• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

It's here!! My 2nd rifle from Patriot Arms - pics

buckey

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 3, 2007
Pittsburgh, Pa
Just picked up my 2nd rifle from Jered and Dave at Patriot Arms. Once again, the boys from Georgia hooked me up with an awesome rifle!!!

Here are some pics:

riflepics005.jpg

Re: It's here!! My 2nd rifle from Patriot Arms - pics

Here are the specs:

Rem 700 LA trued and squared = 30-06 caliber

Spiral fluted bolt w/ Patriot Arms bolt knob

Patriot Arms oversized recoil lug

Rock Creek Barrel = #3 contour, 1-11.25 twist, finished at 24"

McMillan Sako Hunter stock = standard fill, 14" LOP, pillar/skim bedded, Woodland camo

Old style Rem 700 trigger & BDL bottom metal

Badger base and rings

All metal was Cera-Koted in matte black

Scope will be a S&B Zenith 1.5-6x42mm

The rifle is pretty light weight - haven't weighed it yet, but probably right around 7#. It handles and balances perfectly - it will make a great hunting rifle!!

The boys did a great job on this rifle - a big shout out to Jered, Dave & Wild Bill!!

Very nice, Congrats

When $$$$ is better I am going to go the same route and have a cuton hunting stick made.

Congrats!
Very nice! I like the fluted black bolt.

Very nice man. Jered does great work and is a hell of a guy to deal with. One of these days I'm going to have to buy one of his rifles.

Very nice! I just got the call this morning, mine is on the way!!! Don't forget to post the range report...

Thnaks guys!! Range report will follow in a week or so.

Why did you go with a 11.25 in the '06 barrel? Do you not want the ability to shoot heavi(ers)?

Nice looking gun BTW.

Talking with Dave at Patriot Arms, I told him that I wanted to shoot mainly 165 grain ammo, but may try 180 grain ammo. He recommended the 1-11.25 twist - said it would cover either load of ammo, so I went with it.

This rifle will be a "set it and forget it" type of hunting rifle. I will zero at 100 yds and leave it there. I will mostly hunt whitetails with it here in my home state of Pennsylvania and sometinmes down in West Virginia.

This rifle's big brother (.300 Win Mag) built by Patriot Arms also, is my long range hunting rifle. Here it is:

jeffspictures005.jpg

Buckey, I messaged you about the build. This is exactly what I have been talking with Dennis Brush about here in Washington. I have a rem 30.06 action which is my favorite hunting rifle.

MHill,

I returned your PM - hope it helps!!

Jeff

Buckey, is warmer weather coming your way? It was 75 degress here today. Time for a range report!

Range report will follow shortly!!

My Badger base had to be modified for my S&B Zenith to fit on the rifle. The front bell of the scope was hitting the "extension" of the Badger base.

I sent the base back down to Dave at Patriot Arms to have him cut-off the extension and machine the front end of the base. I should have it back by the end of next week.

SHOOT IT NOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWW (My ARNOLD Schwarzenegger impersonation)

Nice looking rifle, Post some group pics after you shoot it.

Buckey, I appreciate you sharing information on the build. Dennis Brush here in Washington is in the process of my build as we speak. I'll share the specs when I pick it up.

Jered certainly builds some nice ones!

Both builds look great....and I'm sure the range report won't disappoint.

those are nice looking rifles did you supply the actions?

Nice huntin rigs......Not just safe queens. I like it..SmokeRolls

barenger,

Yes, I supplied the actions.

Definetly no safe queens - these dogs will hunt.

I apologize, no range report on the 30-06. Just havent't had time to really see what it can do. My first range session with it impressed me - I only had a box of Fed Premium Sierra GameKings and the rifle shot under 1/2".

Man, that's a great rifle! I love the old 30-06 it was the first cal rifle that I bought of my own. Mine wasn`t near as nice.