• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos James' First Bobcat!!

jcsguns

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 10, 2011
McAllen, Texas
Last year for my son's 14th birthday, all he asked for was a weekend at the ranch. He was hoping for a nice 8pt-er, but to his surprise, this guy came wondering through his sendero on the last evening we were there. He shot it with his Remington 700 .308 (that he helped build and DuraCoat).

Re: James' First Bobcat!!

Why ?
They make good pets.. my kittens here ....Tinkerbelle & Titan

url]

Nice job. There are a ton of adults that have not shot one and most are gonna be jealous. Make sure to keep them hunting.

Im all for a good hunt and all but why a bobcat? Just to kill it? Pretty soon our kids wont get to see those kind of animals anymore..

Ch

My son has been hunting since he was 5 years old, and this has been a goal for him for a while. I'm all for setting a goal and going for it. Plus, he shot it confidently at 220 yards. Our ranch is over run by bobcats, but this will likely be his last one. You are right there is no reason to kill, just to kill...my kids are responsible hunters.
Now pigs and coyotes....thats another story!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jcsguns</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My son has been hunting since he was 5 years old, and this has been a goal for him for a while. I'm all for setting a goal and going for it. Plus, he shot it confidently at 220 yards. Our ranch is over run by bobcats, but this will likely be his last one. You are right there is no reason to kill, just to kill...my kids are responsible hunters.
Now pigs and coyotes....thats another story! </div></div>

Well, if theres a bunch of them, and your son had one on his list, hell, go high five him for me.

Ch

chansen49, get outside in sunny socal. there are a shitload of bobcats. california is crawling with them. might that be related to the plummeting quail populations?

I had a bobcat when I was a kid as a pet, it was awesome. It was a rescue cat. Loved it like it was my best friend. Eventually he picked a fight with a pack of dobermans down the road and lost.

It was sad. Bobcats are just like dogs. Extremely loyal and capable of being domesticated.

Anyway, im not a tree hugging PETA person... but yeah, pretty animal. In Wisconsin we dont have many of them... but if you are over run with them why not.

We actually still have a hunting season on them and I know the DNR does pretty good work gathering statistics on populations. So im sure if it was getting scarce they would be limiting hunting periods/tags or both.

Anyway, great story. At least Skin it though please. haha

We have a lot of bobcats running around down here. For some reason a lot of people here are mistaking them for mountain lions, go figure since they look nothing alike.

I say good job.