• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

James Foley, an American journalist, Beheaded, French, Spanish, Journalists released

Phil1

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 3, 2009
Minot N.D.
"Somewhere in the desert of eastern Syria, a militant from the Islamic State beheaded the American journalist James Foley this week. The killer and his terrorist group are responsible for Foley’s death. They should be the focus of public anger.

But Foley’s execution is also a chilling wake-up call for American and European policymakers, as well as U.S. news outlets and aid organizations. It is the clearest evidence yet of how vastly different responses to kidnappings by U.S. and European governments save European hostages but can doom the Americans. Hostages and their families realize this fully — even if the public does not.

“I wish I could have the hope of freedom and seeing my family once again, but that ship has sailed,” Foley said moments before he was killed in a craven video released by the militant group on Tuesday. “I guess, all in all, I wish I wasn’t American.”

French journalist Nicolas Henin is cheered by relatives as he arrives by helicopter from Evreux to the military airbase in Villacoublay [2]Foley clearly spoke under duress. But his regret at being an American captive, real or not, reflected grim fact.

This spring, four French and two Spanish journalists held hostage by the Islamic State extremists were freed — after the French and Spanish governments paid ransoms through intermediaries.

The U.S. government refused to negotiate or pay a ransom in Foley’s case or for any other American captives — including my own abduction [3] by the Taliban five years ago.

With the help of an Afghan journalist abducted with me, I was lucky enough to escape. But today Foley is dead and the Islamic State militants now say Steven Sotloff, a journalist for Time magazine whom the group also captured, will be killed if the United States does not stop bombing its fighters in Iraq.

There are no easy answers in kidnapping cases. The United States cannot allow terrorist groups to control its foreign policy.

One clear lesson that has emerged in recent years, however, is that security threats are more effectively countered by united American and European action. The divergent U.S. and European approach to abductions fails to deter captors or consistently safeguard victims.

Last month, a New York Times investigation [4] found that al Qaeda and its direct affiliates had received at least $125 million in revenue from kidnappings since 2008 — primarily from European governments. In the last year alone, they received $66 million.

“Kidnapping hostages is an easy spoil,” Nasser al-Wuhayshi, the leader of al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula, wrote in a 2012 letter to the leader of an al Qaeda affiliate in North Africa, “which I may describe as a profitable trade and a precious treasure.”

Publicly, European governments deny making these payments. But former diplomats told the Times that ransoms have been paid through intermediaries.

Kidnapping as a fundraising tactic is thriving and rates are going up. In 2003, a ransom of roughly $200,000 was paid for each captive, the newspaper found [5]. Today, captors reap millions per captive.

U.S. journalist James Foley arrives, after being released by the Libyan government, at Rixos hotel in Tripoli [6]Abductions have become so lucrative that al Qaeda leaders in Pakistan help oversee negotiations for affiliates. Militants groups spread across North Africa, the Middle East and South Asia are now following the same rough protocol.

Hostage-taking by extremist groups is now so pervasive that at least one major aid organization is not sending U.S. aid workers to areas where they might be abducted. Instead, they are sending citizens from European countries with governments that will pay ransoms.

The cases have taken on a grim pattern: Hostages are abducted, months pass with no news from the captors and a threatening video or email is then sent to families. In some cases, the militants ask that cases not be made public so ransom can be paid quietly.

This was the case in Foley’s tortuous, 21-month abduction. For the first 16 months after Foley was taken captive, his family had no information regarding his whereabouts. They learned he was alive from two Spanish journalists who were freed by the Islamic State in March after a ransom was paid.

In a subsequent email message, the captors instructed the family to keep the case quiet and not identify the Islamic State as the kidnappers. Fearing for Foley’s life, the family obeyed. Other American families with loved ones taken captive by militants have done the same.

Privately, the Foleys and other families have grown intensely frustrated with the failure of American officials to negotiate with the captors. U.S. government officials also refused to coordinate their response in any way with European governments.

In the days and weeks ahead, the Foley family will speak for themselves about their ordeal. But the payment of ransoms and abduction of foreigners must emerge from the shadows. It must be publicly debated. American and European policymakers should be forced to answer for their actions.

Foley believed that his government would help him, according to his family. In a message that was not made public, Foley said that he believed so strongly that Washington would help that he refused to allow his fellow American captives to not believe in their government.

A consistent response to kidnapping by the U.S. and Europe is desperately needed. The current haphazard approach is failing.

James Foley must not die in vain."
Did America?s policy on ransom contribute to James Foley?s killing? | David Rohde

There was just a round of large bank fines(hundreds of millions) against French and other banks who supported terrorism by dealing with Iran. Yet the French and Spanish governments make direct payments for hostages. Directly encouraging more hostage taking. Nothing said.

$66 million a year buys allot of RPG ammo. So who is funding terrorism?

Further NY Times Story and a good read on this subject:
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/07/30/w...ens-europe-becomes-al-qaedas-patron.html?_r=0

Last edited:
As much as I hate to say it I agree with the no payment policy. Make everyone aware and keep them out of there. Then exterminate the ISIS to the last man.

When the US traded a group of Terrorists for one Deserter, I predicted (on this board) the flood gates were going to open up. Now that terrorists can get what they want with a hostage-more hostages will be taken, each and every American is now at risk, a risk they did not have until the trading started. I believe ISIS killed this guy, to show they mean it, and to "spur" some more trades/policy changes/cash etc. I think they'll get it-if not directly from us-through a "friendly nation" (even though we actually will be paying for it, and okaying the deal). BTW bergdal to this very day, has not been charged-still on the military payroll! There is already a Grand Jury in MO-yet after all this time, the military asked for and receive "More time" to finish their investigation!!

RE: Bergdal wants out of the military so he can go to college.

Who is ISIS?

The government is still working on a name for the Iraqi uprising. It was ISIS and lately our government has been calling them ISIL. It's just more propaganda... I'm sure they will come up with a better reason to continue fighting in Iraq.

They want the US to stop bombing in Iraq for the release of Steven Sotloff. I guess there are some prices that will not be paid. The price has been raised from 200K to 130 million. Now it is a price of controlling the governments policy or actions. They know that will not happen. Does it suck for the person that is captive? yes. but they knew what the policy was before they stepped off the plane. If the reporters going into these areas are not ready for the possibility of being taken hostage they should stay at home. The piece of crap bergdahl should have been left to rot and his bones be picked clean by vultures before we spent a dime for him. This has been an issue with the pirates off the coast of Somalia for some time. The price has continually risen as the European countries and even Russians have paid the demands. No longer will wearing "Press" credentials give you a pass in a war zone. It is like wearing a winning lottery ticket around your neck.

I watched the video last night. I was amazed at how calm Foley was right up until it happened.
He spoke on their behalf, but he's been captive long enough that he knows nothing about the atrocities they have been exacting on the people of Iraq.
At the end of the video, they showed another American, and threatened that he would be next if the bombings didn't stop.
His family may as well start making arrangements, because it's not going to happen, nor should it.
These animals are not just a threat to the the people of that region, they are a threat to the entire world.
It's time for our allies and even the more neutrals to pick a side, roll up their sleeves, and get their hands dirty.
This needs to be stopped, NOW!

7akDWA0.jpg

I watched the video last night. I was amazed at how calm Foley was right up until it happened.
He spoke on their behalf, but he's been captive long enough that he knows nothing about the atrocities they have been exacting on the people of Iraq.
At the end of the video, they showed another American, and threatened that he would be next if the bombings didn't stop.
His family may as well start making arrangements, because it's not going to happen, nor should it.
These animals are not just a threat to the the people of that region, they are a threat to the entire world.
It's time for our allies and even the more neutrals to pick a side, roll up their sleeves, and get their hands dirty.

7akDWA0.jpg

I watched it too. I'm pretty sure he was reading from a teleprompter probably under threat of torture and those weren't his thoughts. He was calm and got through his reading, but you could see the tension in his body when his executioner said his piece knowing the knife was coming. God/whoever help that man and the other hostages.

All you guy's that are still focused on Bergdahl need to realize that's its a red herring. Forcing hostages to make public statements on video accompanied with footage of their torture and/or execution is a tactic that has been used for a long while.

ISIS has already legitimatized themselves, through violence and victory over their weaker opponents, and they are now after the big dogs. Given their leveraging of social media which could be considered a psyops campaign against the American people, I'd agree they are very dangerous. I was also reading that these "humanitarian" airstrikes are mainly being used to destroy seized US weapons caches that have fallen into ISIS hands. The situation is looking bad.

I won't watch the video. The scumbag didn't even do a proper muslim beheading, if that knife was used. I knew a Saudi who explained in detail, how a proper execution should be done with one stroke of a heavy sword. They are not even proper Muslims, these scum.

I think we should have paid the ransom with polonium seeded money.

Thats an EXCELLENT idea. Should have left all the tanks and shit they captured from the Iraqis coated in it.

I think Mr. Foley had to read that statement to save Mr. Sotlofs life, for the moment.

I would love to eat some pork blood sausages and shit all over them.

I dont remember all this fretting when our GI's get killed. Sad for the gent and his family but lets get real here, he volunteered to go there and mix amongst these rats, I dont know about him specifically but 99% of his profession is a dedicated propaganda arm for those against my country and our way of life, 25 years ago they were mouth pieces for the Kremlin, 50 years ago the vietcong, the whole time in between Fidel. Just saying.

And I might add that profession is largely responsible for the form of insane politically correct warfare we are fighting these days.

Last edited:
It is time to call up all of the old and tired B-52 Bombers and carpet and fire bomb all of Iraq until there is nothing left but ants. If good people do not want to die then get the fuck out. Tired of all the diplomacy and bullshit. A billion tons of tnt is good for business anyway. Sorry if this sounds cold, I just don't give a fuck about these roaches anymore.

It is time to call up all of the old and tired B-52 Bombers and carpet and fire bomb all of Iraq until there is nothing left but ants. If good people do not want to die then get the fuck out. Tired of all the diplomacy and bullshit. A billion tons of tnt is good for business anyway. Sorry if this sounds cold, I just don't give a fuck about these roaches anymore.

Ants? I wouldn't leave the fucking ants.

Glass.

These fuck-sticks are 2 grandsons out of the fucking desert.

We could roll them up in 4 days.

Jihad. Works both ways, motherfuckers.

They know one thing. A fucking hammer.

I love how these dickheads cover themselves in a dress & balaclava,not because it's their uniform but because deep down they know what they're doing is wrong & therefore are frightened of the consequences of their actions.
It's hardcore to take on the weak & defenceless isn't it?

I dont remember all this fretting when our GI's get killed. Sad for the gent and his family but lets get real here, he volunteered to go there and mix amongst these rats, I dont know about him specifically but 99% of his profession is a dedicated propaganda arm for those against my country and our way of life, 25 years ago they were mouth pieces for the Kremlin, 50 years ago the vietcong, the whole time in between Fidel. Just saying.

And I might add that profession is largely responsible for the form of insane politically correct warfare we are fighting these days.

ArmyJerry is correct here. Most of the media is super liberal/political correct/mostly looking for ratings (money). The P.C. media does not shed a tear if some US soldiers are killed, and often even appear to say the troops deserved it. However when one of theirs enters someone else's civil war, and is killed, they act like it is an abomination. I am sorry for Foley, but not as sorry as I am for allied soldiers getting it.

I hope Foley's death is a learning lesson for some of the bleeding heart media types, and their readers. Perhaps they might start to understand what sort of evil we are up against over there.

I'm inclined to agree with c1steve and Jerry. As they said though i do feel sorry for the man. Also agree that the only form of communication these types of people understand is the very same type they use to get to us: violence. I believe it was an older thread on here but i remember a member mentioning how that region only seemed to remain somewhat stable when they were under totalitarian rule. Funny that i never questioned why.

IMHO there is no room on this earth for these types of extremist. Extermination of them would be appropriate, though fighting fire with fire.

It would be horrid sure, but it would be doing a lot of the world a favor.
113988.jpg

Who did James Foley work for ? What was he doing there ?

Last edited:
I think we should have paid the ransom with polonium seeded money.

Genius. Pure genius. It'd kill every fucking one that handled it, effectively taking out the top dogs that handle all the money. I bet there's other genius ways to use it too, and I bet we could even get Russian polonium and then just deny it, using middle men.

I don't know how I feel about paying for hostages... It does need to be reviewed for sure. We pay tons of money for completely useless shit over there, even arming the enemy with billions in hardware, and then whine about paying to get one of our own back? You can bet your ass that if any politician was taken, his ass would be ransomed ASAP. It may be quiet, but you can be assured they won't release a politician for free. When they started all this shit, I recall Ross Perot going in and getting his own men. Why not let Time Magazine pay for it? Hell, it should be law. If Time Magazine is willing to send this man in harms way with no weapons and no support, and is willing to profit highly off his exploits, then they should be responsible for the rare instances of capture. Will it make it go up? Perhaps. But it may also cap the limit for a reporter, who isn't worth as much as the politician. And soldiers? We need to do whatever it takes to get our guys back, I don't give a fuck who it is. I've met POW's. Not the warhawk McCain types, but guys totally fucked up by their torture and experience all these years later. We owe it to them. As much money as we blow, we can afford to get these guys back.

It doesn't have to be policy. It can be quiet. But it needs to be done. And besides, by paying the ransom, you get tons of USEFUL intel about the bad guys that can be used in later strikes. It's totally worth it IMO. We'll blow the money anyway, but this way we get back out guy and get to blow the shit out of legitimate terrorists later. Or poison them. Or track them to a meeting and take out the next big ISIS gathering. You get the idea.

I'm glad Bergdahl wants to go to college. He earned it. I don't know why the FNG stepped off the base, but it could have to do with hazing, which does happen in the infantry. I doubt he thought he'd be taken just outside the wire. Who knows. But I seriously doubt the last few years have been, uh, good ones. I'm also positive we're tracking the people we let go. Bet on it.

The reason the people look calm before execution and read the stuff is that prior they are generally told that if they fuck it up, they'll shut off the cameras, torture the shit out of 'em, let 'em heal and try again next month. And if they fuck that up, again. They look calm because they generally are given drugs like benzodiazepines, barbiturates, opioids or a combination, in order to make them appear calm. In some instances, they don't give them anything and cut their heads off with a dull 8" kitchen knife. Brutal. The fear and pain is obvious and it takes time with a dull knife, several seconds to get through the wind pipe, another several to sever the arteries and veins, and nearly a minute to get to the spine, which is protected by bone in the neck. VERY painful and slow looking. This was done to a truck driver I believe in 2002.

Companies need to pay for their guys, the profit off them being in those areas. Governments need to handle their soldiers. Nobody says payback isn't coming. Just get the guys back for now. I'd want it for my family and you'd want it for yours if it really happened.

If anyone is to blame, its Obama and our State Department.

Obama and his groupies decide to Fund and support the Arab Spring. They funnel money and weapons to the same idealogical groups, as AQ and the ones we have been fighting with for 30+ years.

Then, They turn around and start kicking the piss out of Iraq (beacuse Arab's are pussies) and now we are fighting the very people we stood up, armed, funded and let operate.

What is the real reason that Stevens was in bengazi?..........Its not like he had a meeting scheduled with the Turkish Ambasator (the same guy who was funneling money through Dubai and the Saudis to arm these groups)......

I couldn't give two fucks about Foley......Dumb cocksucker got himself killed. Probally was a liberal fucktard anyway........

Take every variable(history, culture, idealolgy, predictability,ect) and throw it into a forumla and the only awnser is to eradicate the ME and that culture. We will be fighting these fucks for the next 1000 years, and will lose if we do not harden the fuck up and take care of business. Full scale 100% Total War. Men , women, children, dogs, camels, goats anything that fucking moves in that AO needs to be future oil reserves. Its not a war against the West, its a War for Survival of the West.

Genius. Pure genius. It'd kill every fucking one that handled it, effectively taking out the top dogs that handle all the money. I bet there's other genius ways to use it too, and I bet we could even get Russian polonium and then just deny it, using middle men.

I don't know how I feel about paying for hostages... It does need to be reviewed for sure. We pay tons of money for completely useless shit over there, even arming the enemy with billions in hardware, and then whine about paying to get one of our own back? You can bet your ass that if any politician was taken, his ass would be ransomed ASAP. It may be quiet, but you can be assured they won't release a politician for free. When they started all this shit, I recall Ross Perot going in and getting his own men. Why not let Time Magazine pay for it? Hell, it should be law. If Time Magazine is willing to send this man in harms way with no weapons and no support, and is willing to profit highly off his exploits, then they should be responsible for the rare instances of capture. Will it make it go up? Perhaps. But it may also cap the limit for a reporter, who isn't worth as much as the politician. And soldiers? We need to do whatever it takes to get our guys back, I don't give a fuck who it is. I've met POW's. Not the warhawk McCain types, but guys totally fucked up by their torture and experience all these years later. We owe it to them. As much money as we blow, we can afford to get these guys back.

It doesn't have to be policy. It can be quiet. But it needs to be done. And besides, by paying the ransom, you get tons of USEFUL intel about the bad guys that can be used in later strikes. It's totally worth it IMO. We'll blow the money anyway, but this way we get back out guy and get to blow the shit out of legitimate terrorists later. Or poison them. Or track them to a meeting and take out the next big ISIS gathering. You get the idea.

I'm glad Bergdahl wants to go to college. He earned it. I don't know why the FNG stepped off the base, but it could have to do with hazing, which does happen in the infantry. I doubt he thought he'd be taken just outside the wire. Who knows. But I seriously doubt the last few years have been, uh, good ones. I'm also positive we're tracking the people we let go. Bet on it.

The reason the people look calm before execution and read the stuff is that prior they are generally told that if they fuck it up, they'll shut off the cameras, torture the shit out of 'em, let 'em heal and try again next month. And if they fuck that up, again. They look calm because they generally are given drugs like benzodiazepines, barbiturates, opioids or a combination, in order to make them appear calm. In some instances, they don't give them anything and cut their heads off with a dull 8" kitchen knife. Brutal. The fear and pain is obvious and it takes time with a dull knife, several seconds to get through the wind pipe, another several to sever the arteries and veins, and nearly a minute to get to the spine, which is protected by bone in the neck. VERY painful and slow looking. This was done to a truck driver I believe in 2002.

Companies need to pay for their guys, the profit off them being in those areas. Governments need to handle their soldiers. Nobody says payback isn't coming. Just get the guys back for now. I'd want it for my family and you'd want it for yours if it really happened.

Rule # 1.... NEVER GET TAKEN ALIVE.

Thats exactly the response the puppetmasters are hoping most Americans will have...it bolsters their argument that we must invade Syria to crush this dreaded IS, ISIS, ISIL or whatever the definition of IS is...hey where have I heard that before:rolleyes: But wait if we take out ISIS in Syria...who will topple Assad? The MSM is already trotting out, as if on cue, the talking heads to sell the march to Syria. They couldn't convince us with their planned gas attack...so onto the next retalitory strike. Don't forget these are the same militants that McCain was cuddling with all his cloak and dagger buddies.
Untitled-82.jpg

Thats exactly the response the puppetmasters are hoping most Americans will have...it bolsters their argument that we must invade Syria to crush this dreaded IS, ISIS, ISIL or whatever the definition of IS is...hey where have I heard that before:rolleyes: But wait if we take out ISIS in Syria...who will topple Assad? The MSM is already trotting out, as if on cue, the talking heads to sell the march to Syria. They couldn't convince us with their planned gas attack...so onto the next retalitory strike. Don't forget these are the same militants that McCain was cuddling with all his cloak and dagger buddies.
View attachment 47268[

I think it is crazy that some people think 9/11 was a planned event by the U.S. but this killing could have easily been pulled off by the U.S. to get us back in the war./QUOTE]

First off Foley was a pro terrorist. Read his twitter feed. They killed him. He actively went to go and find some of these folks. I guess he found the wrong Religion of Peace group. He got killed. Why is he getting all this attention? I don't know is he like the guy in Missouri who got shot??? I'm being very sarcastic here. I think some people don't understand the world. Most Americans have never been out of the U.S. and have no idea of the brutality and cruelty in this world. I honestly think some of these folks think the principle is gonna show up and stop the bullies.

Ants? I wouldn't leave the fucking ants.

Glass.

These fuck-sticks are 2 grandsons out of the fucking desert.

We could roll them up in 4 days.

Jihad. Works both ways, motherfuckers.

They know one thing. A fucking hammer.

Maybe some termidor sc? For the ants

Gents,total war means total war, our leadership,in the mil and on our civilian side don't have the stomach nor the back bone (balls) for that. I dont think our population has the back bone for it either, we have become a pussified imitation of a European country. It will take a tragic event of epic proportion here in our own homeland to get this country to man the fk up and do what needs doing.

View attachment 47268

Im no fan of dictators but the "strong men" are able to keep the lid on the cauldrons of boiling shit they rule over.

Unless the war hawks have a plan to fill the vacuum enough is enough.

I wonder if a homing beacon could be surgically implanted in people that wave a high risk of kidnapping ??

How long wold it take for them them to figure out every time the kidnapped some one we were kicking there door down within 24 hours. And leaving no survivors

Gents,total war means total war, our leadership,in the mil and on our civilian side don't have the stomach nor the back bone (balls) for that. I dont think our population has the back bone for it either, we have become a pussified imitation of a European country. It will take a tragic event of epic proportion here in our own homeland to get this country to man the fk up and do what needs doing.

We let that opportunity slip away directly after 9-11. The entire world held their breath as they waited for the response from the sleeping giant who had been awakened.
The giant yawned, farted, scratched his balls, and went back to sleep.
No one who mattered would have blamed us if we had flattened Afghanistan.

General Black Jack Pershing knew how to deal with these scum . He had 100 muslime prisoners tied to the exection poles , had his men bring the hogs in , then slaughtered the pigs , had his men take their ammo and soak in in the pigs blood ,where the prisoners could see it all , then proceded with executeing 99 of the 100 . He let the last one go , guess he went and told his commrades because the General had no more muslime problems , that would be a video!

i dont remember all this fretting when our gi's get killed. Sad for the gent and his family but lets get real here, he volunteered to go there and mix amongst these rats, i dont know about him specifically but 99% of his profession is a dedicated propaganda arm for those against my country and our way of life, 25 years ago they were mouth pieces for the kremlin, 50 years ago the vietcong, the whole time in between fidel. Just saying.

And i might add that profession is largely responsible for the form of insane politically correct warfare we are fighting these days.

aman.......... Reporters don`t belong in war zones.......

If a reporter enters a war zone he is asking for trouble if it is not armed. I am sure in his case if it would have made a difference except he could have sent one, two or more to heaven and their virgins who must be ugly as hell.

Sometimes I wonder if all this stuff going down, is happening because we plan for it to happen this way??

I can say for certain that any "American" heading over to "see the world" and spending time with insurgents should be shot dead on attempt to reenter the US. Im not saying kill reporters, but anyone who travels over there and is verified to be aiding the enemy should be killed with more effort than the original enemies themselves.

Im not one to say whether we go to war or not, but if we do, we better take the GD gloves off and start playing for keeps! Seems to me these folks think they have a monopoly on brutal violence, or atleast thats how its portrayed. Reckon it may be time to prove that reality is to the contrary. Its like we go to all this trouble to start shit, but then try to finish it with one arm tied behind our back.

Far as Mr Foley, we need more reporters like Mr Joe Galloway. IMO reporters should be trained and equipped to fight when necessary, but then that wouldnt be PC enough and Mr Foley here appears to be made up of a much softer grit than what is needed to deal with people like these.