• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

its finaly done!!!

Drock

Private
Minuteman
Mar 15, 2013
kingston ohio
ok this build is finaly done!....for now

Remington 700 .308
26inch heavy barrel (duracoat tactical woodland tan)
HS Precision Stock with flush cups (duracoat tactical coyote brown)
Timney 517 trigger adj at 2 pounds
Seekins Precision 20moa base with Seekins Rings
Harris bi-pod
Muzzle break installed by Tom Sarver at Thunder Valley Precision
SWFA 16x42 scope

Attachments

• rem700.jpg
    rem700.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
Have you shot it with the break on yet? ....does it work well enough to see impacts at short distances?

Looking for a good brake that's the same diameter as the barrel of my SPS-V, most I've found are slightly larger.

i have not got a chance to shoot with the break. as i just finished duracoating it this past sat.
before the break and trigger install i was getting 3.5 inch group at 450 yards. and was able to ring the steal plate at 1000 yards
the twist rate is 1/12
as of right now i run federal premium gold medal match 168gr sbthp or hornady 168rg a-max
i plan on setting up to reload so i will be able to play around with diff loads to see what it likes the best!!!

Range report.
the break reduced recoil about 60% trigger was clean crisp and had no creep
shoot five shots at a paint ball at 200 yards... missed. then i settled down found my sweet spot and let one fly!!! HIT! bye bye paint ball!
Here are a few pics

Attachments

• shotgroup.jpg
    shotgroup.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 17
  • paintbpall shot.jpg
    paintbpall shot.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 18
I call total BS on that statement... YOU WILL NEVER BE DONE!!!!

Nice job on the stick by the way!! Nice shooting as well!!

DK

That's why it was followed by.... For now!!!
If no one has tried to hit paint balls at 200 yards give it a try! Fun and challenging!

We were doing basically the same thing with golf balls @ 400. Kinda funny, I didn't actually hit a ball, but I broke 2 of the tees they were sitting on. 5 balls, 5 shots, 2 broke tees, no hits... It was still alot of fun though. LOL.

DK