• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

It's starting: Liberal governors defying the President

Dunraven

Major Hide Member
Minuteman
Feb 1, 2019
My pencil-necked Wisconsin 'governor' today just announced an extension of his stay-home decree for another month. This, despite Wisconsin having relatively few cases. Their argument is: Republicans don't care about people, all they care about is the stock market; and that we can't truly get back to 'normal' until we have that (magic) vaccine(remember: we still don't have a vaccine for HIV). Have to give them credit, it's going to be hard to counter that, no matter how many facts you have. The strategy is to drag the economy as far down as it will go, for as long as they can, hoping it will drag the President down with it, and 'sleepy Joe' can emerge as a viable alternative. By that time, there might be enough mail-in ballots to steal another election.

Well at least that way the Democrats will have to take the blame for murdering the economy of their state....
Oh wait... they will still try to blame that on Trump.

Well stupid Sheeple love voting in their communist overlords, let's see how they like starving just like real communists......

From what current research is saying, the "Vaccine" for the Wuhan virus is going to be about as effective as the yearly boring flu shot. Basically a flip of a coin as to if it will do anything against whatever mutation is out for that season.

But expect even more heavy handed government intrusion and utter destruction of all liberties.

If Trump says let’s get started tonight..,the Govs that “resist” may just Cause folks set the State Capital on fire. I can see the protest signs “give us Liberty or give you death” That would give the Left a good excuse to Hammer the peeps.

My question;
Will Trump step in and catch that hammer? I hope so.

Millions upon millions of Americans are at work every day already. Much of what was shut down could have stayed running, but "out of an abundance of caution" has killed the entire economy. The rest can continue work from home if possible and productive for their industry, I actually believe that's a good thing for a slow roll forward, but to be a decision by the companies and not just the government.

Shit, I hope the government continues to work from home, it would benefit us all if they did even less than they already did.

Except snow plows, those guys need to get the fuck to work.

Unless the President issues a National State of Emergency or issues Marshall Law, each governor has the right to run his state the way he sees fit. plain and simple.
10th amendment
Trump declared National Emergency on March 13. AFAIK, that's still in effect.

Unless the President issues a National State of Emergency or issues Marshall Law, each governor has the right to run his state the way he sees fit. plain and simple.
10th amendment
I thought they were still required to comply with the Constitution? BTW the President Issued a National State of Emergency. That is how the Defense Production Act was activated.

The reason they didnt shutdown the liquor stores..
Smoke shops here in ME were deemed "non-essential"; whereas if said smoke shop sold liquor, they did not have to shut down. Reason being, at least as told to me by a smoke shop owner; nicotine is a choice, alcoholics would suffer withdrawal and such. What fucking horseshit. I'm 2+ years dry now, and a former smoker to boot, and I wouldve killed for my smokes LONG before the scotch..... not saying the single malts weren't worth the risk either though... ?

Reactions: 10ring'r
He refuses to invoke that power and those 100 or so abilities that a National emergency gives him.
Until he does that, each governor is in charge of his state.

And even if he does that, each state can resist and file lawsuits. And we all know how that will work out ???

People are starting to get tired of this drawn out bullshit. They see that all the gloom and doom has not come to pass. Hospitals are not even close to full. People are not dying in the streets by the thousands.

Maybe this is what it will take to wake up the sheeple of this country. No state has enough police to contain thousands and thousands of angry mobs. It would not be the worst thing that could happen to be honest. Remind these despicable politicians who they work for.

The feds force states to comply to their will all the time with funding......or threatening cutting off funding. If a governor is stomping on constitutional rights I am all for the president doing everything necessary to rectify.

Reactions: 308pirate
Smoke shops here in ME were deemed "non-essential"; whereas if said smoke shop sold liquor, they did not have to shut down. Reason being, at least as told to me by a smoke shop owner; nicotine is a choice, alcoholics would suffer withdrawal and such. What fucking horseshit. I'm 2+ years dry now, and a former smoker to boot, and I wouldve killed for my smokes LONG before the scotch..... not saying the single malts weren't worth the risk either though... ?
Alcohol withdrawal can actually kill you, unlike nicotine. I'm guessing that's what he was trying to convey.

And full proof it wasn't the emergency they made it out to be.

#SafeAtWorkIsStillSafe

Exactly. And though it's been said before it still tickles me that the government has essentially declared that public education is non-essential but gun and liquor stores are. This thing is look looking more and more like a farce each day but you won't see these tiny dictators give up their new found power easily.

What comes first? Chicken or egg?

A lot of States that locked own early and hard have a minimal amount of death and pandemic. So now the residents want to say "Hey fuck you! We don't have pandemic so lets open it up!"
And then they open it up and Wham-O it's like Iowa who thought it was no big deal and they didn't shut it down and now people are sick and plants are being shut down because of massive infection rates. Even my MIL in little town Iowa has people across the street sick like she has never believed.

What comes first? Many counties relatively untouched because they locked down early are thinking about opening up because, well hell, this ain't so bad!

Remember 1918. People opened up early and then they died in droves.

Which comes first?

VooDoo

All the demoncratic governors can STFU and go to hell. They are overreaching their boundaries and Michiganders are starting to stand up for their rights, which is awesome!! No one's gonna do it in L.A. But I'll be moving out of this overrated and overpriced state stat!

Reactions: Lesch and 10ring'r
What comes first? Chicken or egg?

A lot of States that locked own early and hard have a minimal amount of death and pandemic. So now the residents want to say "Hey fuck you! We don't have pandemic so lets open it up!"
And then they open it up and Wham-O it's like Iowa who thought it was no big deal and they didn't shut it down and now people are sick and plants are being shut down because of massive infection rates. Even my MIL in little town Iowa has people across the street sick like she has never believed.

What comes first? Many counties relatively untouched because they locked down early are thinking about opening up because, well hell, this ain't so bad!

Remember 1918. People opened up early and then they died in droves.

Which comes first?

VooDoo
Covid 19 does not kill the healthy at a very high rate at all. Finally the “experts” and politicians are saying that now. Facts are a bitch.

Wait...whoa...we have experts? First I'm hearing of this....?

Covid 19 does not kill the healthy at a very high rate at all. Finally the “experts” and politicians are saying that now. Facts are a bitch.
Hate facts. My favorite term of all time.

Trump can use the leftist favorite to get the shitty blue state governors back to work with the interstate commerce clause.