• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

J.S.T.M. Money Shoot 18 Sept 2010

J.Boyette

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Nov 13, 2003
    NC
    logo-2.jpg

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="color: #0000BF">Time Frame:</span></span>
    Sign in from 8:00 to 8:30am
    Match starts @ 9:00am SHARP!!!!!

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="color: #0000BF">Cost:</span></span>

<span style="font-weight: bold">Pre-Payment of $40</span> $20 from each match fee goes in the jack pot to be split 5 ways.

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="color: #0000BF">Location:</span></span>
    Fremont NC 27830, this match will be held on private property, due to this, only the people willing to shoot in the competition will know the location due to the request of the land owner. The property has an abandoned house, wide fields of fire, and up to 600yds for rifle targets.

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="color: #0000BF">Head Count of Competitors:</span></span>
    <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">Limited to 60 people, pre-register/payment</span></span> at [email protected], once registered, you will receive an e-mail with directions to the range and information pertaining to the match.

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="color: #0000BF">Ammunition count: </span></span>
    Minimum round count of 60 rounds for rifle

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="color: #0000BF">Course of fire:</span></span>
    This match is a going to the shot at known distance. We will shoot at dots from 100yds, 200yds, 300yds, 400yds and 500yds. The rules are simple; one shot per-dot IF you hit the dot you move to the next round, if you miss at any time you are out for that string of fire. You will have to sit out until the next distance is shot. Each distance has its own a jack pot. So you have five chances to win!!!!!

Basically we are shooting five stages of fire with as many strings needed until the last man is standing at that distance being shot. We will draw shooter order by you pulling your number out of a bag. This will happen at each distance. Every shooter will have two min’s of prep time and 1 min to shoot 1 round at there dot when there number is called to the firing line. We will have no sighter’s at an distance.

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="color: #0000BF">Targets:</span></span>
    We will use Caldwell Orange sticker dots from Midway USA starting out at 2 MOA or the nearest inch size we can buy per distance. To add to the difficulty of competition, we will drop MOA size based on the performance of the shooters. So expect to engage .75 or .5 MOA targets as your stage extends in time.

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="color: #0000BF">Equipment:</span></span>
    Competitor minimum equipment:
    a. Rifle that is capable of a single shot accuracy of MOA or better at distance, caliber 223 to 300 Winchester Magnum. No calibers larger than 300WM.
    b. Scope/rifle combination capable of adjusting trajectory to 500 yards.
    c. No bench / F-Class mechanical front rests!!!! Only bi-pods with or without rear bags allowed “sling supported also”
    d. Electronic Rangefinder is acceptable.
    e. Hearing and eye protection.
    f. Clothing appropriate for conditions.
    h. Hydration
    i. Food for lunch.

This is the absolute minimum amount of gear required for the match. If you want more, you may bring it, but you must carry it with you at all times, and it must be man portable.

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="color: #0000BF">Basic information for this match:</span></span>
    All J.S.T. competition events will be timed. In the J.S.T. competition, the longest walk will be approximately 300 yards. This event will little to no exercise. No running to events will be required; however, the event time limit may require some quick movement on the part of the competitor. The competitor, carrying gear, needs: the ability to walk up steps, to walk down steps, to be able to walk at least 400 yards with all gear, to negotiate slightly rough terrain, when moving from point A to point B. IF you are a disabled person, please let the staff know before you come. We can make arrangements for you, ALL disabled Veterans that want to shoot, and are capable to do so are WELCOME to shoot this match. I got ways to help you out if you need it. All participants must sign a liability waiver.

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="color: #FF0000">SAFETY
    NRA Safety Rules:
    1. ALWAYS keep the gun pointed in a safe direction.
    This is the primary rule of gun safety. A safe direction means that the gun is pointed so that even if it were to go off it would not cause injury or damage. The key to this rule is to control where the muzzle or front end of the barrel is pointed at all times. Common sense dictates the safest direction, depending on different circumstances.

2. ALWAYS keep your finger off the trigger until ready to shoot.
    When holding a gun, rest your finger on the trigger guard or along the side of the gun. Until you are actually ready to fire, do not touch the trigger.

3. ALWAYS keep the gun unloaded until ready to use.
    Whenever you pick up a gun, immediately engage the safety device if possible, and, if the gun has a magazine, remove it before opening the action and looking into the chamber(s) which should be clear of ammunition. If you do not know how to open the action or inspect the chamber(s), leave the gun alone and get help from someone who does.</span></span>

All rifle muzzles will be pointed up or down when transported, and pointed downrange when at a firing position, or may be pointed in a different direction required by a Range Officer (at staging areas). All rifles will be carried unloaded with either: a colored safety flag, or the bolt removed. All weapons will be loaded on Range Officer command. All weapons will be unloaded on Range Officer command. All weapon handling will be done at Range Officer command.
    Rifles will be loaded, pointing down range, and the bolt will be closed when the competitor locates the target and points the rifle at the target.

Any questions please send me a PM or a e-mail @
    [email protected]

John

John Boyette
    Individual Marksmanship Training LLC
    www.marksmanshiptraining.com

Re: J.S.T.M. Money Shoot 18 Sept 2010

John, good idea on the COF. I really like the format.

That should be a great shoot.

Regards

Mark

As always JST matches (and now training) are at the top of my to do list. John and Glenn have an outstanding location and know how to run a match

Ok guys, this is going to be a fun match with the "last man standing" format. I am planning to be a contestant in this match and several of the local guys are already making side bets they will win different stages. I am betting on a strong showing of winners from here on the 'Hide, as I have seen some of you guys shoot before.
    There are 5 chances to win and will maybe even be a couple of bonus stages thrown in if we have time for it.
    Anyone with a "Half MOA all day long" rifle can easily win this game...

John I would be there in a heart beat if I could. Good luck with the match.

J.Boyette is Good To Go. If you are near the area you have no reason not to attend. He is a class act and so are his events.

I am shocked at how many people will not pony up for a one shot, one kill money match.

We will shoot five distances and thats five chances to win a cash prize.

John

A post from a diff web site

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Come on over guys I got room for all of you!!

We can learn and have fun!!! Also plan on bringing a dollar or two if you want to bet on the side
    smile.gif

Send me a e-mail @ [email protected] and I will e-mail you directions and such ASAP.

Keep in mind, we will shoot 100, 200, 300, 400, 500yds. Each distance is its own match in its self. Each match will have a jackpot with a even payout.

This is how the money will brake down.

15 shooters x $40 = $300 <span style="font-style: italic"><span style="font-weight: bold">"I know its $600 but the other $300 went to the guys holding the match and land owner"</span></span>

$300 / 5 = $60 jack pot per-distance

The 5 is from the five distances we will shoot. So you have five chances to win, if you are real good you might win more than one match and really stack it up!!!

John</div></div>

I hope more come out so we can have a hell of a payout!!!!

John

If only my wife didn't decide to have a baby that week! Maybe next time fellas...

"John" had great time match was fun. Just watching some of the"OLDER" benchrest shooters give each other a hard time was worth the price of admission. Thanks Glenn for use of the family farm for the shoot. Had a great time met alot of people and I can say John did a great job helping several shooters get dope on there guns. Now if you could just do something about that mirage that keeps dancing in front of the targets.

I shot 21 rounds total and I think we were done about 5:15pm. A grand total of 13 shooters were present. John, thanks for putting on a great match and I'm glad we met. I met a lot of very nice people there and the competition was great.

I also shot 21 rounds in the match.

Some shooters shot less however.

It was a hell of a fun match with the miss and you are out format. We had spotting scopes set up and were using shoot and see targets so everyone pretty much knew if the shooter hit or missed when the shot was fired. A lot of good natured ribbing and carrying on by all.

Wish you could have made it to this one Ratbert, I think you would have enjoyed it.

Yeah, I really wanted to be there but my gun is in parts at the moment and I just spent 4 days in WV for ASC so the wife wouldn't have made it pleasant for me anyway.

What I meant to ask was, how many rounds (like a boxing round) did it take to get a winner at each yardline? (eg 3 dots were shot @ the 100, 5 dots @ 200, 1 dot @ 300, etc)

The 100yd took I think 6 rounds

The 200yd maybe 5

The 300 took 5

The 400 4

The 500 only 3 or 4

I just wanted to add that I had a great time at this match, met some great guys, and learned a lot. Thansk Glenn for the use of your land. Thanks John for the instruction.

Can't wait to do it again very soon!