• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

JD ar-10 receivers- any good? Other receiver opt?

robdes

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 5, 2009
Houston, Texas
Anybody use one of these? I am assembling the parts for a DPMS pattern precision 308. I like iron ridge, but I want a forward assist.

http://www.jdmachinetech.com/

Other options for stripped uppers?

BTW-going w/ Rock Creek barrel, DPMS barrel ext, JP hand guard, JP BCG, JP adj gas block.

Re: JD ar-10 receivers- any good? Other receiver opt?

i have two of them you will NOT be dissapointed, AWESOME quality they make some really nice stuff. Rob and jesse are great people, and build some really nice guns.

Joe,
Do you know if they are buiding 308 lowers for the HK 91 mags?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Huckleberry</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Joe,
Do you know if they are buiding 308 lowers for the HK 91 mags? </div></div>

I am currently looking at the JD set up after I had my heart set on the cmmg g3 setup. What steered me clear is that there is no bolt stop for an empty mag, meaning you have to jack the charging handle every time you put a new mag in it.

Just so you know the idea behind the G3 lowers is that you can get mags cheap. ive seen them for just a few dollars.... not worth it to me....

Send it,
One other reason. Measure the inside COAL of a 91 mag. On the 260, the 91 is king.

I'm good with the bolt not locking back. I had a bad experience once with the bolt closing on a full mag and not picking up a round. Feed lip was bent down and I didn't see it until after the hammer landed on dry ground.

i know they are always working on stuff but i'm sure rob wouldn't want me letting any cats out of the bag too early so you'll have to call him and ask. just tell him joe sent ya
laugh.gif

there is another guy doing HK mags on the ar308 platform, but i cant find the link, CMMG is also...