• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ivey RT diving board?

Nygaard

Private
Minuteman
Feb 24, 2007
Denmark
Have been searching the forum and interwebs for a couple of hours now, but surprisingly could not find any on this.

My AI AX is setup for ELR at the moment with a Minox XP5 in a Ivey RTM50.
Now gun mounted LRF's are within reach of mortal people with the Vortex Impact being released, I think it could be a neat option to throw it on the AI.

But Ivey does not seem to offer a dive board for their mounts?
Anyone have a suggestion to get arround this? There is not really any real estate left on the scope for a separate mount.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    439.4 KB · Views: 42
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    453.5 KB · Views: 49
Have been searching the forum and interwebs for a couple of hours now, but surprisingly could not find any on this.

My AI AX is setup for ELR at the moment with a Minox XP5 in a Ivey RTM50.
Now gun mounted LRF's are within reach of mortal people with the Vortex Impact being released, I think it could be a neat option to throw it on the AI.

But Ivey does not seem to offer a dive board for their mounts?
Anyone have a suggestion to get arround this? There is not really any real estate left on the scope for a separate mount.
@Nygaard This is a great question, you might reach out to Stephen Ivey (via his website contact-us). Stephen has been most responsive to me with all my questions/ideas.

Separately, you do seem to have quite a bit of open pic rail space and arca rail space there on your rifle. For what its worth, I have the same issue you described here. I have been experimenting with using a perpendicular arca rail (clamped to my existing arca rail on my rifle forend) to mount my Impact 4000. This way you aren't adding quite a bit of weight to the top of your mounted optic (making it even more top-heavy) and you are adding this weight at the lowest point on the rifle chassis (lowering your center of gravity/helping with some additional stability). By employing this setup you can move/slide your LRF (left to right on the perpendicular arca rail) to find the sweet spot to be able to see around the imposing size of the Ivey mount's adjustment knobs and attachment bolts. Just a thought for you, but this option is working for me so far and I love my Ivey mount.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nygaard