• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

It's Happening!11!!! So I heard you liked hauling military generators around? Official (Unofficial) Meet TheGerman thread

TheGerman

Oberleutnant
Minuteman
  • Jan 25, 2010
    the Westside
    Yes, I do exist. A few people here have met me and I'm pretty sure they have all reported back than I am exactly what you'd expect in person. I will also call you a muppet at some point.

So I have an interesting problem, which in turn, may be an awesome opportunity for someone here. Sit back, grab some moonshine and let you tell you my tale of woe (and opportunity!):

We have a literal FOB in the middle of acreage here in Utah. Think command tent with a floor, bar, armory, furniture and an ECU (heating/AC unit) for said FOB. Not to mention that there are a few 100 acres of cleared land with professionally made berms and shooting lanes all over the place. Anyways, we also have a fancy 10kw generator that rides around on the appropriate military trailer. It powers the FOB, the ECU, the surround sound, the blender for the bar, fleshlight, the lighting for everything and I can even plug my iPhone into it.

The problem we find ourselves in is that this generator is currently stuck at another SH'ers house. In Ohio. Like, not close to Utah. Ohio. Not Utah. Utah is in Utah. Anyways.

I've been in contact with my usual commercial shipping guys who I have shipped larger things across the US with before. Since the faggots in both Washington, Ukraine and Russia have somehow caused havoc on the gas prices, most smaller/partial/hotshot carriers have basically ceased operations. Trying to find one has gone from a bidding war, to slim pickings with larger LTL carriers showing up to the party with totally empty trucks no one wants to pay for and saying they could haul this for $5-6k. EL O EL. Yeah, good luck with that.

I might consider buying 100% of the truck to use 5% of the space if we could get the SH Uboat ready for shipping in time, but alas, 1 project at a time or my wife would figure out that all this money didn't really go into shit like 'the yard' or 'business trips'.

So...where do you come in? I know you've been eager to find out. Well, does anyone know a hotshot carrier or is maybe driving past Ohio on their way to Las Vegas or beautiful and scenic Zion National park? Because if you are....go pick up my generator and Ill cover costs. Because how else is my miniature giraffe going to tan itself without a generator for the tanning bed?

There may also be some nightvision machine gun non-muppet fun involved. Or Ill paint your face on the generator. Or spend a day or two and I'll either have you ready for the SF pipeline, or you died. Either way itll be fun. I promise. Maybe.

@deersniper need not apply for obvious reasons.

Last edited:
    Very tempting. Cross country road trip, SF pipeline readiness or early death, slumber party at a desert FOB with "The German." Sounds like a win-win opportunity. If only diesel wasn't priced at rectal, struggle-snuggle premiums and I wasn't in the PNW.

How big is the generator? Pull with a pickup or pull with something larger?

10Kw on the .mil trailer that they are made for. Can pull with a pick up. Just need a hitch that works with a lunneite (sp?) ring.

Looks just like this one:

iu

Bonus points if you get a doll that looks like Frank to ride around on it the entire trip.

10Kw on the .mil trailer that they are made for. Can pull with a pick up. Just need a hitch that works with a lunneite (sp?) ring.

Looks just like this one:

iu

Bonus points if you get a doll that looks like Frank to ride around on it the entire trip.

Is that one of the solerix (sp) turbine powered ones?

Is that trailer rated for anything over 65 mph? I can vouch that going 65 across cornfields and desert will make a person rather die early than be ready for SF pipeline

My place to Ohio to Vegas and back is 62 hrs give or take…

Is that trailer rated for anything over 65 mph? I can vouch that going 65 across cornfields and desert will make a person rather die early than be ready for SF pipeline

My place to Ohio to Vegas and back is 62 hrs give or take…
    I did it multiple times as a kid at 55 MPH. It's as bad as you describe.

• Haha
    Reactions: rlsmith1
    Tires - wheel bearings good on the trailer? Surge brakes work?

this is not hard to haul if trailer is roadworthy — trailer with genny is balanced well

how about zip codes where trailer is and needs to go

As fate would have it I can’t help you out. Sold the trucks and trailers a month ago. We weren’t going to suffer like the Obama years and equipment prices are 2-3 times what they were in 2019. Just heard today that freight prices are starting to drop. Enjoy the $5.49 diesel and fuck Biden. I’ll be in the corner watching the carnage with a beer in my hand.

I wonder if my Camry could tow it? However, I’d charge f-450 gas costs, plus hooker and blow expenses.

Reactions: Bender
    Geez, that's 43 hours of driving for me if I were to go pick it up and take it to you. Be about $1K in fuel just for that leg, and another 21hrs on the return leg to get home and back to painting.

Weird that hot shotters aren't working, just figured they were up their prices to compensate for higher fuel costs.

Branden

Reactions: Bender
    Hot-shot rig would be your best bet, as long as loading and unloading could be taken care of.

If I was anywhere near Ohio, I’d do this. I’d love to come to Utah and go rockhounding. This would be an excellent excuse. However, where I’m at now, it would be at least a 36 hour drive.

No need for aircraft to fly that low. He just needs a JPADS setup
    Eh, I'm old....we didn't have that fancy shit back when I served...just the load master kicking it out of the back! haha

Now, as a very young butter bar I went to a lot of training classes and during Air-Ground Ops school they showed us some gnarly short movie clips of munitions and aircraft in combat ops. In one, which I think they showed us just to humor us and keep us interested, they tried to drop a M551 Sheridan light tank out of a C-130 with LAPES and it wasn't pretty! haha Damn thing looked like it tumbled for miles. haha

Eh, I'm old....we didn't have that fancy shit back when I served...just the load master kicking it out of the back! haha

Now, as a very young butter bar I went to a lot of training classes and during Air-Ground Ops school they showed us some gnarly short movie clips of munitions and aircraft in combat ops. In one, which I think they showed us just to humor us and keep us interested, they tried to drop a M551 Sheridan light tank out of a C-130 with LAPES and it wasn't pretty! haha Damn thing looked like it tumbled for miles. haha
    I have seen that goatfuck of a drop!!

The .mil world is full of wild stuff now days. Even more so since I left I’m sure. Hell, when I was about to retire, Bragg was testing semi autonomous UTVs.

• Love
    Reactions: Bender and Baron23