• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos I've gotta get to the Range

HillbillyfromAL

Private
Minuteman
Aug 16, 2009
Niceville, FL
Alright guys, here's what I've done to her so far. Stoned the Sear for a nice smooth trigger pull that measures in at 3.5lbs. Recut the crown to a 11degree instead of flat, stoping to get max contact with flash supressor. Tightned up the Gas assembly to eliminate extra play. The mags are painted with the Gunkote Teflon finish in Dark Earth, The Rifle, Scope and stock are in Gunkote in Dark Earth and OD Green. I left the turrets like they were. The scope is a Leupold Mark 4 3.5-10X 40mm with the TMR and the M2 turrets. The mount is the Sadlak Airborne. I built this to be like the one I carried in Iraq for as an SDM. I am saving up for the surefire silencer. Tell me what You guys think, I'm planning on becoming a gunsmith soon. I'll be putting a krieger heavy barrel on it while I'm in school. I wish these were made in .300 win mag though.

Re: I've gotta get to the Range

Thats really cool. Im starting to put one together off a Springfield Loaded M1A that I got from one of the local stores here. Its going in a JAE 100 Gen 2 stock, YHM flash hider, Sadlak airborne scope mount, YHM suppressor is already here. So Im just waiting to get all the parts here....

Did you do all your custom work? Where did you find your info?

Nice looking rig, good luck in school.

what would you charge to put one of those together? or how much do you have into this one?

Yeah I did all the work myself. Don't pay someone to do it if you can do it yourself. You would need a good quality set of allen wrenchs, and the castle nut pliers. Brownells.com is a good place for all of that. To take off the castle nut there is a little bitty allen screw that holds it on under the front sight. I don't think that You'll have to with the JAE but if you do need to remove the gas assembly and oprod guide use some brass drifts, and a small hammer. Just go slow around the op rod guide. You don't want to damage anything. As far as the gunkote you just need to degrease the hell out of the gun, brake kleen works well. Then have a oven that You can put it in. If you use the one in the kitchen the wife'l be pissed. It ain't too hard though. Good luck with your project.

If you provided all the parts I'd put it together for a hundred bucks. It would take some time, but I enjoy the work. Do You live near Colorado Springs? I ain't got my FFL yet so shipping might be a little complicated. You could do all this stuff yourself though. I've got about 4,500 bucks in this one. It's alot of fun to shoot too.