• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

JAE-700 stock - where to find?

Wayfaerer320

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 24, 2012
PA
So, as mentioned previously, I picked up a Remington 700 SPS tactical with threaded barrel and 1/10 twist. I think I've settled on a replacement stock - the JAE-700. My question is, where are they sold? Any particular place online? Or should I just order directly through JEA?

Re: JAE-700 stock - where to find?

Only place they are available is directly from JAE. When I last checked a couple of months back, the wait was 8-10 months.

They just started shipping in January, but have years worth of backorders. Order now and you might get one this winter/spring.

john

It's been vaporware until a couple months ago when a guy turned up on here with one. Either production is slow, guys aren't talking about em or JAE is using surrogates to keep up interest.

I do know their M14 stocks are real and they are nice but very little out there on the 700s.

EDIT: So they're in production but they've been taking orders for AT LEAST 2.5 years because that's when I called about placing one(and I would like to note that when I called, I was told by several different people that lead times were 8-10 months, funny huh?). This is bad business ethics; you take people's money, lie about lead times, sit on it for years and give customers the runaround all while showing off the same prototypes at every opportunity like SHOT etc. Better get comfy, you may be too old to shoulder one by the time you get it.

I've already taken my business elsewhere, more than once actually, in the time since that phone call. Manners, McM and XLR ALL delivered custom stocks ordered at SEPARATE times before JAE would have gotten one out.

8-10 months? Dear christ...

I had no idea the wait was that long. I guess I'll have to look for another brand/type.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wayfaerer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">8-10 months? Dear christ...

I had no idea the wait was that long. I guess I'll have to look for another brand/type. </div></div>

That's a wise idea. The market is fruitful with high quality stocks that do exist. They've left a bad taste in the mouth of many members here.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: THEBEARRRRRRJEW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wayfaerer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">8-10 months? Dear christ...

I had no idea the wait was that long. I guess I'll have to look for another brand/type. </div></div>

That's a wise idea. The market is fruitful with high quality stocks that do exist. They've left a bad taste in the mouth of many members here. </div></div>

That's unfortunate, because its a sexy looking stock. Is there anything else out there you recommend? Looking for something similar.

AI
AIAX
XLR
Ashburry
CSS
Manners

If this is your first, sexy be damned. Get behind as many as you can and find what fits you

I was looking at one of these too, but there were two things holding me back. Anything you want to add to the stock, like rails or rail adapters, is exorbitantly priced. You could end up paying for two other "high end" stocks by the time all is said and done. The other thing was the wait, there's literally no end in sight.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body">AI
AIAX
XLR
Ashburry
CSS
Manners

If this is your first, sexy be damned. Get behind as many as you can and find what fits you </div></div>

Also
KRG Whiskey 3
McRee
JP
Roedale

I started a chassis reference thread a little while back. Lists names, companies, links, prices, where to buy etc. Might be on the 2nd or 3rd page by now, I was hoping it would get a sticky, but it's still floating around regardless.

JAE showed production stocks at shows a few years ago, and quickly started taking deposits anticipating production. They changed designs a few times and have had delays in starting production, but they never promised delivery times as they were not in production until this year and would refund deposits if you wanted.

The first ones were delivered to customers in January, but production is still slow, and as you might expect there's a long list of pre-orders that will get filled first. Pricing is up there, but no worse than some of the AI stuff.

In short, I ordered one and am waiting too, which is easier given I have a Rem 700 stock that works fine for now. If you're interested, Lisa will return most any email or phone call within hours - their customer service and communication are already pretty good.

the JAE700 stocks look great but for now Manners and Mcmillan do just fine for me.