• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Jack LaLanne Passed Away...

Krav69

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 24, 2007
Fitness guru Jack LaLanne passed away at the age of 96.

Ninety-six? Most of us here in the U.S. are having a tough time living to half that age.

Rest In Peace; a life well lived and one that helped others live longer.

Re: Jack LaLanne Passed Away...

Jack and his German Shepard! Rip..
I remember him and his TV show. Wore the jumsuit and pulled out his folding chair to do some serious excersice..
The world needs more "Good Guys" like you..
No need for crazy hairstyles or talking trash...
Hard Core..
George of the jungle

RIP Jack

I remember watching him in the '50s - that's the 1950s. Yeah, no skin-tight jumpsuits, tans, or special machines, just exercise and healthy food. Jack, you were One of a Kind.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Georgeofthejungle</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Jack and his German Shepard! Rip..
I remember him and his TV show. Wore the jumsuit and pulled out his folding chair to do some serious excersice..
The world needs more "Good Guys" like you..
No need for crazy hairstyles or talking trash...
Hard Core..
George of the jungle</div></div>
Always remembered that dog. His name was "Happy"

It's pretty sad. I work at a restaurant in Morro Bay, and him and Elaine would come in every Friday night for dinner. I was fortunate enough to get to know them pretty well. He hadn't been in since around Christmas, so we all kinda figured his health was declining. Still, hearing this news was kind of shocking. Jack and Elaine always treated me well, always asked about how school was going, how life was going, and they always gave me a few extra bucks (even against my protest) to help out with my education or other life expenses. Rest in Peace Jack, you will be missed.

frown.gif

dude did like 1000 push ups in 20min in his prime. just incredible!

Jack was tough as nails.

Oh and just for fun...

He celebrated his 80th birthday by getting handcuffed and shackled in order to fight strong winds and currents and swim 1.5 miles while towing 80 boats with 80 people from the Queensway Bay Bridge in the Long Beach Harbor to the Queen Mary.

-Pat