• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ive been thinking...... bullet bc

Schw15

Longrange
Minuteman
  • Jul 21, 2019
    Colorado
    Shooting at longer distances I get caught up in all the ballistics and bc numbers but does it really matter. I shoot from 100 yard to 1800 and sometimes 2k. So not extreme but still decent to me. Do we all get wrapped up in the higher bc game? Or is it just me? For example berger 230 g7 .368 or so hornady a-tip g7 .414 a lot of people claim g7 .425 huge difference and numbers.

Seems like hornady has the biggest bc numbers with eldm and even better a-tip.
    Bergers are lower than most but more consistent
    Sierra is a sleeper I think great bc and consistent.

Do we all chase bc?

BC consistency and accuracy at max range over chasing the highest BC for me. Berger over Hornady for me!

Most of the highest BC bullets don't always transition well.

AND stop doing load development at 100 yards ;)

Last edited:
    I do a start up at 100 yards to find a few charges and seating depths then do my final load testing at distance. Usually test at 800ish then take it to 1 mile.

Reactions: BCX
    B.c. Rules. but that is considering stable accurate flight. Some think high bc translates to poor transition. only poor designed bullets suffer from those issues.

Reactions: BCX
    My reference was to a certain high BC solid that is know to not transition well.