loss is just as great for a dog or a cat.

You have my most sincere condolences. I hope you are able to find another furry friend to share your life with. I believe they really do make our lives better, and enrich us in a great many ways.