• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos Itouch - KAC Bullet Flight program

96C

Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Aug 9, 2007
    Aust
    Apple iTouch 2nd Gen loaded with Knights Armament Corp "Bullet Flight" program off iTunes.
    Otter Box protection (excellent product for the field!)

Re: Itouch - KAC Bullet Flight program

Very nice. I have the Otter Case and the iTouch but lack loading up the software, suppose I should get it taken care of.

How do you like the software?

Todd

Hi Todd,
    Getting the software is easy, in iTunes just search for bullet flight.. then you purchase it through the store on iTunes itself.

Plug in your iTouch and sync it, done
    smile.gif

The program itself is good, once you get your own profile made up for your rifle with your round and fairly specific variables dialled in it works well.

I'm about 1/2 MOA out to 800 yards (which i could tweak with the muzzle velocity but want to properly chrono it first).

Pretty easy, stable it doesnt freeze or drop data. One thing I would like is to have a LEAD feature for moving targets though.

The otter box is worth its weight in gold! Last trip I had light mud flicks and heavy rain all over it, no issues at all
    smile.gif

I have the same program (Bullettflight) on my IPHONE and love it, it is easy to use, great interface,and makes for one less thing I have to take afield.
    I cant believe they are only charging $9 (NINE) Dollars for it. If you have an I phone or ipod go download it B4 they raise the price.

I use this myself, really like it.

Especially if you reload, instead of having to look up all the drag numbers for the rounds, it has a huge database in it, so you don't have to boggle back and forth on the web.

Two huge thumbs up from me.

Sweet deal, i went to Future Shop today to buy a Palm Pilot and foun out they were obsolite. I looked at the I-Tunes 8G, but thought it would take a brain to get the software to load up. Thanks a bunch for the info on itunes. I will be going tommorow to pick up the IPod Touch.

if its an iphone or itouch it will yeah as long as its up to date software wise.

look in iTunes for Bullet Flight, once you purchase it sync the application onto your itouch and it'll work
    smile.gif

I have been on the Itunes site and searching all over for bulletflight and can't find anything? I just got the Iphone and really want this app. Could some one help with a link or some way I can get there??

Go to the app store on you phone. Use the search and type in bulletflight. It will pull it right up.

I have Bullet Flight on my iPhone and love it. However I can not find an an Otterbox for it, only for the iPod touch. Anybody know where I can get one?

Ah, isn't an iTouch and iPhone roughly the same exact size, its only a little different when looking at the thickness. Even then it is minor.

So if you found an otterbox for an iTouch it should fit an iPhone,

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Impact</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have an ipod, it will work in it ? </div></div>

No.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AZ EMS Pilot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have Bullet Flight on my iPhone and love it. However I can not find an an Otterbox for it, only for the iPod touch. Anybody know where I can get one? </div></div>

Take 30 seconds and look at their site. They have models for iPhones and iTouch.

If you like that, get Ballistic FTE... Much better IMO.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JRose</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you like that, get Ballistic FTE... Much better IMO. </div></div>

JRose,
    I'm going to buy one of the programs and am interested in your comment, do you have both? Could you explain a bit?
    Thanks you,
    Rodbolt

Yes, I have both.. FTE just offers a lot more features and does some pretty cool things, and while I haven't done much side by side comparison, the FTE has been ridiculously accurate. Considerably better than the ATRAG I've been using.

As long as I enter all the correct data, it has me on target close enough to make a correction in one round.

If I could give you my Bulletflight, I would. I never use it.

Thank you,
    That's good to know.

Yes nice programs I like the Ballistic FTE more.I have both programs for my iTouch FTE is a better layout and comes with good projectiles and factory loads.Its very accurate
    as longe as the data is correct.

I am the author of the KAC program.

The UI of BulletFlight is optimized for field use rather than use at home. Everything you need to see at any give time is shown on the screen at once and there is no scrolling.

It does spin drift, Coriolis effect, and has many advanced features. It does a nice looking range-card but also has a range wheel to give a direct answer to what you are currently shooting at. Moreover, the computations are accurate and it does things that most other programs don't, such as factors in the sight-in weather as well as the current shooting weather. So if you sight in at 5000 feet altitude and then shoot at sea level, that is handled automatically.

Features are added as people request them which happened a lot at first but now people mostly just sent stories about how they are using it.

JRose, it looks to be the suunto military type.

Rsilvers, thanks for your work! I use KAC as my main program in the field... Any chance of having a lead function added with target speed / angle etc?