• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns J-Frame Holster

TaintedArt

Private
Minuteman
Jun 6, 2012
Hey Guys,

Just picked up a J-Frame and realized I hate the holster I had lined up for it. It was a nylon one that was given to me. The damn thing got black marks all over my pants and boxers and started to get fabric residue all over my gun. Not going to use that anymore.
I like to carry appendix in the waist band.

Anyone like a particular IWB J-frame holster?

These are the ones I liked on Midway.

sof-tuck

el paso

flex tuk

blackhawk

6B

summer heat

pocket tuk

Re: J-Frame Holster

On the cheap? Ace Case. Not gonna say it's great quality, but I haven't found anything more comfortable for IWB and it has held up very well for a couple years. Maybe you'll hate it, but for like $12 it might be worth a try. Get the leather, tuckable IWB.

DeadlyPunk.

Not IWB but I really like the cross draw DeSantis Sky Cop for my J frame. It requires shirt tail out or coat to cover but the weapon is instantly accessible even when sitting in a vehicle with seat belt fastened.

Thanks deadly punk, I think I might give that Ace Case a try. For the price and what looks like a deep carry seems worth a shot.

I carry my J frame in a IWB from Concealment Solutions and love it. The more broken in the holster gets, the more comfortable it gets. They just released an IWB appendix carry platform that looks like worth checking out.
If you go this route, I would advise paying the extra $5 for natrual horsehide. Its thinner and seems to form to your body better.

I just carry mine (642) in my pants pocket. No holster. Works fine.

Yakface, I really like the look of that Galco. That being said I don't want to drop 70 bucks to find out I really don't.

Going to a uniform store this weekend to see if i cant touch and feel something i like. If I don't see anything I like I will for sure be getting one online.

If you carry AIWB Kytac makes an awesome holster. I made my own and I love it.

I use the center of mass mini with my J-frame. It was about 45 dollars, and is comfortable for kydex. Retention is good, and re-holstering is a breeze. This is the second CoM holster I have had, and they are simple and effectively designed.