• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors IWB holsters for XD 45 Compact

Re: IWB holsters for XD 45 Compact

I have daily carried XD45C since they came to market, first shippment to Alaska, and before that XD 4" and 5" in a Comp-Tac C-TAC Slide holster. Took a few days here and there to get it adjusted right, one of the highs for the C-TAC is the adjustment.

The wide attachments on leather allows mine to adjust to my body and movement all day. I even wore it while throwing outdoor kit freight; bending, stooping, kneeing, twisting and XD never came out, never shifted, always comfortable and hidden. 45s are grip heavy with 230g in the grip and can shift and walk with narrow snap on holsters.

But, I did snap one of the belt clips awhile back after 7-8 years of daily use, called Comp-Tac and they have new Kydex formula that supposedly is way more stronger but one in many years and to me is not that bad. I wear it everyday all day I have pants on, if going somewhere that is anti, I lock weapon in car safe and still wear the holster everywhere. These new belt clips have one more hole and are longer for more adjustment.

If I ever get another, I will go with M-TAC Slide.

I wanted a Crossbreed but at the time it was a several month wait, Comp-Tac had me a holster in 4 days and now I will probably never wear anything else. Plus, you get candy with your order.

I wear a double leather with plastic insert belt, its showing signs of wear around the holes and buckle but will still hold body weight standing on edge, very stiff belt.

Good luck

I use a Crossbreed with a XD40 Sub Compact. Very comfortable, light, retains the XD well, and I would buy another. The advantage is the leather against your body, and the Kydex holding the shape of the firearm. No problems drawing, however, the re-holster is a little cumbersome. That said, it is by far the best I have found for re-holstering an inside the waistband style holster. I have my adjusted very deep, and the pistol grip barley clearing the waistband. I need larger pants to carry with this holster. I just use a regular leather belt to retain, but a thicker belt would be better.

I've got two Crossbreed Supertuck holsters. One for my fullsize Tactical XD45, and one for my Compact 1911. Even with the big ass XD it still conceals very well and is really comfortable. I use the velcro clips with the belt from crossbreed. The absolute best concealment is when you tuck your shirt in. It makes the pistol damn near invisible, and even just barely prints when you lean over. There is one other holster I would consider called the Minotaur. It's the same basic idea as the crossbreed but has removable kydex. I would highly recomend the Crossbreed to anyone who wants to carry a handgun concealed. They are also very stable, and unlike one of the guys on here I find them quite easy on reholstering. The 1911 rides higher than my XD and the only problem I ever had on reholstering was with the XD and dress pants. They were thin and got caught up on the front sereations. If it hides my big XD I'm sure it would do wonders for your compact. Good luck and let us know which holster you go with.

FWIW, I carry a 4" XD 45 Service in a Comp-Tac CTAC for 8-10 hours a day. After getting it set-up right its comfortable and hides the gun well on my smallish 5'10" 135lb frame. I also have a Comp-Tac mag/light holder to compliment the holster and I recently got a Comp-Tac OWB belt holster for it. I really like their kit.

Brommeland gunleather. I have an IWB from gary and like it. Also HBEleatherworks is good stuff.