• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

j&t upper m.i.a. what now?

marduk185

take my karma boom
Minuteman
Feb 3, 2009
tantric thrust
so, basically j&t is persona non grata due to horrible incompetence. ordered an upper 4 weeks ago on their website using the options selection menus and whatnot. i quickly got a confirmation email, began to wait. a week ago was curious if something was wrong, so sent a inquiry email on their site. they have never returned that inquiry. today my wife finally got ahold of someone by phone after many times of getting voicemailed. they then proceed, (in a very long drawn out unprofessional conversation broken by hold pleases for minutes at a time,) to explain that oh, we dont know why our website let you order that when we dont make that configuration in hbar, or in that twist rate, or in non chrome lined...guess our menu selections shouldnt say that...would you like to pay 50 more dollars for a chrome lined wrong twisted light contoured pos that you didnt order?
i canceled that order, will never pay a penny to that company again, and now need any suggestions yall have on what company to try next for a value flattop 11.5 upper with pinned 5.5 hider in 1x7 twist.

Re: j&t upper m.i.a. what now?

5.5" pinned flash hider with an 11.5" barrel? Is this a new thing I have missed?

not really new...its kind of a salute to sbr's but with a nod to atf neutering of the second amendment. its also sorta reminiscent of old school vietnam era car15.

anyhoo, i decided to order a real similar del-ton upper for 100 bucks cheaper than j&t was so we'll see how that goes...the clock is ticking. ill try to update with any news or maybe a review.

alright update...4-1-2012

i had went to del-ton website and found the afore mentioned upper on march 1st. their site clearly listed it as in stock and 4-6 week turnaround. i ordered, got confirmation and was able to track its status at their site. it originally read as "order processing" so i waited 4 weeks. now the status has suddenly been changed to "backorder."
what happened? did they lie to me and offer a product that was in fact not in stock? or did they simply accept my order before verifying they had enuf left to fill the orderes they currently had?
in any case i am left feeling like the lady at mcdonalds just told me to pull forward and wait for my dollar menu burger while she continues to recieve money for subsequent foods they havent cooked yet...after having just left burger king drivethru for same mistreatment. how do businesses even have any customers left? sad

If i order anything i ask if the item is in stock, if so i will order then i ask for a delivery time, if sales person says it will go out this week that's ok with me. Then i tell them to put on order that if not delivered by date due and no phone call or email telling me why i will cancel the CC order, i stick to what i say and have not had any trouble in quite some time. It's there loss not mine.

guess i aint gettin me upper...incompetence nary ceases to amaze. if i did my job like this...

Create New Ticket | View My Existing Tickets
Ticket #na
Backorder

Category: Orders
Correspondence:
Del-Ton, Inc said: today (7 hours, 58 min ago) [04/10/2012 01:07PM]

Hi marduk,

Thanks for your order, but the DTI 11.5" 1x9 Chrome Moly Barrels that you ordered is currently on backorder, I am not sure of the exact ETA on them at this time, If you want to wait till these part come in, or if you would like to change to something we have in stock I can also help with this. If you would just let me know and I will take care of your order.
Thanks
Pam
Post a Reply:
no pam, this has taken much too long for an item that was listed as in stock at the time of ordering. am i to understand correctly that the item was not in stock and you continued taking orders with it listed as such? 4-6 weeks was the agreed upon delivery as listed on your website. now the website shows the item as out of stock. i would have apreciated that courtesy information back on march 1st when you claimed you had one to sell me.
at this point i would simply like to consider this transaction breached by your lack of delivery within said time and will consider this order canceled. please extend a courtesy confirmation that the order is indeed canceled and that my card has either not been charged or has been credited back the full amount. thank you,

marduk185

Contact Us
Del-Ton, Inc.
330 Aviation Parkway
Elizabethtown, NC 28337

update. changed build completely. started over with a new pistol lower and got a 7.5 " pistol upper from a local vendor. doublefeed issue at first but swapped bolts and it runs like a champ...and the great thing is it can be used as a ccw. alls well that ends well.