• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

JAE700 has arrived!

Hennig

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 28, 2011
QLD, Australia
www.instagram.com
Hey fellas,

Just thought Id post up some pics of the JAE700 that arrived today. I know these are starting to show up slowly, but there still arent many first hand reports of people with them in hand.

p1020076i.jpg

p1020080fq.jpg

Against the Whiskey 3.

p1020081a.jpg

With the .223 5R in it.

Initial impressions - bloody awesome. Feels super sturdy, grip reminds me of a McM A5 with an even better thumbshelf. Magwell is adjustable to get a nice snug fit on the mag - no more rattling around. The attention to detail throughout the whole chassis is pretty awesome, from the lettering, to the underside rail, and the overall fit and finish. In a whole other league to the AICS that it replaced.

Im digging the cheekpiece, nice and comfortable, and the buthook is good too - a decent size for riding a rear bag.

One minor annoyance is that my AICS bit from my Borka kit doesnt fit through the chassis to get to the action screws. Bit of a PITA.

Overall, very happy, and cant wait to take her to the range this weekend :)

Last edited:
Congratulations!! She looks great.
Btw- Your links worked for me.
Thanks for the first impressions out of the box. Please let us know how you go after using.
I ordered mine on 8/15/2011. When did you place your order?

Congratulations!! She looks great.
Btw- Your links worked for me.
Thanks for the first impressions out of the box. Please let us know how you go after using.
I ordered mine on 8/15/2011. When did you place your order?

Thanks mate - was definitely worth the wait.

Id have to check the exact date, but mine was ordered right around that time - 18ish months back. Hopefully that means yours isnt too far off!

I have always loved the look of those stocks. Never fingered one in person but It looks really nice and adjustable

I pretty much put the deposit down and forgot about it. Had this rifle in an AICS with Viperskins in the meantime - I much prefer the JAE.

Its a little bit wasted on a .223, but after my wedding in September Ill be looking at building a Defiance based .260 to sit in it. Should be a tidy setup.

How are they advertising a 1 year wait if people that ordered 18 months ago still haven't received theirs?

Hennig, if it turns out that you don't like it (JAE) or need to sell it, please keep me in mind. Ill gladly buy it.

Thanks,

No idea Trevor, I assume there are still a few backorders to fill too. I dont think there is any chance of me not liking it though, Im pretty impressed so far (Im also in Australia :p). Having said that, you never know come Sunday. One thing, the standard LOP is a little short, so Im grabbing a couple of the 1/4" spacers. Also need the bottom rail for the Atlas.

Error404: The Whiskey 3 is for a M2013 build Im waiting on - I just thought it was interesting seeing the two chassis side by side :)

Ill have to borrow some scales to weigh this big hunk of rifle - it certainly isnt light.

Trevor, they advertise the reduced wait times due to a move to new larger premises, more staff and more efficient manufacturing processes.
It's possible wait times will come down to the 12 mths..
Time will tell. I'm advised mine is 2 months away now.

I've been following what little info has been posted on these for over a year now. I am absolutely dumbfounded on how it could possibly take so long to produce them. You'd think they were making each one individually by hand with no modern machinery involved.

I've been following what little info has been posted on these for over a year now. I am absolutely dumbfounded on how it could possibly take so long to produce them. You'd think they were making each one individually by hand with no modern machinery involved.

By all accounts, the owner/designer is a perfectionist to the level of OCD. Since they are being produced now, they must be absolutely perfect in his mind. Lisa (his wife) has always been a very nice gal on the phone. Great folks.

They didn't start making them until about a year ago, and had a large pool of pre-orders due to their success with the JAE-100.

Lisa was great to deal with - I was originally quoted 12 months, and the only time it got frustrating was when at the 12th, 13th, 14th, 15th months I kept getting told "It'll be ready next month". Eventually I just asked for a REAL date (and told her Id prefer to just know if its still 6 months off), and she said it'd be another 3. I have no problem with waiting, as long as Im just given the straight story. As I said though, she was lovely to deal with, and of course continually apologetic for the delays :).

I'm goign to take a look at one Sunday. There is a guy that will be there who has one. If its as nice as I think it will be, I suppose ill go ahead and place an order and send in a deposite and let the waiting begin.

I pretty much put the deposit down and forgot about it. Had this rifle in an AICS with Viperskins in the meantime - I much prefer the JAE.

Its a little bit wasted on a .223, but after my wedding in September Ill be looking at building a Defiance based .260 to sit in it. Should be a tidy setup.

I agree that a Defiance 260 is nice, but I don't think it is "wasted" with a 223 sitting in it. Before people started going full tilt retard on buying all the 223 ammo it was a terrific centerfire round to practice with, especially if you're someone like me who lives in New England.

I was wondering if anyone was going to pick that haha. The 6-24 PST has always lived on the .223. Normally I have a 5-15 HS on the PWS, but I bought a Razor for my new custom which is waiting for me at Longrifles Inc. I figured I may as well use the Razor in the meantime... and since I didnt have a stock for my .223 at the time.. onto the 22lr it went!

LOL...figured as much. I like the JAE700, and really wanted one...like three years ago. Finally just labeled them unobtainium and moved on. Glad to see they are finally seeing the light of day.

I'd like to hear someone compare and contrast this chassis with the whiskey 3, top to bottom, shooting impressions, personal perceptions, weight, feel, grip, everything really. Be very interesting read.

Wow does that mean mine is finally coming soon? :) I've been waiting forever. :p

Well, took her to the range on Sunday, and Im definitely happy with my purchase. Shooting position feels really natural, again similar to an A5/T4. My shooting buddy who is a devout A5 guy even admitted that is was damn comfortable. There is no denying that its a heavy bitch, which makes the .223 recoil non-existent, but I certainly wouldnt want to carry it through the bush for hours.

As far as performance - shot pretty consistent .5moa groups, some down to .4moa. Wasnt up there with my best with the rifle - but I put that down to shooter. Had a .18 3-shot group, then pulled the last shot of the 5 to open her right up. Story of my life when it comes to groups. Checked the log book and the last time I shot this rifle was in September last year - jesus.

Sorry I didnt grab any pics, was a pretty quick session. Ill be sure to grab some next time :)

Cheers fellas.

your video is marked private......was your shooting that bad? JK lol

p1020112n.jpg

Chucked the Razor onto it this afternoon. God its a heavy setup now haha. I havent received the bottom rail kit I ordered, but turns out the side rail off my old Viperskins fits, so... hurruh. I put a piece of soft velcro between the rail and the chassis to stop any marring, and its come up a treat. As such, I can finally get the Atlas onto it, and bought an Accu-Shot monopod to go along with it. Ive never actually used a monopod before, so Ill be interested to see how it compares to a bag.

Aren't you ready to sell that heavy turd?? I'm still willing to take it off your hands :)

Looks great. Asd for the weight - good ergonomics would far justify even a few lbs for me. Pitty they´re not offering it for more receiver platforms yet.