• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Jack Of All Trades Gun

MBrady

Private
Minuteman
Jul 22, 2007
California
So I am now starting to seriously look into the world of precision semi autos. It would be for recreational shooting as well as for courses and eventually for competing in events such as the Survial Trials series or dare I say the SnipersHide Cup?!?!

I would like to able to run the weapon at all ranges up to 1K since a lot of the events I have seen have ranges that far, but I am worried about a rifle that is built for long distance may not be able to handle the high round count of a DMR or Battle Rifle course, or maybe even the abuse that you go through on a multiday competition. I think that I have narrowed down my choices to either a Larue OBR or the GAP-10. It would appear from my research (endless hours on this and other forums, reading the SNIPER and other glossy magazines too much) that the OBR has the edge for "tactical" uses while the GAP-10 and its Bartlein barrel is the choice for long range precision.

If anyone has any advice/opinions/experience about running either weapon through such conditions and events I would appreciate the advice.

Cheers

I would say you cant go wrong with either choice. They both will be a hell of a long wait, my friend ordered his OBR in June and it was shipped last week w/o all of the options he added, such as the CTR, bipod & mount, muzzle brake, and scope mount. Last I heard the Gap 10 is about 10 months out. I am leaning towards the Gap 10 because of caliber choices other than .308. Only because I already have a Noveske N6 chambered in 7.62.