• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

JARD trigger for the MDR

BurnOut

DDOJSIOC
Minuteman
Nov 24, 2013
Dallas
Upon reading in a recent thread that JARD has made an MDR sear assembly and that the folks at DT had played with it and feel that it's a nice piece, I decided to try one out.

IMO, THIS is the trigger that I was expecting (well, hoping for) when reading the initial literature on the MDR a few years ago. I understand why DT went with the trigger that they did (so that the gun would be appropriate for LEO/mil usage as-delivered), but this thing makes a very noticeable improvement in the trigger weight/feel of the weapon. I have not gotten a chance to get to the range yet, as I only installed the new assembly about 30 minutes ago and spent about 15 of that dry-firing the thing and grinning like an idiot... I DID stop short of making "pew, pew" sounds, however.

That said, the installation was as simple and straightforward as any modification I have ever performed on any firearm (noticeably easier, even, than an AR drop-in FCG assembly), and the settings as delivered from JARD work and feel great in my gun (though there are some adjustments that can be made if you so choose). All of that said, it isn't particularly inexpensive at $270, but neither is it really out of line with higher-end drop-in triggers for other platforms... and at this point it certainly seems to me to be an upgrade worth the money and time.

There doesn't seem to be much in the way of user feedback available on this part yet, so I wanted to make sure to throw my $.02 out there.

I have to be honest. I still make the pew-pew sounds. I have since I was 6, I don't think I'll be stopping even when I turn 46. Depending on my mood, I may even simulate full auto pews, knowing I live in a non-MG state, and I always simulate suppressed pews if I have a can on the weapon, how loud the pews are depends on the caliber and can though.

That said, Jard has certainly come a long way. I got an FAL adj. trigger from them years and years ago, it just never worked. It sat for a while, then one day I contacted 'em back up to see if they could fix it. They had me send in the whole rifle but promised to make it work right.

The original Jard FAL trigger was parkerized and not all that nice really. Used the FAL springs and such.

But what they sent back was a new, polished and coated trigger, similar to a Geissele I guess, much smoother with crisp engagement surfaces. It also was more of an AR setup and did not use the FAL springs to function. So now I do have a functional and adj. 2 stage trigger in an FAL, similar to an SSA maybe but adj., easily the best trigger for an FAL you can get.

So yeah, when it comes to putting precision triggers in oddball weapons Geissele, et. al, don't cover, Jard really comes to bat.

And who can bitch about CS like that? They literally unfucked a problem from 8 years ago when the product wasn't even the same, no charge, even included extra spare springs and screws on top of a completely new and redesigned trigger unit. I remember things like that.

Reactions: Texascbr
First AR trigger I ever bought was a Jard.
1-1/2 ld. single stage fully adjustable.
It is still my best trigger I have.
$150.
I have some high dollar triggers but this one (for me) is outstanding

Last edited:
First trigger I ever bought for an Ar-15 was a Jard. Bought a JP once, ended up giving it to a friend. Bought a SSA-E once, ended up giving it to another friend. Have since bought 4 more Jards and will never buy anything else.

Reactions: GONE BAD
I have the rpr triggers from them . I choose these over the timney because they are the only single stage upgrades i could find. they were easy to install and have been rock solid after 1000s of rounds. The customer service is awesome as well . good bunch of folks out there in Iowa! i would recommend them to anyone for sure

Reactions: GONE BAD