• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Precision Rifle Gear Javelin Pro Hunt for Precision Shooting?

Clem

Private
Minuteman
Nov 8, 2019
I've been using a Harris HBRS 6-9" bipod for the last few years and it's served me well. That being said, it's on the heavier and awkward side when it come to backcountry hunting. I'm thinking of investing in a Javelin Pro Hunt bipod as I'm drawn to it's light weight and it's easily attachable/detachable capability.

My question is this: do you think my accuracy would take a hit using the Javelin vs the Harris? Has anyone used both? I'm slowly getting into precision shooting ("precise" is a strong word for what I do) and I'd love to not switch between the two but I realize there's not one bipod that will do it all. I'm shooting on average 0.7 moa groups at 100yds (pending more load development) if that helps.

Thanks in advance for any input.

@Clem: I have the Javelin Pro, and use it on a hunting 223 and 308. The hunting 223 is also my high-round 'trainer' platform.

I like it, have used it on steel to 500 with a 223, and placed in a small local comp with it. However, I wouldn't use it on a dedicated precision comp rig - there's a small amount of play in the mount, and it has a lot of flex if you try to load it.

It's a great item for lightweight hunting, but it's not really a precision tool at all.

For something fairly light that would have more rigidity, it might be worth looking at the Tier One tactical bipod, or the TBAC.

Reactions: Clem