• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

I've Always Loved Trains And Now...

Looks like a fine upstanding Lad. I'm sure he was just "turning his life around" too.

Fatal train vs pedestrian wrecks always remind me of a call I went to as a new cop back in the mid 1970's. Local asswhipe who was high on drugs was run over by an Amtrak train early one summer morning while walking along the tracks. We get done picking up the pieces/parts and as we are about to clear the scene Johnny Cash comes on the AM... "I hear that train a comin'....Comin' down them rails". I looked at my Training Officer trying to hold back the laughs but he beat me to it. We laughed for a solid minute.

Was hoping for some real footage...

"Webster, who tried to pass between two cars as the train was moving"

Sounds like a little Darwinism was at play. All is well that ends well.

Don't be surprised when the perp's family sues the railroad for wrongful death and gets paid. As an ex-railroad employee I have seen it happen. I got sued once for helping move dead bodies to the ambulance at a train-car collision. Nothing came of the lawsuit, but there are enough slime ball lawyers that will crawl out from under a rock to make a buck

<chuckle> Some stories do have a happy ending..."Karma; she's a bitch, ain't she?" :)

Now they just need to figure out what sort of kill decal to award the engineer.

Last edited: