• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

I've been reduced to this...

slowworm

Low speed, High Drag
Minuteman
Oct 21, 2004
New Hampshire
So I was priming some brass today. I fumbled the primer tray dumping my primers on the bench. Some fell on the floor.

I spent 15 minutes on my hands and knees with a flashlight looking for 3 primers. 3 frikken primers. All because I couldn't bear the thought of pulling another tray of 100 precious, near irreplaceable small rifle primers from my closely guarded stash.

I did manage to find the missing three primers.

Afterwards I came upstairs and was thinking, what the hell is going on that crawling round the floor for a few cents worth of primers seems entirely rational to me?

Anyone else starting to show weird symptoms like this?

I just remembered there are a few live ones in here. Accidentally got dropped in a long time ago. I may have to go digging! 👀😂
IMG_20210116_172520677.jpg

Ranger handbook . Strike anywear matches (the white part ) can be used to make primers .

when i lived "in the hood", i suspected my neighbor was doing crack.
i threw some rock salt on his porch and stepped on it.
sure enough, he couldn't help but get on his knees and check it out.

Better to pick them up anyways. Ever rolled over a primer just right in a chair with casters? HELLO!
Been there done that. Also spilled some in the carpet as a kid helping my dad reload and got my ass beat by my mom after she vacuum'ed them up and they were going off in her Hoover. Scared her almost to death.

So I was priming some brass today. I fumbled the primer tray dumping my primers on the bench. Some fell on the floor.

I spent 15 minutes on my hands and knees with a flashlight looking for 3 primers. 3 frikken primers. All because I couldn't bear the thought of pulling another tray of 100 precious, near irreplaceable small rifle primers from my closely guarded stash.

Afterwards I came upstairs and was thinking, what the hell is going on that crawling round the floor for a few cents worth of primers seems entirely rational to me?

I’ve gone to pulling M855 bullets and replacing them with match bullets. Makes pretty good practice ammo and doesn’t use any of my reloading stash. Can probably sell the bullets for what I paid for the loaded cartridges...

Ditto here a few weeks ago... Found all but one. And that one is driving me crazy!

wait till we all are trying to reload our old primers people cooking up bullets from melted lead they stole just to fire off a round or two . and to think people thought the 80's were bad with crack heads staling power lines just to sell the copper I need that copper to make bullets . 😜

Found a $50 bill laying under some clothes on the dresser last week. I’m not going to lie, I kind of wish it had been 1/2 a brick of primers...

When we moved to this house 8 years ago, we were packing up the old house. In a sock drawer I found an envelope with 10, $100 bills. I nest away cash money but I honestly don't remember EVER putting that money in that drawer.

Last edited:
Reactions: Alphatreedog
When we move to this house 8 years ago, we were packing up the old house. In a sock drawer I found an envelope with 10, $100 bills. I nest away cash money but I honestly don't remember EVER putting that money in that drawer.
When Alzheimer’s gets you, your kids will have the best Easter egg hunt, ever...

Earlier today, on my hands and knees, I was thinking about how many primers I've dropped on the floor and didn't even bother to bend over to pick up, just swept them up and through them away. I did giggle a couple of times wondering if the garbage truck trash compressor made popcorn sounds, hehehe......

I accidentally mixed a small amount of RL 15 with H1000 and spent an hour separating fly shit from pepper.

I started reloading back in 2007-2008 when supplies were scarce. I've never left a primer on the floor and I have sorted powder when I accidently mixed some.

This time around I don't even hardly shoot anymore because I can't replenish what I have, and I'm not paying $100 per 1k for primers. I can't find the more obscure and less used powders on the shelf that I have recipes for from back then.

It will only get worse once the next administration is sworn in.

Many years ago I worked for a company that removed old cables from duct lines. Most of them were covered in lead. The company just tossed the cable into a dumpster to be taken to the dump. I pulled out about 100 feet of this cable, cut it into 5 foot pieces and loaded up my truck and drove home. I spent many an evening cutting that lead from the rest of the cable.

I still have about 200 lbs of that lead. Wife always told me I should get rid of it. NOPE.

Who's the smart one now wifey???

PS, I just realized that was almost 40 years ago. WOW, do I feel old now.