• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

It's no longer a confirmation bias

308pirate

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Apr 25, 2017

Straight from the inside:
    there are reasonable people in journalism... the issue is they are few in number.... the balance are crazed with group think from the left side of hell... the product of decades long rot from the inside of journalism schools such as Northwestern University and other elite universities... it shows a crack in their ranks and it is good to see...

The corporate masters are driving this heard. Every now and then a few head run astray.

Bari Weiss's resignation letter from the NY Times is a must-read:

Also note that Rupert Murdoch's son resigned from the News Corp board over "editorial differences":

Matt Taibbi had some scathing comments for the media after Russiagate came crashing down, and one of his latest articles more than tangentially touches on this topic:

The problem is that there is a strong business case to make for confirming biases, as evidenced by the ratings of various Fox and MSNBC shows (see also the way that these ratings are reported on by the competition and various third parties). Bragging about or dissing the popularity of a commodity product like pickup trucks, phones, firearms, etc. as a mechanism to define in-groups and out-groups is merely annoying; turning news into a product and then bragging about its popularity is destructive to our republic.

We'll get what we deserve.

Reactions: Limedust and lash
    ----------
    A very capable senior producer once said: 'Our viewers don’t really consider us the news. They come to us for comfort,'
    ----------

And THAT right there, is the difference between normies and conservatives. These normies may not be militant leftists, but they sure are helpless and scared sheep always looking for someone to "comfort" and "reasure" them, no matter who it is. It is like the old Chinese insult "you nai jiu shi niang" ... "one who thinks anybody with milk is his mother".

"Comfort"? "Reassurance"? Nah, fuck that, man. I want to see results. I don't care about comfort or platitudes insisting "everything will be okay" or similar crap. I only care about solutions and seeing problems being solved.

This is the reason why militant leftists are able to get so many fucking latte-drinking normies to support their causes. The normies only care about someone telling them things will be all right. They don't fucking think or investigate further motives of those who are offering them free shit.

News is just entertainment at this point.

I always wondered why media always focus on negative. Murder, chaos and mayhem. While these things happen and bad people exist, why is this stuff 99% of news? It certainly isnt the majority of daily human interactions. Human morbid curiousity? Much more good happen in the world than bad, yet here we are. Is it really that we (people) are not interested in good news? Or are we just fed a constants stream of negativity from the MSM? Why? Control, money, power....yes. Fear, the basis control mechanism. Sad.

And there aint shit wrong with kansas :)

images

Its really an information war. To control what people think and feel. Like herding sheep.

The illusory truth effect (also known as the illusion of truth effect, validity effect, truth effect, or the reiteration effect) is the tendency to believe false information to be correct after repeated exposure.[1] This phenomenon was first identified in a 1977 study at Villanova University and Temple University.[2][3] When truth is assessed, people rely on whether the information is in line with their understanding or if it feels familiar. The first condition is logical, as people compare new information with what they already know to be true. Repetition makes statements easier to process relative to new, unrepeated statements, leading people to believe that the repeated conclusion is more truthful. The illusory truth effect has also been linked to hindsight bias, in which the recollection of confidence is skewed after the truth has been received.

In a 2015 study, researchers discovered that familiarity can overpower rationality and that repetitively hearing that a certain fact is wrong can affect the hearer's beliefs.[4] Researchers attributed the illusory truth effect's impact on participants who knew the correct answer to begin with, but were persuaded to believe otherwise through the repetition of a falsehood, to "processing fluency".

The illusory truth effect plays a significant role in such fields as election campaigns, advertising, news media, and political propaganda.

From wiki https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Illusory_truth_effect

Last edited:
    Reactions: splean

I always wondered why media always focus on negative. Murder, chaos and mayhem. While these things happen and bad people exist, why is this stuff 99% of news?

Because I need to watch things die from a good safe distance:

The "why" is beyond my understanding of human psychology, but it's obvious that fear and tragedy sells ad spots - and that's all which matters.

Corporate media is toxic. I don't think it should be banned, but there needs to be a countermeasure (getting out into the real world and interacting with fellow human beings is a good starting point).

its more insidious. the quantum field makes that which is believed become true. the media is causing their message to be believed turning lies into the new reality because unbelievers are easy to program and highjack their magick into the field without knowing their collusion with the evil.

msdnc headline:

"trump causes another respected producer to quit!"

its more insidious. the quantum field makes that which is believed become true. the media is causing their message to be believed turning lies into the new reality because unbelievers are easy to program and highjack their magick into the field without knowing their collusion with the evil.

There is likely some truth to this. The quantum analogy... IDK, that gets into perception and observation shapes reality type stuff...just more to obscure faith in God IYAM, but...

Because I need to watch things die from a good safe distance:

The "why" is beyond my understanding of human psychology, but it's obvious that fear and tragedy sells ad spots - and that's all which matters.

Corporate media is toxic. I don't think it should be banned, but there needs to be a countermeasure (getting out into the real world and interacting with fellow human beings is a good starting point).

Agree, but it seems far too convenient IMO. That its just human nature, maybe. Humans have an extremely violent history.

IDK if there is something more devious. But you would think people would "stop and think", by now,....you know?

I always wondered why media always focus on negative. Murder, chaos and mayhem. While these things happen and bad people exist, why is this stuff 99% of news? It certainly isnt the majority of daily human interactions. Human morbid curiousity? Much more good happen in the world than bad, yet here we are. Is it really that we (people) are not interested in good news? Or are we just fed a constants stream of negativity from the MSM? Why? Control, money, power....yes. Fear, the basis control mechanism. Sad.

And there aint shit wrong with kansas :)

images
    I love that state!