• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes It's about time Burris gets in the game! UPDATED 1-8-14

RWSGunsmithing

Gunny Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
  • Mar 26, 2006
    Manning, Iowa
    www.rwsgunsmithing.com
    I know that Burris imports Steiner scopes but it's about time that they started making there own tactical scopes with some of the features that we want.

I'm defiantly going to be taking a closer look at these at shot.

XTR Scopes - rifle scopes, handgun scopes, hunting scopes by Burris Optics

A bit of new info on these.

They are made in the Philippines.

Possible street pricing look to be

2-10 $925
    3-15 $1150
    4-20 $1250
    5-25 $1350
    8-40 $1350
    1-5 $925
    1.5-8 $1150

This is all rough pricing so it might higher it might be lower depending on the retailer and availability.

I'm gonna get some coming in. So I hope to do better than those pricing.

So if your interested in something specific please email me at [email protected] and let me know what you would like to see. This way I can make sure I get plenty of that specific model.

Last edited:
    I was just about to post the same thing.

Looks very promising.

I think I will likely grab a 5-25 when they are available to compare to my Steiner.

Very curious to see the price point on this line..especially the 2-10 and the 3-15x.

With those list prices, they are targeting a pretty crowded market range with plenty of established competition. I guess that it will very much depend upon what they deliver for those prices.

Yeah, street prices are more my interest than MSRPs.

A little time putting in Burris Item numbers in Google shows a couple online retailers have already put the optics up though they are obviously OUT OF STOCK; the 5-25x looks to have a 'street price' of 1020-1100, while the 3-15x is in the $850-925 range.

Definitely curious to see if those are real and representative.

http://www.xtremenavigation.com/Burris-201030-Bur-Xtr-Ii-3x-15x-50-Ill-Milld-201030_p_25663.html
    http://www.xtremenavigation.com/Burris-201050-Bur-Xtr-Ii-5x-25x-50-Ill-G2b-201050_p_25665.html

Last edited:
    They come in under the Vortex and offer some nicer features than the SWFA and Bushnell.

I think their list price gives hope of a more fully featured scope in the street price range of $1500 or so.

I've seen them, they are REALLY nice. Stop by the booth at Shot. I'll be there Tuesday, Wednesday. RJ

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Wow, nice price and set of features. Wonder how the glass will be on them and how well they will hold up over time.

Yeah, street prices are more my interest than MSRPs.

A little time putting in Burris Item numbers in Google shows a couple online retailers have already put the optics up though they are obviously OUT OF STOCK; the 5-25x looks to have a 'street price' of 1020-1100, while the 3-15x is in the $850-925 range.

Definitely curious to see if those are real and representative.

Burris-201030 Bur Xtr Ii 3x-15x-50 Ill Milld
    Burris-201050 Bur Xtr Ii 5x-25x-50 Ill G2b

Dang, at those prices they are going to be competing with the Vortex PST line, not Razor. But specs would put them more on the level of the Razor IMO.

This is going to be good for us (the consumer).

When companies compete in the same market segment, we (the consumer) get better products at better prices.

I am not going to be one that jumps in on this one. I haven't been a fan of Burris so far, so it will be a hard fought to get me past my Vortex and SWFA.

DK

Look forward to checking them out at SHOT.

Any updates on whether or not these will have daylight visible illumination unlike the first version of the XTR scopes?

I'm liking that 4-20... nice range for an all purpose rifle.

Ballistic turret knobs can be customized & ordered online, too.

First Bushnell stepped up, now it looks like Burris is, too.

Joe

Last edited:
    Where is the glass sourced from? Very nice looking scopes and I agree with the above. If the glass is better than bushnell it should be a winner compared to the ERS. Only "drawback" I see is lack of reticle options.

Just being nit picky but if the scope is a mil dot reticle with mil adjustments, then they should list the overall travel of the scope in mils and not MOA.

I would like to see them offer an MOA reticle to go with their 1/8 MOA click turrets on that 8x40

Since I already have a HDMR, Im out for the bigger ones. However, that 1-5x or 1.5-8x look very appealing for $680-800.

Nice feature set... Then again... depends on the price. "FOREVER warranty"? nice... dont think I have heard that term

These scopes look interesting, although a number of years ago, I gave up on Burris scopes. I had a Fullfield I scope on a Deer rifle. I took a fall when dragging a Deer and fell on the rifle, cracking the main tube near the rear ring. I contacted Burris to see if they would repair the scope at my cost. They could not. This scope was in the same price range as a Leupold Vari XII. Had the scope been a Leupold, the cost to repair the main tube was $90.00. I would have paid that.

Burris had me send the scope to them and they gave me a voucher to get a new Fullfield I scope for $10.00 less than I could get it from Natchez, Midsouth Shooters etc. I had a friend who wanted the new scope, so I let him use the voucher and I replaced the scope on my Deer rifle with a Leupold Vari XII scope.

It's hard today to compete with companies like Vortex who will replace a damaged scope even it it's the user's fault. My Burris Fullfield scope cost about $180.00 - $200.00 range a number of years ago. I just accepted that Burris scopes in this price range were just disposable and to be tossed if they get damaged.

If Burris can repair these new XTR scopes and if they compete wit the Vortex PST like, they might have a good product worth buying.

Last edited:
    Ummm.. Yes. Is this a trick question?

I think most folks would LOVE a quality tactical riflescope, with desired features at an affordable price point, made right here in the USA (as opposed to Japan or other countries)...just that not many are doing so right now so yeah, its a little hard to believe.

Is there a list of reticles and turret options? Mil/Mil etc?

I've had 3 Fullfield II's and an XTR and was happy with all of them for the money. Got a good deal on a used XTR and then had a problem with one of the turrets. Sent it in, turret was replaced and it was back to me within a few weeks for free. The forever warranty is good, as long as they have matching turrets I could find a gun or two to put one on, I would sorely miss the G2 reticle though. I've gotten accustomed to it in my Bushnells.

Last edited:
    This is very interesting to say the least. A direct competitor to the PST series? I think so.

Though i've never used Burris at all, know a couple of people that use them. How is their glass on their hunting scopes?

Completely different glass than the hunting lines.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Would be nice to see an illuminated 2-10 or the 1.5-8 with the CQ MIL reticle.

I would assume since Burris/Steiner are basically the same company, different divisions, that the glass would be from a similar source. I saw the Steiner before release at the Burris factory as the Burris engineers were trying to work out some issues. Ultimately Steiner didn't want to give up the manufacturing. I guess the sibling rivalry continues. Both companies are owned by Beretta and do work collectively on some projects. I'm glad to see the Burris line com ok B-) out with there own line.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

It's about time Burris gets in the game!

Feature set is pretty much the same as the pst. FFP, zero stop, Mil/MOA, illumination, etc. I don't think this is intended to compete with a 2000$ razor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feature set puts it more in line with the Razor, not the PST.

He is saying different than the Burris hunting line.

I wouldn't be too surprised to see these with glass like the Steiner. But who knows.
    Its a bit early to comment on glass quality so what else do these have over the PST line? I like my vortex scopes for sure but am looking for a 1-8ish scope for my 6.8SPC build. This looks like itll fit the bill but Im a bit skeptical of paying a grand for a burris scope.

I understood the glass is different than the hunting scopes, I was just seeing if my question would get answered after asking a third time :).

Feature set puts it more in line with the Razor, not the PST.

He is saying different than the Burris hunting line.

I wouldn't be too surprised to see these with glass like the Steiner. But who knows.

Only Burris I've ever owned or had any experience with is a Euro Diamond 1.5-6x40 that I put on an 18" 6.8SPC AR15. Good glass, but the knobs left a little to be desired. Living in Western Kansas, the temptation is to take a drive out to Greeley, Co. and have a look at some of the new tactical line of scopes. But then there's the anti-gun element in the Denver/Boulder area that makes me want to avoid spending any of my $$$ in the state.