• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

JC Steel targets?

black5.3

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Jun 1, 2017
NC
Hey everyone,

I know I have seen them mentioned on around here and I know their sales go to a good cause. Im looking at buying the 66% double flapper target for pistol work and longer range rifle work. Anyone have experience with this particular target or know of any Snipershide discounts through them?

thanks

Jake runs sales at various times of the year, especially around a holiday. I've bought many targets from Jake over the years and have been completely satisfied with his products, service and pricing.

I bought a rifle from Jake @JC Steel and I can say without a doubt he is one solid guy. Cannot speak on his targets, but he is a good guy to do business with.

Reactions: black5.3
Jake runs sales at various times of the year, especially around a holiday. I've bought many targets from Jake over the years and have been completely satisfied with his products, service and pricing.
My experience mimics Sig’s, fantastic to work with, great cause. Call or email Jake and he will usually offer a SH discount but he also has amazing sales throughout the year. I have a 66% IPSC with a head flapper that has been fantastic even with subsonic 300BLK it still flips around, great design.

Thanks for the kind words folks! Truly appreciate it.
as stated above, we do support some local ministries with a portion of our profits and we/they certainly appreciate it.

OP, the 66% IPSC target with flapper is a great target. Designed for pistol use but a bunch of guys have also beat it up with rifles.
Happy to help!

thanks

My experiences with Jake have all been as good as those posted above. I’ve been using his steel, including for many local matches for more than a few years. It takes a beating.

Just got off the phone with Jake! I decided to call at the recommendation of you guys. I actually called him as he was replying to this thread. Great guy and answered all my questions. Took my order over the phone and applied the discount he has for us Hiders. Even said it might ship out today but if not then it would definitely be on the way tomorrow. Thanks guys and thanks JC Steel. Will update with pics and maybe a review after I receive it!

I’ll echo the same sentiments as described above. Jake was easy to do business w/ & everything arrived on time & no issues whatsoever.

The steel has held up far better than other brands I’ve used in the past. Buy w/ confidence.

Ok guys, im running a day behind but wanted to share my experience so far. As stated above, I placed my order over the phone with Jake after he answered all my questions and was not pushy at all. He even told me about specific weak points on the target I was interested in with certain firing distances/calibers. So the target was ordered on Monday 03/02/2020 and it arrived Thursday 03/05/2020. Box was in great condition considering 30-40 pounds of metal was inside and im sure it was thrown around through the mail system. The target itself was secured to a piece of plywood roughly the size of the box and then heavily shrink wrapped to keep everything tight.... In other words, it was packaged a lot better than I expected. I will admit I have not shot the target yet. Because of my work schedule it might be next monday so I cannot attest to the durability of it but based off others comments, I wont have a problem. The plan is for all pistol stuff from 5 yards-out, my red dot equipped ar’s about 75 yards-100, scoped ar’s from 100-500, and larger caliber stuff(6.5creed and 30-06)from 300-650 which is the farthest I can shoot on my land. Will definitely report back when I have put some rounds on it!
4C5CF50C-20B6-433A-A138-EE1D973EEA12.jpeg
I
7F96539B-8341-4F3E-874D-9E1E2A445D74.jpeg
D631B2B1-39C8-4A16-B9B1-B2205B0D325A.jpeg
41DCA1AA-B17E-4C29-876B-671F8F4E80B8.jpeg
187281C9-0D9B-475B-B117-553ED6DC6776.jpeg

Reactions: Glassaholic
Finally got the chance to put some rounds on the target yesterday... DISCLAIMER... i know the target is not rated for what I am about to share with y’all but I wanted to go ahead and give it hell out of the gate and see the results. I have done a similar firing schedule on other plates and did not get as good results as I did today.. I mounted the target on a t post at 25 yards with a forward angle that did not seem as aggressive as some other targets that are rated for close range shooting. I then expended roughly 90 rounds on the target doing “up” drills with my 12.5” AR. Needless to say I’m impressed. This was with fiocchi 55gr ammo which is hotter than my fmj handloads. Only a few impacts left a very slight indention and that was only in the areas where the target is welded on the back. Again, I know this target Is not rated for this and I will not shoot it at this range with my AR again probably. Only a few impacts slightly snagged my fingernail when dragging it across the plate.. Two thumbs up for JC Steel!
7EE169C0-DD24-48BD-8F50-71CD49473575.jpeg
ADAC0CA9-E1F2-4E07-BBC1-EAD8F3C93B7D.jpeg

Reactions: ksokie
You can also use the same reinforcement theory shipping boolitz/other heavy objects inside the flat rate boxes. I have built a wooden box to fit inside the USPS flat rate box when I ship brass or bullets since the USPS employees are abusive to heavy parcels. Jake's a good dude and I have a BUNCH of his targets.

You can also use the same reinforcement theory shipping boolitz/other heavy objects inside the flat rate boxes. I have built a wooden box to fit inside the USPS flat rate box when I ship brass or bullets since the USPS employees are abusive to heavy parcels. Jake's a good dude and I have a BUNCH of his targets.
Appreciate that Dibbs!