• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Jeffrey Allen, CDi Precision Gunworks, Sarasota, FL

Edsel

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jun 9, 2013

Jeff has been a mainstay for aftermarket DBM options for some time, and has always provided affordable options with free inletting services.

Sadly, he passed away on August 2.

I just spoke with his wife, Sandy, earlier today.

She wants to reassure everyone that whatever items that were sent to the shop previously will eventually be returned, once things settle down.

sorry to hear that news. I met Jeff when i dropped off a stock for bottom metal. he was really a nice guy to deal with.

Wow, that sucks. I've talked to him several times on the phone, he seemed like a great dude.

I had an issue with an inlet Jeff did and he replaced the stock without hesitation, Jeff was a standup guy and I am truly sad to learn of his death.

Reactions: evilsemaj
Very sad to hear. Sent my stock to him last year, and when I told him I had a match coming up he moved my project up about 2 weeks to get it back to me in time. Super friendly on the phone, he will be missed.

I have CDI bottom metal on several of my rifles. Jeff was always happy to answer questions and did great work.
He was a truly nice guy and will be missed greatly.

My sincere condolences to his family.

I was afraid that something like that had happened. I sent an HS Precision Stock to him for inletting and new bottom metal in the middle of July... I talked to him briefly on the 19th of July shortly after the stock arrived at his shop. He said he would process it, do the inletting and turn it right around.... then crickets. That is so out of character for him that it made me wonder if something bad had happened to him or someone in his family.

I would like to have my stock and money back but that seems so trivial in the grand scheme of things.

I've done business with him a number of times over the years. He was always quick to respond and courteous to a fault. The loss of such an individual always leaves a hole in the community.

V/R,
Don Davis

That’s sad to hear. I have an extra DBM that needs to go in a stock and now it won’t get done. Great guy to talk on the phone with and if you ever paid attention to his time stamp on emails you’d realize he wasn’t lazy. 16 and 18 hour days were common for him. He had me call him on a Sunday night at 9:30pm his time to discuss what I wanted done. Every phone conversation ended with “take care brother”.

Very sad to hear this news. I had Jeff do an inlet and on my FN SPR and he did the mod to the action also to get his bottom metal to interface correctly. That was over 10 years ago on the first rifle i ever had built and he was very nice to talk to, easy to get a hold of, and a stand-up guy to do business with. Really hate that hes gone.

Any clues as to what is going to happen with his shop and business? also, he seemed too young to be gone. DO we know anything about the cause of his passing?

Very sad to hear this news. I had Jeff do an inlet and on my FN SPR and he did the mod to the action also to get his bottom metal to interface correctly. That was over 10 years ago on the first rifle i ever had built and he was very nice to talk to, easy to get a hold of, and a stand-up guy to do business with. Really hate that hes gone.

Any clues as to what is going to happen with his shop and business? also, he seemed too young to be gone. DO we know anything about the cause of his passing?

His obit says nothing. Private service by invite only. Hopefully someone local knows.

Very sorry to hear. He installed one of his bottom metals on my Rem 700 308 in February of last year. Was a pleasure doing business with him.

My condolences to his wife and family.

This is very sad to hear. Condolences to his family. I felt like something was wrong when I tried contacting him this last time about my rifle and didn’t get a response. I know it’ll probably take time for his family to send everyone’s products back, but is there a way to reach out to them to change the address of my order? If it were just my stock and the DBM system, I wouldn’t care about getting back, but considering I sent Jeff my entire rifle, it’s a bit worrisome.

Jeff has been a mainstay for aftermarket DBM options for some time, and has always provided affordable options with free inletting services.

Sadly, he passed away on August 2.

I just spoke with his wife, Sandy, earlier today.

She wants to reassure everyone that whatever items that were sent to the shop previously will eventually be returned, once things settle down.

PLEASE contact Sandy and offer our condolences. On that note, LRI is likely one of the few shops that can handle the tempo they likely enjoyed. We would be very happy to assist her during this difficult time. That is a probono offer. I'm not looking to grind someone during something like this. Merely offering to help. I've called a couple times. I imagine they have their hands full.

605.490.2561 and we are happy to help if at all possible. Jeff was one of the good guys.

Sorry for their loss.

C.

I am so sorry to hear this. Jeff was a good and friendly guy, he will be missed. Jeff did a good work on my stock. My condolences to his wife and family.

Did they send you the bottom metal with it? Just no Inletting? Or did they just send the stock back with no bottom metal?

Damn. You’d at least hope they had bottom metal in stock for their orders and could mail them out with the returned stocks.

Condolences to the family and friends. Jeff had done several stocks for me with his bottom metal. All were perfect and his flush fit Model Seven bottom metal was nice for hunting with mags like the Curtis Custom. I'd ordered one online on 8/12 and mailed the complete rifle in for inletting on 8/13. Received a USPS notice that the package was being returned and it arrived back to my home on 8/17. After I'd tried to call and email several times I did a search and found Edsel's post here.....thanks for making it.

I don't know the status on the ordered Model Seven bottom metal and don't want to bother his family with it right now.

Just the stock, as I sent it. No bottom metal.

Is it possible that since you sent it on the 5th they just refused to accept it and it got sent back to you? I suppose a way to tell if that were the case, it would be in the packaging you sent it in with signs that it never got opened.

Just an update: I received a few calls from Sandy on my order. She’s already shipped mine out and gave me the tracking number. If you are waiting for a response, she will get to you and give you her personal contact information to insure that you get everything back to do right by Jeff.

Jeff was as stand up a guy as I have ever met. On every level...solid. He (with Scimitar’s help) was the first and only to market a real AICS option for us stupid FN shooters! The world is short a good one...

I to was in the makings of having him do inletting and metal on my new GSR WARG he was the only fella I could find who could do the job.I hope some one can fill his trade ! God Bless him and his family,

Someone needs to tell her to shut off the online ordering capability of the CDI website. Looking at it last night it appears you could still order bottom metal and ship a gun in and be none the wiser if you didn’t see this thread.

Very sad to hear. He did some awesome work to my stock with bottom metal. A true craftsman with integrity. Condolences to the family.

Someone needs to tell her to shut off the online ordering capability of the CDI website. Looking at it last night it appears you could still order bottom metal and ship a gun in and be none the wiser if you didn’t see this thread.

Yep. Received cc bill yesterday and the order I made on 8/12 was charged. Rifle was returned unopened. I'm not sure if I need to cancel it through the cc company or if there is anyone at CDI to contact.

Please have the decency to allow Jeff’s widow to grieve and attend to things a tad more pressing than a couple delayed cc refunds etc. Jeff was for all intents a one man shop. For those that suggest that others contact Sandy and tell her to take certain action, it would have taken you the same amount of time to send an email as it did for you to post here.

Jeff inletted the stock on the first rifle I ever put together. It was a quick, seamless experience. I received exactly what I ordered, exactly when I was told I would receive it. In my experience since then, that is a huge feat in and of itself. Sad to hear.

Please have the decency to allow Jeff’s widow to grieve and attend to things a tad more pressing than a couple delayed cc refunds etc. Jeff was for all intents a one man shop. For those that suggest that others contact Sandy and tell her to take certain action, it would have taken you the same amount of time to send an email as it did for you to post here.

I did email her just that. And since I don’t have any charges or rifles that need returned I do want to respect her greaving process by not inserting myself into the situation further beyond a simple condolences email with the tip on the website. It’s obvious from this thread that some people are talking to her on the phone. So it would actually be a help to her, and a stress reliever, if someone could help her stop future orders from coming in.

WOW Today I got a phone call from the shipping company to come to the store and pick up my package. I paid for the ride and got my box it was unopened. Thank you Ms. Allen for returning my property. Hope every body gets their back. Jeff was as craftsman and a good stand up a guy. Condolences to the family and again thank you...

Reactions: hseII
I emailed and asked if anyone was or if they were going to at least sell the remaining inventory, granted who knows what that even looks like. I never got a response.
You can still get the bottom metal from EuroOptic and gunbroker for pretty much every model but FN SPR, which sucks, because that’s what I’m looking for.

Wow, I'm shocked to hear this as I am just over the bridge from him. I had only met him once. I drove down and dropped off a Stockade stock for a Savage LA to inlet for his bottom metal and he notched the bottom of my 700 receiver so I could load long.

The inlet was free as was usual for Jeff. I only paid him for the bottom metal and mag. I had dropped off the rifle with some dummy rounds and he even adjusted the mag lips for me.

I had setup this drop off over the phone with him. I went out browsing for a couple of hours at the local shops in Sarasota. He was a really good guy that has gone too soon.