• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Jard Set Trigger for Remington 700

BLDTYLRY

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 21, 2011
WA State
Has any tried one of these yet? Opinions? I'm not finding much info on this trigger so I may have to pick one up.

I originally wanted a CZ 527 American in 300BLK because of the threaded barrel, mini-mauser action and the single set trigger. I prefer Remington 700 short-actions because of the upgradeability and if I install a DBM I could run 10-round mags vs the CZ's 5-round mags. Anyways, stumbled across the Jard Set Trigger for the Rem700 which is now my first option. Would probably go with the AAC-SD 300BLK and install it in a Magpul Hunter 700 SA stock with the Magpul DBM and MDT mags.

I can speak only about the Jard trigger. I have one on a Kimber Advanced Tactical II and I think it's a great trigger. It breaks just like it's supposed to with no creep. It is a clean 19 ounce trigger. I have to say that these are probably your best bang for buck triggers.

personally i would just get a Timney calvin elite 2 stage if you want a safe 8oz trigger

Already have a couple of Timney CE's and wanted a set trigger. Ordered the Jard. 2lbs single-stage with a 4oz set trigger.

Received and installed the Jard Set Trigger.

From the factory the single-stage pull weight was right at 4.5lbs even though I ordered a 2lb pull weight. The set pull weight was around 4oz but would trip almost immediately after pushing the trigger into set-mode. Emailed Jard and got a response the next day.

Adjusted the single-stage and set trigger per their instructions which is not documented in the manual at all, manual is just an exploded parts list. Now the trigger pull is very inconsistent. 75% of the time it is 3.5lbs, 25% of the time it is 1.5lbs, and the remaining 25% of the time it is 4.5lbs. Set-mode is working 95% of the time. Needless to say I need to talk to Jard again to find out why this happening and how to resolve.

Another observation is the curved trigger is set pretty far back in the Magpul Hunter 700 DBM. Not touching but very very close. The other issue is the bolt catch release lever is very tight inside the trigger cutout on the DBM; it works to release the bolt but does not reset and requires that I "fish" it out with hex wrench otherwise the bolt catch is set in the "open" position and the bolt just slides out. I can use a dremel to free up some space on both issues but I'm going to wait.

Will order another Timney CE two-stage if this doesn't work out. Hoping to hear from Jard soon.