• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Jard Trigger Not Compatible With DPMS?

STI_1911_Guy

Sergeant
Supporter
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 1, 2011
Michigan
I was looking for a trigger for my dpms LR-260 and i was looking at the jard triggers on midway and i see in the product description that it says "jard does not recommend using in the DPMS LR-308 rifles" does anybody know why or if its safe. If it wasnt safe or didnt work i would think they would say will not not work not just not recommended. Suggestions on another trigger that works with dpms and is in the 3lbs range would be appreciated.

Re: Jard Trigger Not Compatible With DPMS?

Why don't you contact JARD http://jardinc.com/ for their recommendation on a trigger for the DPMS LR-308. I'm not seeing any warnings on their site against using the trigger in a DPMS rifle. What they do recommend is using the AR-15 trigger for Armalite AR-10's manufactured after 2003 and other brands of 308 AR type rifles. The reason being, from their website: "Please Note:
AR10 trigger kits consist of a narrow width hammer as used on older Armalite weapons, for 2003 and newer Armalite production and other brand AR10 size rifles we recommend the standard AR15 kit with the weighted hammer."

I did not know that JARD recommended against using their AR10 triggers for DPMS LRs....and I installed one in a DPMS a couple of years ago. So far I have not had any issues with it. Looks like the standard JARD AR15 triggers are the recommended solution though.

lr308 uses an ar15 trigger. Just put a geisselle dmr in mine. The only thing I had to do was trim the bottom edge of the trigger to clear the gaurd.

The problem, as I understand it from JARD, is one of inconsistant ignition on military primers because of the light hammer of their trigger units. If you plan on running reloads or commercial, .308 ammo, you will probably be fine. If you plan on running mil surplus or similar ammo, you may have issues.

Personally, I'd get a Geissele (pick one) and be done with it!