• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Jacob/Frank - training tonight?

superde

Gunny Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Nov 7, 2003
Bryan, Texas
Heading through Kingsville right now and the wind seems unusually stout this evening - it's blowing us all over the road LOL.

Re: Jacob/Frank - training tonight?

That's typical, nothing new there a strong wind in Kingsville.

But I am in CO until next month, so no training for me.
smile.gif

I thought you went North during the summer Lindy. Colorado North, not Rockport North.

I just thought it seemed a little stronger than usual, as I watched my wife's white knuckles try to keep our Tahoe on the road.

We did go north, in May. It's an El Nino year, which leads to cool and rainy conditions in the intermountain west. In June in Creede, we had 13 straight days of rain. My wife finally said, "You know, there's a reason we have wheels on this trailer."

We are enjoying summer at the beach.
laugh.gif

image001.jpg

Beautiful sunrise Lindy. I enjoyed the one this morning down here on S. Padre. I would love to spend about 2 weeks right now in cold and wet conditions for a change. Although I may be getting my wish when I travel across the pond in a few weeks.

Lisa B. I know that you guys have been busy, as well as we were only 2 hours away from the beach, and we were ready to get there. Plus, I don't know that you want to deal with 6 and 3 year old boys. They have the attention span of knats, and energy levels of a marathon runner LOL.

Maybe on our way back through Wednesday we can meet you guys for lunch or something?

superde, I was down there all of last week with my wife. Too bad we didn't get together for dinner one evening.

You need to take your boys to the Seaturtle recovery center, you'll all have a good time there.

LL, Where do you shoot when you are on the Front Range?

Tony, is that located over at Port Isabel, or here on the island?

I wish our schedules would have coincided. It would have been good to catch up. I know that you probably had a portable sowing machine with you under your beach umbrella.

It's on the north end of the Island, on the left hand side going north.

Here's a link:

http://www.seaturtleinc.org/

I did all I could do not to even think about sewing, too bad that didn't happen the whole time. My wife and I spent most of the week sleeping in late, every day, and then either sitting underneath an umbrella on the beach reading a book, jelling out in the condo reading a book, sitting in a restaurant shooting the breeze, or looking for shells on the beach.

We had a great time.

Man stop all this talk about beaches, it's killing me. Our beach vacation was spent last Friday night at the reception!!! lol

You deserve a break, I don't see how you get it all out the door. If you come up with any more great ideas, you are going to have to take sleep off you schedule.

Thanks for the information.

Kingsville has a limited number of people with the funds for expensive coffee. Had Frank been in permanent residence, it might have survived.

The one here in Rockport died, too. There's a new Orvis fishing gear store which just opened up behind where the Starbucks was. I suspect it won't last long.

You mean cowboys, rednecks, and immigrant workers don't buy $5 Venti Americanos
smile.gif
?

Even when I lived in the mountains in Colorado, I thought Orvis stores were steep. In Rockport, that is going to be a hard sell I think.

The Orvis store is on my daily bicycle route and I pass it twice. So far, I've seen zero cars parked in front of the store. My thinking is the same as your's.