• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes IT'S HERE!! Premier 3-15 Double Turn

jasonk

Very Snipery
Minuteman
Feb 23, 2007
Vancouver, Washington
Well....here it is. I'm told it's the first publicly released one in the WORLD
smile.gif

First impression: Crap this thing is heavy, built like a tank heavy, heavy like if someone busts through my office door I'll not hesitate to beat them with it.

Second Impression: Pretty damn cool!! Been turning the knobs, big clunk on every mil to let you know when you've gone 1 mil. Clicks are good, I look forward to tinkering with the latch on top to see how changing it will change the click feel, really glad that it's the 15 mil knob though I've never tried the 22 mil one. It's one beefy scope for sure, everything is supersized. I look forward to getting it mounted and comparing side by side with the S&B 4-16 I've got.

I'm busy at work, sorry I can't do more comparison for you right now and it's raining raining raining....might get it to the range Friday if there's a break in the weather.

Here's a few pics....just to prove it's real. Oh...and I've got the 5-25 Falcon Menace here to try too (I need to make it to the range!)

30ihwjn.jpg

dfvl9c.jpg

Re: IT'S HERE!! Premier 3-15 Double Turn

Nice Thanks for sharing the photos. Reticle shot? plz

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Clicks are good, I look forward to tinkering with the latch on top to see how changing it will change the click feel, ...</div></div>
Don't. The LeverLock has nothing to do with the click feel. Playing with it will do nothing to change the feel of the clicks, and it has to be tight anyway in order for the adjustments to work properly.

Enjoy your new scope!
smile.gif

The amount of goop grease on the o-rings can make a difference, though.

Damn, I’m jealous.
I have one ordered from Scott also, I cant wait until it gets here.

Mine should be here April 7th! I can't wait.. darn UPS taking so long to ship from Cali......

Looks really nice Jason. I like the DT knob alot.

Veru nice scope J,lucky dude!

Were you guys contacted by Scott? I have one coming in from him but have not heard anything.

Just emailed him though.

I sure like mine. As soon as comp stuff is done i will be sending it in for a double turn. We got a bunch of 34 rings in today so if you have some on order with your new scope Scott will be getting them shortly.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: heatseekins</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We got a bunch of 34 rings in today. </div></div>

ABOUT TIME!!! I ordered my 5th and 6th pairs in the first week of November!!! I have had to buy two pairs of "other" rings in the meantime!! I'm glad business is good Glen--your gear is worth the wait, but I never thought I'd get two custom builds done before my rings showed up.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 19Scout77</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: heatseekins</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We got a bunch of 34 rings in today. </div></div>

ABOUT TIME!!! I ordered my 5th and 6th pairs in the first week of November!!! I have had to buy two pairs of "other" rings in the meantime!! I'm glad business is good Glen--your gear is worth the wait, but I never thought I'd get two custom builds done before my rings showed up. </div></div>

If you ordered your 5th and 6th pair of 34mm rings, me thinks you got something else nice in the stable you can shoot while you wait....
grin.gif

Hey J- I only need 4 pairs, two of the others have since been sold (30mm) and the other 2 are 34 low---I need 34 high!!

Actually, at the moment I have one rifle and 3 scopes and a fourth on the way. 2 new builds should be here next week and the 4th whenever my smith gets around to it!! My glass is VERY lonely.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 19Scout77</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Actually, at the moment I have one rifle and 3 scopes and a fourth on the way. 2 new builds should be here next week and the 4th whenever my smith gets around to it!! My glass is VERY lonely.</div></div>

I've got something that can keep it warm at night, if that's your concern. Just send it on over.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 19Scout77</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My glass is VERY lonely. </div></div>

I adopt wayward glass....

Good news glen-will be watching the mail!! barry

I am very interested in this scope as well. Would any of you guys mind posting a photo of either of the reticles on a target at "distance" ?

Thanks,

George

Nice ,I cant wait for the 5 x 25 x 56 to come out

Hey Jason if you feel inclinded to sell this scope. Ill buy it from you right now
smile.gif
seriously..... I will

These are great scopes! I need one for my 338LM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kyshooter338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">These are great scopes! I need one for my 338LM </div></div>
Good match, the Heritage feels right at home on the big sticks!
wink.gif

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qJr7Yd0Nrm4"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qJr7Yd0Nrm4" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Alright Jason its been 24hrs since friday whats the report with pics please.Being the first you have a moral responsibility to provide this information in a timely manor.

I had concerns about Jason's lack of posting so I called him. He just hasn't had a chance to work the scope out yet.

I'm confident the scope will be quite satisfying to every enduser.

Scott

Well guys, Jasonk's optic is headed to the range tomorrow... on my rig!
laugh.gif

I was talking with Jason about what he liked and disliked about the Heritage, and he basically said... hell, if you want to give it a whirl just say the word and I'll have it on the way. Just cover shipping both ways.

I've met handful of great dudes here on the hide, and JK is definitely one of them. Not many people would mail out a $2k optic to someone they've never even officially met. J knows I'm a staunch S&B fan, so he really wanted to know what I thought of the Premier.

Anyway, it's mounted up and headed to the range first thing in the morning. Zero at 100yds on paper, then hopefully we can stretch out the legs a bit to at least 1000yds on steel.

The rig is a suppressed Surgeon XL Remedy .338LM.

Big thanks to Jason K!

Web_RD_2349.jpg

Web_RD_2354.jpg

The worst part is....it looks better on your rifle than mine
laugh.gif

Have fun and take good care of her!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: livetohunt</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So what do you think so far?????? </div></div>

Well, about the only thing I've learned so far is that on a heavy barreled rig like this, in Seekins LOW rings, the objective cap will not clear. So it had to be removed.

The glass looks great, edge to edge. The clicks are spaced closely, but feel pretty good. I like the heavier click at every 1.0mil. The GenII reticle subtends less than I originally thought it would. I thought it would be too thick, to the point of being a hindrance even... it's definitely not. Not much else I can say until I get some time behind it tomorrow and Sunday.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LibertyOptics</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My gosh that's a beautiful rifle!!
laugh.gif

Looks like an "all business" rig!!! </div></div>

Less posting, more shipping

:p

Nic

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You're sending it back with the rifle still attached.....aren't you? </div></div>

You bet J! I said I owed ya one?
laugh.gif

If I do send it with the rifle attached... do I still have to cover return shipping???

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LibertyOptics</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My gosh that's a beautiful rifle!!
laugh.gif

Looks like an "all business" rig!!! </div></div>

Thanks Scott. You might be gettin a call from me soon
laugh.gif
We're going to shoot it side by side with a PMII and USO tomorrow.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VTi</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> We're going to shoot it side by side with a PMII and USO tomorrow. </div></div>

Right on!! We love field data.

Scott

I'm (im)patiently waiting on my Heritage, so I definitely can't wait to hear more field reports for users.

or you could just send me the scope, rifle, and ammo and I'll be happy to report back
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VTi</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You're sending it back with the rifle still attached.....aren't you? </div></div>

laugh.gif

If I do send it with the rifle attached... do I still have to cover return shipping??? </div></div>

Fair enough....you don't even have to ship it back, I'd drive to WY to pickup that package!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Luvman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm (im)patiently waiting on my Heritage, so I definitely can't wait to hear more field reports for users.

or you could just send me the scope, rifle, and ammo and I'll be happy to report back
grin.gif
</div></div>

Scope and rifle will be no problem, but I'm not sure there will be much ammo left. I just finished loading up 60 more rounds to make sure I don't run short, as I'm sure Jason won't let me keep this optic forever
laugh.gif

Web_RD_2355.jpg

If anyone's interested in the load data:

.338LM
300gr SMK
96.0gr Retumbo
CCI 250 Mag Primer
3.620" Cart. OAL
New Brass
Avg velocity 2927fps. This is avg of just 10 chrono'd rounds last time out. Seems fast, but only a slight ejector mark, and no other signs of pressure at all. Elevation is 6500'asl.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VTi</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You're sending it back with the rifle still attached.....aren't you? </div></div>

laugh.gif

If I do send it with the rifle attached... do I still have to cover return shipping??? </div></div>

Fair enough....you don't even have to ship it back, I'd drive to WY to pickup that package! </div></div>

You might want to schedule in an Elk hunt while you're here
laugh.gif

So one thing I would love to see confirmed with the field data is Heritage's FOV. Premier is claiming 12.4m to 2.6m at a 100 meter distance which is a huge improvement over the competition! S&B's 3-12x50 has verified 10.2m-3.1m while the USO SN3 3.2-17x44 has verified 7.7m-2.5m of range. This alone would make this scope the one to look for!

Any chance you can check this out? Perhaps a long measuring tape should accommodate you to the range! ;>

On scopes with a variation of the GenII reticle it is real easy to determine the field of view, you just have to count the additional 5 MIL or 2.5 MIL hash marks all the way to the edge of the FOV at any particular magnification setting and estimate the balance. It is as easy as milling a target. I see more like 12.6m on low power in the 3-15x.
smile.gif

Good point David.... I forgot about that.... ;>