• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

I've finished my GAP......well at least for now?

donws2

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 13, 2008
Mountain Rest, South Carolina
GAP Crusader, 308 winchester bought from Billy here on the hide.
Came in the Storm case. Love it, best rifle I've ever owned.

USO SN-3.2-17X in green bought here from Ken on the hide.
All kinds of goodies and upgrades, so happy can't stand it.

Nothing that's not been seen here before but this ones all mine.

DSC00281.jpg

DSC00277.jpg

DSC00285.jpg

DSC00279.jpg

DSC00286.jpg

DSC00290.jpg

A few more pictures here.

http://s631.photobucket.com/albums/uu34/donws2/GAP/

Re: I've finished my GAP......well at least for now?

That's pretty much perfect, I love that pattern.

Sweet!

I freaking LOVE the green anodized scope, so cool.

-Pat

Primo.....cant get it any better than that!!

Have fun!!

Thanks guys, I do love the GAP. I've had her for awhile with a MK4 TMR but I never thought much of the scope. I've wanted the USO in green for just as long as I've had the rifle. Probly why I don't like the Leupold. Thanks to Ken, he cut me a sweet deal on his old scope and I just got her today. Rifle is all good now, well until someone post a picture of something I've got to have for her.

Stan you want to play with her just fly out with my new rest and I'll let you shoot it. Donald

Very nice. Truly a work of art. My compliments. Are you going to bring it tomorrow? Really a nice piece.

Yep I think I am. I've got a couple cases of 118LR and thats what the scope is calibrated for. Need to re-zero now the MK4 is on the Heavy Barrel 40x.

Ya right. I'll seen in your gun safe. Your not hurting for a few good toys, now are you?

Anyway what did you and Billy deside about food before the range? Or are you two going early so you can pick up your Anshutz. Still like to see billy shot an RG or some other piece of shit and beat the old farts with thier hand made stocks and all. It would kill a few of them thou so maybe it's not a good idea. So Lunch? How about an Onion Sandwhich?

very nice..I like the foam cut in the storm case. Did it come that way or did u cut it yourself ?

It's the GAP spec barrel at 22". It's everything George advertises it to be. It will do three shot one hole groups all the time and often it's done five shot one holers. Now that's the gun and ammo not me. I can take a .250 gun and .250 ammo and screw it up for sure.

Here's the current spec at GAP if you haven't seen them. Mine's an older version with the Lawton Action. I'd like a peek at the new Templar. Maybe a Crusader in lets say .260. That would be sweet.

(edit) Sorry had to remove. Not allow to link here.

Thought about putting some lower rings on it?

Those are the rings that were on the MK4. It had a larger objective. I've not desided on which new rings yet? Been watching the shopper but all I've seen so far are talls.

Use what you got until you can get better.

what else can be done - it is perfect - how did it like the LC Special Ball?

Those are just stage props. I was to lazy to dig out any 118LR for the pictures. I shoot the M118 SB in my M1A's. The GAP most likely would eat it up. I've Shot 155 Palma hand loads, M852 and 168 hand loads, 173 hand loads just like M118 and M118LR, Black Hills 175 and my on hand loads and the worst of it is still less the 1 MOA at 100 yards. The rifle does not care what it's fed. Guess I could try the M118 by the new scope is set up for the GAP Crusader and 175's at 2750 so I'm going to see in the Black Hills and M118LR will co-witness to the turrret.

Very nice hardware there sir, yes indeed that is one cool toy. Really like the color and camo pattern. It should work well for hunting in the woods and alittle sand/tan wrap for the desert trips. Shoot straight and keep your powder dry.....

Nice looking set up.congrats!

it looks even better in person. First class rig and a first class guy. Looking forward to doing some more shooting with you guys. jt