• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

James Yeager on Mosin Nagant PU (Language Warning!)

That is one ignorant individual. No excuse for that degree of stupidity and he is on my "disregard his opinion list".

If a Mosin can not shoot MOA or better how come I have a lots of targets showing just that, and as small as 0.39 inches at 100 yds, 5 shots? How come I have seen dozens of targets posted on gunboards by folks I know that are sub-MOA out to 600 plus yds? How did Simo H. kill 500 Soviets and become the highest scoring sniper in the history of the world? Why did tens of thousands of Germans die shot by Mosin snipers? Why was Carlos H. so concerned about his foes and had the sense to know his foe could just take him out, the Cobra and the lady sniper he countersnipered, among others? Never underestimate the enemy. The Germans learned to not underestimate the Mosin sniper and one of their top snipers, among others, used one. Also, bear in mind, Mosin snipers include the VZ 54/91. The PU is on the lower end of Soviet snipers. Ever fired a PEM or PE. How about the M52s or the VZ rifles? Mosins have won international competition on many occasions. The guy has no knowledge.

When somebody like this idiot spouts such bull they loose their crediability. This guy has ZERO IMO. You gotta wonder how many Mosin snipers he has fired and what ammo he used. Having fired about 40 I am sure he is FOS. I have fired a few Rem. 700s too, and they are good rifles. They were in short supply in WW2 and Korea, like non-existant.

I only hope his supidity cost him in his pocketbook as well as his reputation. Acts have consequences and he deserves some serious consequences IMO.

Last edited:
That guy is revolting. And, it's just not this video that proves he is an arrogant horses ass. His limited use of the English language is off-putting on so many levels.

lol'd about as much as I thought I would. I lasted 2 minutes and couldn't take it anymore.

I don't even know where to begin.

"Its not a sniper rifle!! OMG!!!" - So what exactly is a sniper rifle? I saw someone on here once say that in order to build a sniper rifle, you needed to start with the sniper attachment and those are built in the Army or USMC. So with Yeager's rationale, me shooting a hot pink 22 cricket at MOA makes it a sniper rifle. Nice going genius.

" It won't shoot MOA. It's not a sniper rifle. It'll shoot all day but its not accurate". - I actually have a 91/30 ex sniper. With Russian surplus 54R I can readily get 1-1.5 MOA. Fine, it's not one of my rifles that can shoot .5 or whatever but here is where the gear over application (hardware vs software) mentality fails once again; even at 2 MOA that's 20 inches at 1000 yards; the average male torso is roughly 18 inches wide. Your optics would be more of a limiting factor and even more so your ability then the rifle/ammo would be. Remember, we're not trying to hit the guy in the nose 5 times. We just want to get a good round out on him; 18 inches wide by roughly 48 inches high (assuming 6 foot tall, 4 feet from the thighs up) is more than doable with even a 2+ MOA rifle. While your first round hit capability may not be as high as with a super custom modern rifle, it's not a scenario I'd want to be on the receiving end of.

If this guy understood anything besides how NOT to work a clutch and the tactical art of ditch diving he would understand how stupid his comments are and only make it blatantly obvious that he has zero actual training in any form of marksmanship or engaging targets at distance in a combat scenario.

Would I bring a 91/30 to shoot? Not if I had something better. Would it work at ranges of >700 yards if needed; yes.

This idiots lack of historical knowledge is second only to his 'command' of the English language! I was always under the impression that rifles used by snipers (especially in large numbers as the MN was used by the Soviets in WWII) constituted a sniper rifle.

Would anyone care to point out that the rifle he is touting as a sniper rifle is by most definitions considered a hunting rifle? With a scope that was state of the art several decades ago?

If this guy understood anything besides how NOT to work a clutch and the tactical art of ditch diving he would understand how stupid his comments are and only make it blatantly obvious that he has zero actual training in any form of marksmanship or engaging targets at distance in a combat scenario.

It boggles my mind that people give money to be trained by this narcissistic poser who has proven he can't "tactically respond".

I watched some of his other videos. The Alan Colmes interview was interesting. Sounds like he stuck his foot in his mouth and was ready to shoot at and overthrow the government. He got involved in the Bundy thing and got a bit radical. He back petaled quite a bit since then, including an apology. He is former LE, no military experience. He has an opinion and must work out. Lots of tatoos. Not much there IMO.

A PU may not measure up to a custom Model 700 with amazing scope in 308 but one best not be on the muzzle end of one if the shooter is capable, has good ammo and knows the rifle. Like I said, Carlos knew he had a serious rival and acted accordingly. He admitted on camera that he would have been done/dead had he not been just a tiny bit quicker on the trigger. How else would he have shot through the PU scope without hitting it inside if that scope was not exactly pointed at him?

There are plenty of reason to not be a fan, but on the scale of things this rates pretty low. He told you up front he is ignorant of LR shooting and ostensibly LR weapons.

The guy has turned the attention from the ditch incident into a career b/c people give him attention (even negative attention makes him money). Stop paying attention to him.

Then he can go back to his regular gig: Buck Angel® Pioneering Filmmaker, Speaker, and Advocate The Official Fan Site!

I laughed so hard that I have gone back to watch the rant just to laugh about it again. I'm actually really quite surprised it got under people's skin. If you have a myosin that shoots, great. If you don't, great. I've seen much more disturbing things on the internet

I am no Mosin fan but I believe they probably killed more folks in hands of snipers than any other single rifle from WWII to Vietnam. That earns it a lot of credibility. I don't like ergonomics of it but they shoot well and have a dam good caliber going down the bore

The Remington 700 with Leupold scope is still the base sniper rifle for most sniper rifles in US. Nothing wrong with that.

This all goes back to fear the man with one rifle.

What a foul mouth pig. I started the video with my three year old Son in the room Took me about five seconds to get it shut down. That was about seven F-bombs. I guess after a case of Budwiser in adult company it might be funny to watch this idiot demonstrate his buffoonery.

diverdon, sorry about that, added language warning to the original post.

If you like Mosins, it really does not matter what anyone says. Some like them, some actually "hate" them and the idea of putting money into them. It would be silly to compare a MN to a modern weapon system, as the MN was designed years before any of the modern sniper rifles. There were cranked out by the millions, to include some built by Remington and Westinghouse.

This love hate relationship has been going on for about 100 years or more, as all of the surplus Remmy and Westinghouse rifles were sold to American Civilians for $3 a piece in the late 1920's, then more and more imports after the wars.

I like them for what they are, a fun and durable rifle. The great thing is you can walk up to a pile of broken Mosins and scrap together one functional rifle as all of the parts are interchangeable (bolt pieces, stocks, triggers)

The MN in the hands of a capable shooter can be as/more effective than a modern $10k rifle in the hands of a "100Y bughole" shooter. Its all about the guy behind the sights and the object on the other side.

Last edited:
It was Carlos that told me a Russian woman was a much better sniper then he was and that she had about ten times the confirmed kills.

The problem I have with her rifle is the rounds are berdan primed.

She may have tuned the barrel length to match the bullets issued to her as a way to acquire the tight groups.

It was Carlos that told me a Russian woman was a much better sniper then he was and that she had about ten times the confirmed kills.

The problem I have with her rifle is the rounds are berdan primed.

She may have tuned the barrel length to match the bullets issued to her as a way to acquire the tight groups.

Carlos was probably talking about Ludmilla P.. She had over 300 confirmed kills and was welcomed to the White House on her US bond tour. She had a large number of countersniper kills. He also faced a female sniper in Nam. He took her out when she returned from a pottie break.

There are plenty of boxer primed 54r ammo on the market today. There is no factory made ammo with boxer primers as good as the Soviet "Extra Match" IMO.

Not quite fair to compare a rifle adopted in 1891, that basically remained unchaged, with a modern bolt action.
I dare say the MN in scoped configuration, has killed far more people than all other sniper rifles combined.

Somewhere there is a video of modern day Finnish soldiers competing with vintage match MNs. They are amazingly fast and accurate with stock iron sights.

Carlos was probably talking about Ludmilla P.. She had over 300 confirmed kills and was welcomed to the White House on her US bond tour. She had a large number of countersniper kills. He also faced a female sniper in Nam. He took her out when she returned from a pottie break.

There are plenty of boxer primed 54r ammo on the market today. There is no factory made ammo with boxer primers as good as the Soviet "Extra Match" IMO.

Yup - Ludmilla Pavlichenko. We've let so many very important people in history die without ever talking to them as much as we should have.

That woman CH shot while squatting and pissing wasn't a sniper (at least not most notorious for that). She was called "the apache" and her gig was capture and torture.

IIRC it was the only one Carlos ever put a second round into. Not because he had to..... because he WANTED to.

--Fargo007

Last edited:
I've made good hits at 600 with a Moisin and surplus.
It's no joke and hits hard.
I would not want an intelligent, crafty individual shooting one at me at any range.
I'm afraid, for Mr Yeager the opposite is the case and ,you could give him any rifle he saw in Recoil and he'd get schooled by a sniper with a Moisin.
Edit:
I guess exactly what Gunfighter14e2 said.

Yup - Ludmilla Pavlichenko. We've let so many very important people in history die without ever talking to them as much as we should have.

That woman CH shot while squatting and pissing wasn't a sniper (at least not most notorious for that). She was called "the apache" and her gig was capture and torture.

IIRC it was the only one Carlos ever put a second round into. Not because he had to..... because he WANTED to.

--Fargo007

Yes, He told me that she tortured a friend of his and that is why he was pissed.

"One shot one kill first round hits are great and all, but we really focused on our second followup shot."

I want to attend a course or match where they focus mainly on misses...

lol'd about as much as I thought I would. I lasted 2 minutes and couldn't take it anymore.

I don't even know where to begin.

"Its not a sniper rifle!! OMG!!!" - So what exactly is a sniper rifle? I saw someone on here once say that in order to build a sniper rifle, you needed to start with the sniper attachment and those are built in the Army or USMC. So with Yeager's rationale, me shooting a hot pink 22 cricket at MOA makes it a sniper rifle. Nice going genius.

" It won't shoot MOA. It's not a sniper rifle. It'll shoot all day but its not accurate". - I actually have a 91/30 ex sniper. With Russian surplus 54R I can readily get 1-1.5 MOA. Fine, it's not one of my rifles that can shoot .5 or whatever but here is where the gear over application (hardware vs software) mentality fails once again; even at 2 MOA that's 20 inches at 1000 yards; the average male torso is roughly 18 inches wide. Your optics would be more of a limiting factor and even more so your ability then the rifle/ammo would be. Remember, we're not trying to hit the guy in the nose 5 times. We just want to get a good round out on him; 18 inches wide by roughly 48 inches high (assuming 6 foot tall, 4 feet from the thighs up) is more than doable with even a 2+ MOA rifle. While your first round hit capability may not be as high as with a super custom modern rifle, it's not a scenario I'd want to be on the receiving end of.

Would I bring a 91/30 to shoot? Not if I had something better. Would it work at ranges of >700 yards if needed; yes.

You forgot the fine art of abandoning teammates to die...

You're first problem is that you actually watch his video's. my grandma is nore tactical than this guy. Such an assclown.

You're first problem is that you actually watch his video's. my grandma is nore tactical than this guy. Such an assclown.

Say sir, you ever run into any of the Edinburgh Risk guys overseas(including our tactical hero here)?

Also, DSS, I know this is a bit off topic, but would the 1st Recon Battalion(ala "Generation Kill" fame) be considered Force Recon Marines?

Say sir, you ever run into any of the Edinburgh Risk guys overseas(including our tactical hero here)?

Also, DSS, I know this is a bit off topic, but would the 1st Recon Battalion(ala "Generation Kill" fame) be considered Force Recon Marines?

FORCON is a company within the battalion. just like you have Alpha, Bravo, headquarters companies. 1st Recon is just the reconnaissance battalion for the 1st division. Within 1st recon battalion you'd also have a force reconnaissance company that has more specialized training.

James Yeager is one of the most obnoxious tools on the face of the earth.

Like most of life's problems, I believe that the solution is simply to ignore him until he goes away.

So did he just gain traction under the anonymity of the early 2000's internet?
How is this guy remotely relevant?

What a "Maroon" ! I absolutely love it when people underestimate the capabilities of both my "antique", (not really) and the old grey-haired guy takin it out of the case . Wonder if Mr. Super-expert would like to be on the "receivin" end of my Non-sniper at about 7-800 mtrs. Maybe it would adjust his ignorance level because he has absolutely no knowledge of history .
Had the honor and priviledge of getting to meet Gunny Hadcock , in-country , and share a beverage . Out-F-in-Standing Marine . And Hunter !

I would like to start this post by saying that I do not think I am in complete agreement with Mister Yeager. I would, however, like to voice a somewhat similar sounding argument that I'm sure many on here can agree with. While I don't think it is the same argument that Yeager is making, it may have the same underlying principle and Yeager is too much of a moron too realize that he is no different than the Mosin owners he is cutting down.

For awhile on this site , there was a consistent backlash against certain persons. These people would get a scoped heavy barrel bolt gun and call themselves snipers. Naturally, the savvy members of this site shouted them down quite quickly. There are also accounts of people spray painting their hunting rifle and calling themselves snipers and they too got laughed down by the members of this site, as they deserved, for being morons. I think Mister Yeager actually falls into this group. Also in this group, are people who buy a random Mosin Nagant, get an ATI stock and scope mount, a BSA Tactical scope they probably got at Walmart, and start calling themselves snipers and their POS Mosin a sniper rifle. I think most on here would agree that those guys are f*#$twits and their Mosin Nagants definitely are not sniper rifles. However, Mister Yeager, dumbass that he is, lumped owners of actual Mosin Nagant Sniper rifles and owners of well built Mosin Nagant rifles in with the above idiots while simultaneously failing to realize that he, with his "sniper rifle" Remington 700, is no better than the idiot at the gun range blasting away at 25yds with his POS Mosin "build." Food for thought. Speaking of food, it's lunchtime. Bye for now.

I've watched plenty of good young shooters with their big-buck rigs , punchin out fantastic groups on a piece of paper , but those same fine outstanding young marksmen get that deer in the head-lights look when they "think" they have a "real" human target down range. Used to call it "Buck Fever" when a deer was involved..
A solid Operator will put himself and his weapon in the proper place , at the proper time . Whether it's a Mosin , or a Rem 700 , or a .22 from Sears . To qoute Clint Eastwood , "A man's got to know his limitations" ! That goes for rifles , also . But Vasilly took one at 1,357 meters with one of those old , antique , low-tech rifles . And he didn't even have a spotter , or balistic calculator , or L.E.D. range finder . How did we ever manage to make a shot ....back in the "Olden-days" ..?

Just like a bass rising to the splash of a jitter-bug it's only natural to react to the "stimulus" that Mr. Yeager provides. He's a showman who relies on shock to draw an audience.

I'll make no comment here about Mr. Yeager's personal appearance, his foul language or his questionable past. Those topics have been pretty well covered.

Let's look past all of that and examine his premise:

"A fukin' Mosin Nagant isn't a god damn sniper rifle."

Ok, we all know that on first examination Mr. Yeager is wrong historically. We've all heard of Vassili Zaitsev, Simo Haya and Ludmilla Pavlichenko. These people put the Mosin Nagant to work as a sniper rifle during the Great Patriotic and the Russo-Finish wars of the mid 20th century. Later this same rifle was pressed into service by clients of the Soviet Union in Korea and Viet Nam. So simply based upon the historical record Mr. Yeager is wrong in his assertion.

However, I think that what Mr. Yeager was trying to say was that the aging Mosin Nagant rifles are not on the same level technologically as those rifle systems currently being manufactured.

Although the Mosin Nagant can be made to shoot well enough to strike a target at long range it is patently obvious that today's rifle systems are of superior design and performance. A rifle brought into service in 1891 is hardly on a par with something produced by Accuracy International, Sako, FN or Remington today. Frankly to argue otherwise is evidence of intellectual bankruptcy.

So in this particular case Mr. Yeager may be correct but he'll never be right.

Just like a bass rising to the splash of a jitter-bug it's only natural to react to the "stimulus" that Mr. Yeager provides. He's a showman who relies on shock to draw an audience.

I'll make no comment here about Mr. Yeager's personal appearance, his foul language or his questionable past. Those topics have been pretty well covered.

Let's look past all of that and examine his premise:

"A fukin' Mosin Nagant isn't a god damn sniper rifle."

Ok, we all know that on first examination Mr. Yeager is wrong historically. We've all heard of Vassili Zaitsev, Simo Haya and Ludmilla Pavlichenko. These people put the Mosin Nagant to work as a sniper rifle during the Great Patriotic and the Russo-Finish wars of the mid 20th century. Later this same rifle was pressed into service by clients of the Soviet Union in Korea and Viet Nam. So simply based upon the historical record Mr. Yeager is wrong in his assertion.

However, I think that what Mr. Yeager was trying to say was that the aging Mosin Nagant rifles are not on the same level technologically as those rifle systems currently being manufactured.

Although the Mosin Nagant can be made to shoot well enough to strike a target at long range it is patently obvious that today's rifle systems are of superior design and performance. A rifle brought into service in 1891 is hardly on a par with something produced by Accuracy International, Sako, FN or Remington today. Frankly to argue otherwise is evidence of intellectual bankruptcy.

So in this particular case Mr. Yeager may be correct but he'll never be right.

The gun does not make a sniper. I'm about 98% sure I could out shoot that turd with any weapon.

If you want to know more about this guy go to Google and type in James Yeager is....auto-complete never got it more right than this one. People who are responsible for the death of teammates should not be giving tactical advice.