• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

It worked so poorly it’s resulted in 3 federal lawsuits

nagantguy

Major Hide Member
Minuteman
Aug 28, 2020

In the shittiest shit hole in my ever shittier state (though I’m in rural farm county and love it !) Detroit PD has been using a very Shitty AI facial recognition program to identify criminals, because they are absolutely useless in solving crimes - like when they had 11,000 untested rape kits in a storage unit that had homeless living in it and stealing evidence from it . Anyhow the relatively new program has already resulted in 3 federal lawsuits and to date hasn’t actually solved a crime or identified the correct person. But not ones to give up easily on a terrible idea and being fresh out of fresh ideas it’s still being used . Resulting in an 8month pregnant lady - with no tattoos being identified as a Jack jacker and armed robber . And maybe there are several hugely pregnant armed robbers but this particular armed robber they were looking for had lots of tattoos and wasn’t obviously extremely pregnant. But not being easily deterred while preforming the people’s business they proceed with the arrest and all charges were later dropped because of lack of evidence and a new federal lawsuit was filed on Aug 8th.

The only comment this far from DPD “we were just doin hour job and arrested who the machine told us to arrest “.

0E42717E00000578-3782555-image-a-22_1473464606972.jpg

Just doing what we are told... It's not our fault.

AI facial recognition and traffic cams that send tickets are fucked up. When do you get to face your accuser?

It's also been proven that facial recognition doesn't work very well on dark skinned people.

Reactions: NoDopes
Homeless living in th evidence room, if your going to be incompetent you might as well go big.
Not an evidence room just a series of sheds at a storage yard- No climate control No security . Look up the Detroit rape kit scandal. It one of the biggest law enforcement failings in the last ten years - and the guy in charge of it actually ran for governor of the state .

Not an evidence room just a series of sheds at a storage yard- No climate control No security . Look up the Detroit rape kit scandal. It one of the biggest law enforcement failings in the last ten years - and the guy in charge of it actually ran for governor of the state .
I remember the headline, but the reality is there are are series of cities now when I see the headline I don’t really bother to read the article, the cities are so jacked up I doubt anything in the article could make my perception worse or surprise me. The list is currently Detroit, Chicago, New York, Seattle, Portland, St Louis, Austin, DC, and pretty much California as a whole but San Francisco is probably the crown jewel of current self destruction(Portland being a close second). It is a crying shame what they did to Detroit since the 50’s, but liberals are really no different than locusts, they feed on what others have produced until there isn’t anything left.

I remember the headline, but the reality is there are are series of cities now when I see the headline I don’t really bother to read the article, the cities are so jacked up I doubt anything in the article could make my perception worse or surprise me. The list is currently Detroit, Chicago, New York, Seattle, Portland, St Louis, Austin, DC, and pretty much California as a whole but San Francisco is probably the crown jewel of current self destruction(Portland being a close second). It is a crying shame what they did to Detroit since the 50’s, but liberals are really no different than locusts, they feed on what others have produced until there isn’t anything left.
Truth!

"Arrested who the machine told us to arrest"

That's a scary statement.

AI facial recognition and traffic cams that send tickets are fucked up. When do you get to face your accuser?

It's also been proven that facial recognition doesn't work very well on dark skinned people.
or the Chinese.
I heard that the first AI came the the conclusion that there were only 5 people living in China.

Reactions: Threadcutter308

In Tennessee, tickets from traffic cameras can be ignored. Our laws require a traffic offense to be witnessed by an officer.

In Tennessee, tickets from traffic cameras can be ignored. Our laws require a traffic offense to be witnessed by an officer.
My wife and two daughters were in a contest to see how many they could get. They put them on the fridge with magnets. I threw them out when one of them said something about needing more magnets.

Reactions: quietmike