• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Jacked up schmidt and benders

snipitysnipe

Private
Minuteman
Oct 8, 2009
California
Just looking at some pmII's and they all had the same problem. elevation stops at zero and wont go under or stops way past -.5 mil. Also the indicator on the turrets fails to pop. Im thinking this has to due with someone trying to float the turrets after zero and lifting up way to high on the turrets causing a malfunction???

Re: Jacked up schmidt and benders

It's called a zero stop they are made that way, and some do "stop" plus or minus a few tenths under depending on the model.

The single turn ones stop at 0, the double turns stop about 3 to 5 tenths under, they are all that way.

my bad should of been a little more specific, they are all double turns. they stop about -3.5 mils below zero, or the zero itself with no play and none of the double turn indicators work on them. they either stay popped or dont pop at all.

it probably is something that simple. i just thought something might have gotten messed up because there was so many people fucking with these scopes with no one watching them.

I doubt there is something wrong with the S&Bs, especially if more than one is like that.

so i found the problem. the small peg underneath the turret that catches on the latch to pop up the indicator was completely snapped off and they had floated the turrets in the complete opposite way. the pop up indicators also had a lot of junk causing them to stick and not pop up (plus not being able to spin past 0 again) and someone had forced it past the 0 so it snapped those pegs off. one of them hadnt been forcefully snapped off, so just a little cleaning of the indicator and it was just like new again.