• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Jard Savage Centerfire Trigger System

neeltburn

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 23, 2013
South Western Indiana
Has anyone ran the newer Jard Centerfire Trigger system for Savage 10 actions? Link to trigger. I like the system replaces the factory sear. My rifle is a bottom bolt release in an @XLR Industries element. The trigger is offered in 07-12oz and 13-18oz. My other bolt gun triggers are set around the 10oz mark so I think I am leaning to the 07-12oz but would like to hear real world experience on the trigger before dropping 220 bones on it. The rifle was built by Southern Indiana Precision and shoots great. It would be a local match rifle for our local PRS type matches so I want to ensure it runs without slam fires at the desired pull weight. Currently I have a Rifle basix SAV-1 in it and it just isnt quite what I am used to or like. Any input would be great.

Reactions: XLR Industries
Has anyone ran the newer Jard Centerfire Trigger system for Savage 10 actions? Link to trigger. I like the system replaces the factory sear. My rifle is a bottom bolt release in an @XLR Industries element. The trigger is offered in 07-12oz and 13-18oz. My other bolt gun triggers are set around the 10oz mark so I think I am leaning to the 07-12oz but would like to hear real world experience on the trigger before dropping 220 bones on it. The rifle was built by Southern Indiana Precision and shoots great. It would be a local match rifle for our local PRS type matches so I want to ensure it runs without slam fires at the desired pull weight. Currently I have a Rifle basix SAV-1 in it and it just isnt quite what I am used to or like. Any input would be great.
I have the jard 13-18 ounce in my rifle and for a savage it’s the best uprgrade over the accutrigger that I’ve found. I tried the elf, Timney and rifle basix. The elf I did not like at all I thought it was a down broader from the accutrigge(my opinion). The Timney was good but I could make it safe and be lighter than 2lbs ( maybe others had a different experience) that was my only complaint was the weight. Rifle basix set screws seemed to keep moving when being fired so even though it was good it didn’t want to stay set the way I liked it. The jard has been great so far. Getting it set right took some effort but it’s been a dream just below 1lb and hasn’t changed over a few hundred rounds yet. It was interesting to me since it was a self contained unit without reusing the factory sear. High quality but alittle pricey for a savage trigger. I recommend it but I will say take the time to play with all the set screws to get it right, out of the box it needs adjustment.

Reactions: spamassassin
Just got mine in and played with. Fantastic trigger. Setup is pretty easy, tuning is too but requires a few different sizes of TEENSIE TINY ITTY BITT allen keys. Would have been nice if they'd picked one allen key size. Since it replaces the sear it's not beholden to that design and they really did a bang up job. I have no creep, no take-up, minimal over travel and a working safety with a sub-1lbs trigger pull and no bloody blade in the middle. I gather they had some teething problems when they were first introduced but it looks to me like they worked all that out. Took me about 1 minute to install and about 15 minutes to tune.

Just got mine in and played with. Fantastic trigger. Setup is pretty easy, tuning is too but requires a few different sizes of TEENSIE TINY ITTY BITT allen keys. Would have been nice if they'd picked one allen key size. Since it replaces the sear it's not beholden to that design and they really did a bang up job. I have no creep, no take-up, minimal over travel and a working safety with a sub-1lbs trigger pull and no bloody blade in the middle. I gather they had some teething problems when they were first introduced but it looks to me like they worked all that out. Took me about 1 minute to install and about 15 minutes to tune.
Mine took a little final adjusting of the safety screw in the back to remove all overtravel just as a heads up. Mine has to take up and no overtravel that I can detect at all and yes it definitely took micro adjustments to get it just right but was worth the little bit of extra effort

Reactions: spamassassin