• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

BG94591

Major Hide Member
Minuteman
Jul 6, 2019
I have a MPA Tikka chassis I’m going to sell. I was hit up by a member on another forum that wants to buy it but he lives in the United Kingdom. Anyone know off the top of their head if it’s legal to ship a chassis to the UK?

You spelled "ITARd" wrong.

And yeah, as a Canuckistanian I can say that. Nine-thousand times out of a hundred, the items in question are NOT illegal in the UK or Canada. But it seems that it IS illegal to have said item leave the U.S.A.

And yet, the AmeriYank gov't goes and leaves/gives a WHOLE WHACK of military materiel to the enemy in the middle-east. Or is that 'enemies'?

So yeah, as I stated (good luck on your quest), you spelled ITARd wrong.

I think stocks are not under ITAR

https://www.ecfr.gov/cgi-bin/text-i...9cc5df41a180750a&node=22:1.0.1.13.58&rgn=div5

But my experience is a lot US vendors will tell you to get fucked if you ask them about international shipping, even for things like bipods.
Also while a stock or chassis may be perfectly legal here and could ship from the US, it would need import paperwork on this end. (England and Canada are probably the same?)

@THEIS is most likely who you want to ask about exporting.

Reactions: BG94591
I think stocks are not under ITAR

https://www.ecfr.gov/cgi-bin/text-i...9cc5df41a180750a&node=22:1.0.1.13.58&rgn=div5

But my experience is a lot US vendors will tell you to get fucked if you ask them about international shipping, even for things like bipods.
Also while a stock or chassis may be perfectly legal here and could ship from the US, it would need import paperwork on this end. (England and Canada are probably the same?)

@THEIS is most likely who you want to ask about exporting.

Stocks are under ITAR, Trump was supposedly removing much of ITAR limitations but it doesn't show to be much difference in practice.

Get an MDT from Canada , no issues with ITAR from them

Last edited:
Hi,

Short answer is Yes it can be.
Short answer is No it cannot be.

Makes sense?? I didn't think it would, lolol.

95% of firearms and firearms related components are no longer under DDTC (ITAR) regulation; they have been moved to Dept of Commerce regulations.
Unless you setup an account with DoC along with AES (Automated Export System) and submit the required information you cannot legally ship that stock to the UK.
IF you do go through those setup processes and get the approval then yes you can ship that stock to the UK.

Sincerely,
Theis

Makes perfect sense, If you raise the cow, milk it. Grow the wheat, process it into flour. Raise the pig, kill said pig for lard. You may now have a biscuit.(But no Mustard) LOL
It's possible, but how many hoops do you want to jump?

Stocks are under ITAR , I have forcibly 'donated' a carbon fiber Manners to US gov and received a 'letter of gratitude' for violation of ITAR a couple of years ago. Trump was supposedly removing much of ITAR limitations but it doesn't show to be much difference in practice.

Funny enough ITAR seems to be one-way street, as i exported well over a hundred triggers to US through all the customs and never had an issue.

Get an MDT from Canada , no issues with ITAR from them

Hi,

Geezus Christ, lol....You literally just admitted to violating USA BATFE laws and regulations just because you did not get caught.
That is akin of a self employed pharmaceutical manufacturer saying on a forum that exporting his "pills" into the USA because he did it once and had no issues.

What the DDTC did under Trump was remove basically 95% of all items from Category I, II, and III from DDTC to Commerce Dept.
What that did was remove the $2250 burden on small manufacturers and gunsmiths from having to register under DDTC.
What that did was made the process flow significantly faster flow through process for export approvals.

What is funny is ITAR is not a 1 way street....
I am currently waiting on UK to approve an export permit and end user certificate on their side for some test barrels right now.
I am currently waiting on Turkish export permit for ammunition to be imported (already have that permit) into the USA.
I am currently waiting on Israel MOD to approve export permit for other firearm parts.

Sincerely,
Theis

Hi,

Short answer is Yes it can be.
Short answer is No it cannot be.

Makes sense?? I didn't think it would, lolol.

95% of firearms and firearms related components are no longer under DDTC (ITAR) regulation; they have been moved to Dept of Commerce regulations.
Unless you setup an account with DoC along with AES (Automated Export System) and submit the required information you cannot legally ship that stock to the UK.
IF you do go through those setup processes and get the approval then yes you can ship that stock to the UK.

Sincerely,
Theis

thank you for the info and your time. I will tell him.

BG