• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Jackson triggers????

Moof

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 27, 2009
Celestine Indiana
That CG trigger, how are they? How well do they do in the dirt? I have a Badger build that has a basic in it now but would like to maybe try something different. No I don't like to play in the mud with my noise makers but sometimes they do get a lil dusty from the work outs I give em. Lookin for a good tactical match/F class trigger. 10oz to 1.5lbs. Who's got em and what do you think of them?

Re: Jackson triggers????

They are very nice. Lots of information on them. Search it up and you'll find plenty of comments and reviews.

I know they're nice but haven't found any reviews on them from the dirty side of things.

It's a shame you made your decision without doing any research (it appears). I shoot a Jackson and love it. Yes, in all kinds of dirty situations including the matches at Rifle's Only, and laying in the dirt at my local range. I have yet to have any issue and it is as clean and crisp as ANY trigger out there. I know they're pricey but you get what you pay for and I feel like I'm getting a lot.

We carry the new Mod22 Tactical and the Mod22 Target's in stock and there is a reason I carry them. I consider them to be the best 2-stage trigger on the market, there are others but there is only one CG.

Check out X-Treme's website for some more info on them here:

http://www.x-tremeshooting.com/images/Mod%2022%20product%20info%20sheet.pdf

http://www.x-tremeshooting.com/index.php?page=index

Feel free to call me with any questions on them and we can get you taken care of right away.

Adam

Mike said:
It's a shame you made your decision without doing any research (it appears).

It's a shame you say this specially when I DID do some research and read several pages sayin that they DIDN'T like the sand and dirt. Glad your's isn't giving you any problems. NO I haven't settled on a certain trigger BUT ya the Huber does look nice ASWELL.

I don't really know if I wanta go the 2stage thing or not right now. I have heard you CAN get better trigger control with them and that's why i'd like to try one out.

Adam Bauer is a stand up GTG goon. I love doing business with as much as posible also.

Thank's for you .02

First, "it appears" is a qualifier in case you have done research but didn't let us know.

Second, I know you've done your research as evident in your most recent post, but I guess in between that one and the post you made earlier here,

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Moof</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I know they're nice but haven't found any reviews on them from the dirty side of things.</div></div>

there was time for you to do your research showing the Jackson's didn't like dirt and sand.

Huber's do look nice as I was able to finger one at this years SHOT.

Good luck in your decision.

The only reviews that i have seen on the Huber was LLs and the CG is a great trigger from what ive heard from a few different people, i got one coming any day now so ill do a write up on it

Thanks deadly0311, lookin forward to reading it.

Mike... you'd be amazed what one can do in 45 min. Ya I posted it then looked some more and found out a few more things. Hell an old 700 trigger is hard to beat but there are many out there that hate them alot. All comes out to doing your own research and
making your best call.

I'm interested in a hands-on review also. I have a Remington that needs, among other things, a better trigger. I've been considering the CG trigger, but the price has me holding off for now.

Google the Huber's trigger, that's where I read the thing's about the CG supposively not liking the dirt. Do you think Jackson is going to post negitive things on their work for other to read??? I don't think so but other sites would love to have the honar. One thing that I like the Jackson is that you can adjust it to where you don't feel the first stage at all... so i've read. Other's can discribe that MUCH better than I do to them having one...

One thing that I DON'T like about the Huber's is that you can't adjust the weight. I like a 2lb for just plinking but like the 1lb for shooting further. With being on the road ALL the dam time... I don't have the pleasure to play with my toys and get used to them.

if you adjust the 1st stage out of the Jackson trigger you have essentially made a single stage trigger and it also renders the safety useless. Thats info off of Jackson's site

Can you have it on safety and still open the bolt? They said it isn't like the 700 so i'm wondering?

The safety isn't like the R700 more in the way it is set up mechanically. The bolt will open with the safety on.

You will need to make space in your stock for a Jackson.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bauer Arms</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We carry the new Mod22 Tactical and the Mod22 Target's in stock and there is a reason I carry them. I consider them to be the best 2-stage trigger on the market, there are others but there is only one CG.

Check out X-Treme's website for some more info on them here:

http://www.x-tremeshooting.com/images/Mod%2022%20product%20info%20sheet.pdf

http://www.x-tremeshooting.com/index.php?page=index

Feel free to call me with any questions on them and we can get you taken care of right away.

Adam </div></div>

Do the AICS still have to be inletted for these? Or was that just the original CG Jackson.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: adam boynton</div><div class="ubbcode-body">they make 2 jackson trigger models, mod 21 and mod 22, one has the safety on the side that the stock needs to be inletted for the other doesnt

http://www.whiddengunworks.net/cguniversaltrigger.html </div></div>

Adam are you sure? After going back and reading it appears the 21 has been discontinued and the 22 is offerred with and without a safety. It says it is slimmer and may or may not need inletting.

I have change the upper frame design slighty trying to fit most of the Rem style actions out there. The latest Mod 22 will fit in the AICS stock with no mod. I recently completed a Rem in an AICS as my Mod 22 demo gun. I'll try to attach photo under the photos section.

Finally over a year ago as there was build up to the PSR contract, I sold some modified Mod 21 triggers to a defense contractor who sent them out to Gunsite for extensive testing. My triggers worked fine in all of the dust and grit. Corey Trapp at Gunsite even gave me the testimonial after the tests were concluded. Any questions, don't hesitate to call or e-mail.

I did my research and I'm down for the Jacksons all the way;

#1) Will be made for my 3 types in 2010, Remmy & clones, Winny M70 and Sako Quad so get ready guys.

#2) They are FULLY adjustable and over the entire range of pull.

and the rest; Customer Service, 100% Made in the USA, Available from one of the best; Bauer Arms and reasonably priced for what you are getting.

Tom, thanks for the post. I have had nothing but great experiences with Jacksons.

Any plans on making a M0d22 that will fit an Accuracy International rifle?

ok guys since i had lost this thread and have since found it again i figure ill do a quick write up of it...

Pros:
Very Clean and Crisp Pull
Amazing Simplicity in design
Very good trigger control over a single stage (for me)
Easy Install

Cons:
Directions are similar to putting a space ship together (installation is easy asjustment not so much)
Price

I have put well over 600 rds on my CG Mod 22 from Adam @ BauerArms, its been shot in the rain, mud, dust, gravel, sand, and swamp. It has never once changed pull weight on me through all of this. The only problem i had was again with the directions, i adjusted one screw a tad to much and had to send it to Tom to get him to put it back together again, by the way he didnt charge me a thing for my mess up. I love the fact that you can go from a curved shoe to a straight shoe within about 45 seconds. It fit wonderfully in my M2008/AICS rifle.The safety was a little tight at first, but after about 100 rds on the trigger it loosened up to where it didnt give as much resistance when going from safe to fire. Overall i am very pleased with this trigger and if i had the $ to outfit all my rifles with CGs i would. I will admit the 2 stage isnt for everyone, but i love it. If you are on the fence about a CG i recommend finding someone who has one and trying it out. It is by far the best 2 stage trigger out there right now. Hope this helps some. For those who want to know, my 1st stage is set at about 4.5 lbs and the 2nd stage is at about 1.5-2 lbs

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gugubica</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Tom, thanks for the post. I have had nothing but great experiences with Jacksons.

Any plans on making a M0d22 that will fit an Accuracy International rifle? </div></div>

Current plans are the following for us:

1) We're working with Pete Lincoln @ Roedale to get him set up as European distributor before IWA and get a trigger to his satisfaction for his new Avenger Rem style receiver. I'll let him elaborate when he chooses.
2) The Win Mod 70 is being prototyped and we hope to be ready for a spring release of that model.
3) We will probably start to look at the Sako and Tikka triggers again to support Pete and those here in the states that have asked for them.

If I could see a AI receiver, I might be able to take something we have and modify it to fit and come up with a new model easily but...it's been a long time since I've seen one of those. Maybe Adam Bauer could help, I'll ask.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tom Myers</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

2) The Win Mod 70 is being prototyped and we hope to be ready for a spring release of that model. </div></div>

Tom,

I will be very excited to see one of this for the Win 70/FN SPR action.

Thanks,
Darin

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tom Myers</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gugubica</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Tom, thanks for the post. I have had nothing but great experiences with Jacksons.

Any plans on making a M0d22 that will fit an Accuracy International rifle? </div></div>

If I could see a AI receiver, I might be able to take something we have and modify it to fit and come up with a new model easily but...it's been a long time since I've seen one of those. Maybe Adam Bauer could help, I'll ask. </div></div>

Outstanding. Working with Pete is a good move. If you can get a model for the AI, I would buy one instantly. If you need to, I can work out for you to use my AIAE Mark II. Adam or Randy at Mile High might be able to get you something too.

I like the AI trigger, it is good, but yours are exceptional!

I don't really have any input so I'll just leave this here.

model%20w%20Quad.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tom Myers</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gugubica</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Tom, thanks for the post. I have had nothing but great experiences with Jacksons.

1) We're working with Pete Lincoln @ Roedale to get him set up as European distributor before IWA and get a trigger to his satisfaction for his new Avenger Rem style receiver. I'll let him elaborate when he chooses.
2) The Win Mod 70 is being prototyped and we hope to be ready for a spring release of that model.
3) We will probably start to look at the Sako and Tikka triggers again to support Pete and those here in the states that have asked for them.

If I could see a AI receiver, I might be able to take something we have and modify it to fit and come up with a new model easily but...it's been a long time since I've seen one of those. Maybe Adam Bauer could help, I'll ask. </div></div>

In talking with the guys at Surgeon there appears to be a problem with the trigger working with their action. They like the trigger alot and would like to see it work with their action......so would I.....

Anyone around Southern Indiana that has a Jackson I can finger? PM me please if so...

In talking with the guys at Surgeon there appears to be a problem with the trigger working with their action. They like the trigger alot and would like to see it work with their action......so would I..... [/quote]

I have redesigned actually re-shaped the upper frame slightly to make it more readily fit receivers with trigger hangers. There should be no problem with Surgeons now. Preston sent me a hanger and a reciever for fitting.

Now BAT's may be a different animal, they have a very small trigger hanger. Although I know Alan Warner had made them work.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Moof</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anyone around Southern Indiana that has a Jackson I can finger? PM me please if so... </div></div>

Cincinnati is pretty much 10min from Southern Indiana. And there is NO Jackson anymore. He was only the front man that owned the rights. He's gone now and it's only me.

Cincinnati is pretty much 10min from Southern Indiana. And there is NO Jackson anymore. He was only the front man that owned the rights. He's gone now and it's only me. [/quote]

Thanks for the info. Guess they're called CG now??? What part of Cincinnati are you located at and do you have any semi truck parking? I live like 3 hours away from there but drive through your town several times a month...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Moof</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Cincinnati is pretty much 10min from Southern Indiana. And there is NO Jackson anymore. He was only the front man that owned the rights. He's gone now and it's only me. </div></div>

Thanks for the info. Guess they're called CG now??? What part of Cincinnati are you located at and do you have any semi truck parking? I live like 3 hours away from there but drive through your town several times a month... [/quote]

It's a long boring story but, CG is the initals of the eldery Frenchman that designed the trigger and many popular gun actions. His name is Chombart. I own a tool and die shop in Cincinnati and was looking to make 2 stage triggers and approached him on a popular design. A Brit named Jackson had already licensed the design from him but couldn't make the parts! So...I was making the trigger components, selling them in the U.S. and shipping components over to him to assemble and sell worldwide.

Mr. Jackson and I had differences on business so I took over everything with the designer's blessing. I made many engineering changes but mostly methods and materials of the trigger. (tool steel, fully hardened, wire edm'd sears, better fit for Rem 700, better safety, etc etc). So to give reference to the designer (who I treat like a father, sort of) I call all products that I co-make with him CG then X-Treme for my company.

My shop is off Rt. 50 going East out of Milford, OH on the east side of 275. There is plenty of room for semis and you are welcome to stop. By appt. only though as I'm in and out and travel frequently.

Ah yes, Robert Chombart..smart bloke, big fella..Quadlock, CG, Swing, he's been engineering fine shooting equipment for quite a while..Good to see those triggers stateside, and I need to get geared up this spring..we will be in touch.

I bought three CG triggers from Tom, two of which went into Surgeon actions: one RSR and one 591. My comments:

1. Tom is a guy you want to do business with. He stands behind his products. I was having problems with my brand-new surgeon rifles right before my elk hunt and Tom dived in and went above and beyond to make things right. The triggers ended up not being the problem, but I really appreciate the fact that he stepped up when I was stressing out a few days before my hunt.

2. The triggers work fine in Surgeon actions. I was using the first-run Mod22s and the gunsmith had to make a small relief cut in the 591 to get it to fit. The RSR fit fine. Tom has now modified his dimensions slightly and Surgeon has also modified their dimensions slightly...should be no further issues.

3. The CGs are perfect 2-stage triggers....but one small caveat. With a safety, you need a generous amount of first stage travel to ensure the safety works properly. I prefer less 1st-stage travel than what I have to use. Recently, I reduced the 1st stage travel to what I prefer. The safety still works, but I see it wiggle a bit when I pull hard on the trigger.....so not sure I would trust it. Then again, I don't trust any safety anyhow.

4. If you open up one of these triggers, you will see a beautiful, simple design and just screams durability and reliability. there are few moving parts and generous amounts of space for any dirt to fall away.

5. yes, you need to be a "good reader" to follow the trigger adjustment instructions. :) I guess that is the price you pay for a trigger that allows just about anything to be adjusted. It's pretty easy to adjust once you understand what each of the 4 screws does. But there is a learning curve.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Scooter-PIE</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I bought three CG triggers from Tom, two of which went into Surgeon actions: one RSR and one 591. My comments:

1. Tom is a guy you want to do business with. He stands behind his products. I was having problems with my brand-new surgeon rifles right before my elk hunt and Tom dived in and went above and beyond to make things right. The triggers ended up not being the problem, but I really appreciate the fact that he stepped up when I was stressing out a few days before my hunt.

2. The triggers work fine in Surgeon actions. I was using the first-run Mod22s and the gunsmith had to make a small relief cut in the 591 to get it to fit. The RSR fit fine. Tom has now modified his dimensions slightly and Surgeon has also modified their dimensions slightly...should be no further issues.

3. The CGs are perfect 2-stage triggers....but one small caveat. With a safety, you need a generous amount of first stage travel to ensure the safety works properly. I prefer less 1st-stage travel than what I have to use. Recently, I reduced the 1st stage travel to what I prefer. The safety still works, but I see it wiggle a bit when I pull hard on the trigger.....so not sure I would trust it. Then again, I don't trust any safety anyhow.

4. If you open up one of these triggers, you will see a beautiful, simple design and just screams durability and reliability. there are few moving parts and generous amounts of space for any dirt to fall away.

5. yes, you need to be a "good reader" to follow the trigger adjustment instructions. :) I guess that is the price you pay for a trigger that allows just about anything to be adjusted. It's pretty easy to adjust once you understand what each of the 4 screws does. But there is a learning curve. </div></div>

Will have to look into this.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Moof</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That CG trigger, how are they? How well do they do in the dirt? I have a Badger build that has a basic in it now but would like to maybe try something different. No I don't like to play in the mud with my noise makers but sometimes they do get a lil dusty from the work outs I give em. Lookin for a good tactical match/F class trigger. 10oz to 1.5lbs. Who's got em and what do you think of them? </div></div>

One of my friends has one in a Badger and has not had any issues with it once he got the adjustments worked out. This is easier said than done because there is an almost infinite amount of adjustments. They do feel really nice if you like 2 stage triggers.

Tom, will the current Mod22 trigger fit an older Surgeon 591 w/Badger DM bottom metal without modifications? I would really like to try your trigger but don't wish to modify my Surgeon.

Thanks, BAT_Boy.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BAT_Boy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Tom, will the current Mod22 trigger fit an older Surgeon 591 w/Badger DM bottom metal without modifications? I would really like to try your trigger but don't wish to modify my Surgeon.

Thanks, BAT_Boy. </div></div>
I don't blame you, I wouldn't want to take a mill or file to any of my actions either. I've not seen the older ones BUT...if they have a trigger slot milled into the receiver and take the traditional 2 .125" dowels to hold the trigger in place, you should be good to go. If it is the XL style with the trigger hanger, theonly thing now is the radius's in the corner of the hanger might need a little releif for the square corners of the trigger upper frame.

Just this AM, I returned a mock up receiver of traditional style to Preston as well as a XL trigger hanger he sent for me to work with. I beleive there are no or minimal fit issues now.

Thanks for your prompt response, Tom. I will order one of your triggers after Christmas.