• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

It's Nuclear Powered!

dirkreader

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 23, 2004
Texas
You can tell by the Plutonium glowing in the back. Anyway, here is the Ripper loading on my new Prometheus that I picked up over the weekend. It works flawlessly and he loaded 114 rounds in 49 minutes. And according to Bolt he even took two pee breaks.

This machine is amazing. It is twice as fast as my old model and more accurate to boot.

P1010011.jpg

Re: It's Nuclear Powered!

Just spoke to the inventor and he was dissapointed that we only did 114 rounds in 49 minutes. He felt the output should have been 30% more.

No more pee breaks for Bolt.

Chad, it is more accurate than that. .02 is approximatley 1 kernal. We can discern 1/4 kernal on this. Call me and you can come over and play with it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Scooty Puff Sr.</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Chad, it is more accurate than that. .02 is approximatley 1 kernal. We can discern 1/4 kernal on this. Call me and you can come over and play with it. </div></div>

The question is... can you tell a difference a) on the chronograph (with statistically significant sample sizes (n>30) or b) on the target (again, multiple decent sized strings to demonstrate that any one group isn't a fluke)?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: memilanuk</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Scooty Puff Sr.</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Chad, it is more accurate than that. .02 is approximatley 1 kernal. We can discern 1/4 kernal on this. Call me and you can come over and play with it. </div></div>

The question is... can you tell a difference a) on the chronograph (with statistically significant sample sizes (n>30) or b) on the target (again, multiple decent sized strings to demonstrate that any one group isn't a fluke)? </div></div>

Honestly, when you get to within a few kernels of powder (.05 grains), not much!

I thought that face looked familar. 114 in 49min, Damn man, thats moving right along.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ChadTRG42</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ok, so tell me how long it takes to throw a powder charge of, say 45 grains? If it's under 15 or 20 seconds, you have my attention!!
</div></div>

the fastest is under 10 and the average is about 14-15 seconds.

Must be a Texas thing if you dont have one then you are a outcast!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NOMAD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Must be a Texas thing if you dont have one then you are a outcast!!! </div></div>

Well your cooll enough we will make you an honorary member of our outfit...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: memilanuk</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Scooty Puff Sr.</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Chad, it is more accurate than that. .02 is approximatley 1 kernal. We can discern 1/4 kernal on this. Call me and you can come over and play with it. </div></div>

The question is... can you tell a difference a) on the chronograph (with statistically significant sample sizes (n>30) or b) on the target (again, multiple decent sized strings to demonstrate that any one group isn't a fluke)? </div></div>

the answer is yes....folks that can drive a rifle with good ammo consistently win....it what the prometheous is all about

Now the real question is "do I have to sell a kidney to buy one of those?"

Also, since I am asking the questions, Is its accurate measurement easily affected by external factors, such as wind, temperature, cell phone and such?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DesertHK</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Also, since I am asking the questions, Is its accurate measurement easily affected by external factors, such as wind, temperature, cell phone and such?</div></div>

no......

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BOLTRIPPER</div><div class="ubbcode-body">you should have heard the theme music..............</div></div>

Take some video of the whole loading process, edit it to play faster and dub in the "Benny Hill" theme song....No I hae no idea what goes on in my head, its probably similar to what I just described.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BOLTRIPPER</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: memilanuk</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Scooty Puff Sr.</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Chad, it is more accurate than that. .02 is approximatley 1 kernal. We can discern 1/4 kernal on this. Call me and you can come over and play with it. </div></div>

the answer is yes....folks that can drive a rifle with good ammo consistently win....it what the prometheous is all about </div></div>

Ah... still waiting for actual 'proof', not anecdotal evidence i.e. take known good load, shoot it thru known good gun, sample 'A' weighed with a regular loading scale, sample 'B' loaded with a milligram scale (like an AccuLab), and sample 'C' loaded with the Prometheus. Whatever sample size required to do a T-test with sufficient power to give a reasonable guarantee (95% or better) that the difference wasn't simply due to chance.

Folks that can drive a rifle with good ammo consistently win despite not using a Prometheus - partly due to they tend to just be better shooters, particularly on that given day.

I'm not saying they don't work; I'm not saying they don't help. Hell, I'd like to have one myself, if I wasn't so tapped out for other stuff already. I'm just saying 'Show me', hard proof, in numbers, that being able to resolve your load to the 1/4 kernel of powder makes a measurable difference. I've loaded an awful lot of ammo on a milligram scale over the last couple years, and I can't say for 100% certain that it makes a meaningful difference... and I'd like to think I do a decent job of pulling the trigger (though there are certainly far better shooters out there). I'm getting more and more convinced that if I *have* to weigh out a load to the milligram level... maybe I need to put a little more time-n-energy into tuning the load so it's not so damn fussy.

YMMV,

Monte

actual proof......is in the winner circle

instead of being wrapped around the axle with making GOOD ammo utilizing the traditional methods of the balance beam scales...this patented machine gains you consistent accuracy repetitively.....way faster......way faster....your mileage may vary , but mine won't because i know exactly whats in the first loaded round to the last loaded round....and if i do my part, you'll see me at the front of the line.......

Ah, I see. So you're telling me this gizmo is all thats standing between me and 1st F/TR @ the next FCNC?

You a funny guy
wink.gif

To each their own. It's a good tool, I'm sure.

D Tubb didnt start shooting word record groups tell he got the 1st gen unit's. The new one is better and faster I can't wait to get my new one .

All these North Texas guys are holding out on the rest of us damn it! What is Brand's phone number, so can call him and get a price/availability?

And Scott, what is that thing on your chin? It looks like a tribble LOL.

Damn you guys, damn you all to hell
laugh.gif

Very nice!

Call me crazy but something just aint right about smokin a stogey while reloading gun powder. Reminds me of an episode of The Roadrunner!

I know it aint lit. Just funnin ya.

Damn, I though you just dunked it in a tub of varget and tipped out enough to fit the bullet in.

I'm just curious what kind of man needs two peepee breaks in 49 minutes? Might be time to get the old one-eye poked by the doc!

Scooty,

Any chance you can take some pics of that trickler, especially the inside of it?

Les

“All models of Prometheus units are a prohibited technology and can not be exported beyond the boundaries of Texas unless sold as mutilated scrap.” PM me and I can direct you to an approved site for destruction.

I have some pics of me and my Prometheus at Six Flags together.. some others at the drive in theater.

I'll put them up in the hot girlfriends thread.

The main advantage of the Prometheus II to me isn't the extreme accuracy, but rather the reduction in time, tedium and fatigue of reloading 100s of rounds of ammunition. The YouTube video of P II in action shows how little effort is needed, once the machine has been set up for the correct powder mass.

Currently I can measure Varget mass to within a single kernel with my Denver scale and tweezers, but I hate putting in the time it takes to do it. So, I have a P II on order with Brand and expect to see it sometime this summer.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Strickland</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Scooty,

Any chance you can take some pics of that trickler, especially the inside of it?

Les </div></div>
Brand would have a cow because a lot of the development effort focused on that part. If you acquire a P-II, there are limits as to what you can do with it so that Brand will be able protect the intellectual property and control the commercial uses.

Make sure you mark it to prove it is yours. That is the Military Police Regimental Association. It is beyond sniperiffic. It is MPtastic.

P1000063.jpg

MY GOD
Move to china and you could have a person load rounds for the rest of your like for that price.
SWEET JESUS thats a lot of Cabbage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can someone explain the process on how these things work?

I've read the articles and tried the mfgr's website (all I get is some weird game site) but nothing explains how it works.

How does it work?
How do you adjust it?
Whats the process for throwing a charge?

Thanks

Chris S, it's a clever invention and I presume Brand has applied for a patent. The Prometheus II's loading process begins with a standard RCBS powder dispenser throwing an initial powder charge onto a balance-beam scale. The scale is designed to dampen quickly, but also to respond to small changes in mass - I think this is one of Brand's innovative features. A unique, electrically driven powder trickler adds single grains of powder to the scale - this is another innovative technology. A lamp and lens system illuminates the scale's balance indicator arm from the rear, projecting a shadow of the arm and the zero fiducial onto the screen.

The operator uses the sliding weight (coarse adjustment) and a smaller weight on a threaded screw (fine adjustment) to set the desired powder mass. I believe you have to adjust the RCBS dispenser to throw a slightly lower amount of powder, then use the trickler to bring the mass up to the desired final amount. The trickler adds a kernel of extruded powder at a time and, I think, has two speeds, slowing down when it gets close. There is a shutoff button on top which the operator pushes when the projected image shows a balance condition. You can add single kernels by pushing and releasing the button again and again. Then the powder is dumped from the scale pan into the funnel at the bottom and into a cartridge case or powder pan. Prometheus II requires extruded powders.

YouTube video of the Prometheus II in operation

I'll have video of the operations up on my website within the week.

One-Eye,

You are spot on about the Prometheus 2. In addition to incredible precision and accuracy, the Prometheus is really about maximizing reloading time.

It is expensive and well worth the money and wait.

Brand is an extremely brilliant engineer. Get him talking about density altitude and you'll be a better shooter for it.

what is Brand Cole's contact info (website, phone number and/or email) for purchasing one of these? How much do they cost?

Ranger,
Not sure if this helps or if its even accurate, but you can give it a shot.
Brand Cole, [email protected]
Telephone: (425) 239-9100

Located over in Arlington Washington

I think the previous ones were $1175. Someone earlier posted this gen would be $1300 and saw one post in another thread claiming $2500. Again just what I've seen posted here, and not claiming to know anything for sure.