• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

IWA 2009 - world's leading gun show

Re: IWA 2009 - world's leading gun show

Just flew back from the show, had a great time. Met up with Pete Linclon and gang from Roedale and managed to sink a few beers with them.
For now a few pictures from the Roedale stand.
My son and myself checking out the ultra-light heavy barrel??
DSCN0678.jpg

Stand was bloody busy.
DSCN0703.jpg

DSCN0557.jpg

Might drop in a few more pictures once I've sorted em.
edi

New to me anyway are the two hunting scopes built by Leica. One had a bdc on the elevation turret. I wasn't too impressed looking through them.
Picture482.jpg

Picture490.jpg

Schmidt had a new hunting scope the 1" tube Summit, I think it was 2.5-10x42 in second focal plane. Great quality scope, didn't take a picture of it though.
Picture472.jpg

Zeiss's new inovation, a scope getting a signal from the safety of a Blaser rifle which turns on the illumination. wow....
Leupold scopes and Zastava hunting rifles.
Picture460.jpg

Picture596.jpg

Picture595.jpg

edi

I'm just back from the IWA , it 's a nice show , the most important in EU , but nothing to compare with the SHOT .

PP out

P.S.: BTW , I stopped by at Roedale precision booth , good stuff and nice people indeed

Just got back our selves.
The IWA 2009 was a great show, we where realy realy busy, met some good people, had some fun and worked hard.

PIC_0901-1.jpg

the Roedale IWA team. going up in height left to right:
Anke ( my wife)
Geoff (Ex Royal Marine and our new team member)
Tom ( Ex Bundeswehr, my design-construction - web shop and organise it guy)
and me at the back.

PIC_0890-1.jpg

3/4 of the team. (Tom was AWOL on this one)
PIC_0911-1.jpg

top to bottom M14. RH40 J Ultralight. RH40 V. Howa 1500 precision tuned.

PIC_0912-1.jpg

Roedale-Barnard Model 07 C.
PIC_0908-1.jpg

Bottom to top:
.408 Chey Tac on Barnard P Chey action.
RH40 RCS II
Surgeon actioned hunting rifle
RH40 J in 9.3RSM ( with the blaze orange stock)

A big thanks to my team. ( including Victor our Diploma Student, who isn't in the team shots but came along and helped out a lot)
and a big thanks to all the visitors new and old who stopped by our stand.

All the best Pete

Pete, I hope you were run off you feet with orders! Did you get a chance to look around the show, what caught your eye this year?

A question about the RH40 series of rifle, what does the suffix stand for? I know the "T" is for the "MCS-T" stock. What will the designation of my rifle be?

Craig

Hi Craig. it was difficult to get time to go to the toilet. I hardly saw any of the rest of the show unless the stand was in a direct line from our stand to the nearest loo !!,
I wanted to get round to the Premier Ret stand, but just didn't manage it, luckily the whole Premier / Optronika team stopped by us in pairs, Certainly on our stand there was a lot of interest in the Premier scopes, we had a 5-15 on the model 07 and a 5-25 on the chey tac and we sent plenty of customers around to see Chris, Andy and the team (great bunch of guys and gals..) I can see the scopes bieng popular.

We saw a lot of interest in the Barnard actions & Surgeon actions.
Lots of interest in the stocks we had on show, unfortunately our shipment from Tom Manners got held up in transit and we couldn't show all we would have liked,(which meant that our F Class rifle series didn't get shown) Wild Dog didn't manage to deliver on time for the show either, PSE composits and our own prototypes recieved a lot of interest as did the laminated match rifle stocks. We had at least 3 major gun manufacturers as well as dozens of gunsmiths come to us seriously interested in sourcing stocks. and the JAE stocked M14 proved draw a lot of interest. As did the PSE stocked Ultralite.
Noticable was the absence of a composit stock manufacturer stand.

As Edi said, the Leica scopes are a disapointment, but i predicted that whilst working with them a couple of years ago.

There where a few new suppressors on the market, but mostly copies of copies of others, I'm looking forward to our own design, which is what Victor is temporarily onboard for, he and a professor at the local tech uni are conducting a study into muzzle brakes and supressors for us.

Noticed a couple of alloy chassis rifles, the new steyr, like the chassis..
There where a lot of Turkish wallnut stands, who weren't very busy.

The RH40. basicaly the R = Roedale H = Howa action 40= generaly designed along the same features and employability of the M40 sniper rifle.

T= Tactical
J= Jagd ( hunting)
V= Varmint

right i better get back to dealing with enquiries..

regards Pete

Lucky me already have my rifle on order
grin.gif
... Pete, you got mail.

Regards / Johan

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pete Lincoln</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

right i better get back to dealing with enquiries..

regards Pete </div></div>