• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos I've been busy

DIBBS

Old Mountain Man-Tired occasionally Grumpy SOB
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Aug 21, 2008
    WARSHington State
    On the fireline in Eastern WA.

The west is a mess in this regard, critical firefighting resources in short supply or tapped out. Hope the air tankers don't run short on fuel.
    Unless there's a substantial break in the weather, likely gonna be like this till...
    October?
    20210722_162109.jpg
    Resized9520210720951915349504.jpg
    Resized952021072095190523.jpg

Last edited:
    You would think with all the fires on the west cost the last few years they would up the funding for fire fightes.

Kick that fires ass

Reactions: DIBBS
    Northern MN isnt on fire... yet, but it's a dry tinderbox. But the smoke is thick from the fires out west and in Canada that it's like a foggy day and smells like a campfire. I can't even imagine how big those fires are out there that it makes it that smokey all of the way to MN. Be careful and good luck. Thanks for doing all you can!

There is a 30% chance that we may get some moisture Sun-Mon. The problem with that after hot temperatures is potential thunderstorms. @Spock sincerely hope that your fire gets more resources and air support.

I had 11- 20 person crews ordered for our incident and eventually got 2, but it took several days. No mid management available.

One of the air tanker refill bases close by (Coeur d'Alene ) ran out of fuel so they had to divert the air tankers to another base for fuel.

Last edited:
    Im of the concern some of our resident communists are setting this shit.

Sure bad management by tree huggers is part of the problem but it seems that someone is of the belief, same as our WWII enemies, that a good way to hurt USA is to make its natural resources ash.

What they said above, be careful, stay safe, and go on home to momma when your done. Thanks for your work.