• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Jello for 'wet' suppressor medium????

tspearsrph

Private
Minuteman
Mar 13, 2003
Talladega, AL
anyone every filled up your suppressor with liquid jello, and let it congeal.....instead of using grease or other 'wet'medium? If not,what works best?

tom

Re: Jello for 'wet' suppressor medium????

I don't have the balls to put anything in mine...

I bet it would smell grodey after a few rounds

Really wanna try gel, but haven;t purchased any yet.. I don't see how you could do the jello thing unless you congeal it first thin syringe it in there..

Use Cablelube or Clear Gilde, you can buy it a any hardware store. It is for running cable wiring. I use it and it lowers the sound a lot.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sniper 2230</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Use Cablelube or Clear Gilde, you can buy it a any hardware store. It is for running cable wiring. I use it and it lowers the sound a lot. </div></div>

how much are you putting in the can and how much of a mess does it make?

i have not tried it, just seems less messy than the grease that mine came packed with.

just stick a cork in one end, stand upright, pour in fresh made jello (or unflavored gelatin)..leave in refridge over night. nexxt day use proper size tubing run thru bore to 'cut out' the bore????
why not????

tom

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BOLTRIPPER</div><div class="ubbcode-body">WWCNU...........What Would Chuck Norris Use ? </div></div>

yeah, dip it in ninja tears and it will be totally silent

If I recall correctly they standard is white lithium grease. But I just pulled that out of a faulty memory, so who knows.

I read 12+ books on silencers as research for a how to make 'em book I haven't yet finished.

Also, I've heard of people using WD-40 or Silicone Spray

Regards,
Nate

http://www.major-malfunction.com/maj_malf_5u_006.htm

I have heard that filling the attached suppressor with canned air reduces first round pop...never tried it though. I guess if the canned air is CO2 that replaces the oxygen in the combustion chamber it would work.

Either way, I figure Clear Glide gel is a better solution as mentioned by some posters above and recommended by Bryon on his site.

Bad thing with using jello is that if you dont make sure that its not blocking the bore of the can it could be bad.

Just use water, in all honesty thats the best cooling medium, just use a bucket to dunk the can in while its attached to the host weapon and then shoot.

People use the wire pulling gels and ultra sound gel but the cheapest best out there really is just plain water.

I use water only. Gotta watch aluminum though. Make sure to spray it with a light coat of oil when done. I switched to a titanium 45 can now so I just don't worry about it. Leave can on pistol, dunk can, shake, fire. Repeat when it gets louder.

Don't put anything in a rifle suppressor! This little trick is only for pistol cans.

Sometimes, some folks just flat out scare me...

KY jelly should do the trick, everyone will be getting a tube with the next "stimulus" plan out of washington...

Actually, I was just about to suggest Equate Personal Lubricant from Health and Beauty aisle at Wallyworld, but I just didn't have the cubes to say it...

At least it doesn't smell like a condom...

Be advised, anything water based is not a real good idea. The combustion byproducts in combination with water will form nitric acid. That's going to be a corrosion problem unless you wash out the can with every use. Grease type coolants will also last longer between applications. Plain white lithium grease is cheap and works well, it's just messy.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sniper 2230</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Use Cablelube or Clear Gilde, you can buy it a any hardware store. It is for running cable wiring. I use it and it lowers the sound a lot. </div></div>

Clear glide is the ticket... In meter testing youll see that Gel is quieter than Water... and actually Ultrasound gel is the quietest gel available. One thing you need to be carefull about is not overcharging your can with medium. If you do this you could get an overpressure spike in the blast chamber and cause the can to bulge/rupture or some other bad thing. A few CCs should do just fine. I usually introduce about ~3 CCs of gel or ~5CC's of water or some other more viscous medium. A squirt of Remoil works well too. Let me know how the Jello works though
smile.gif
Bill cosby would be proud hahaha

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dksd39</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sniper 2230</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Use Cablelube or Clear Gilde, you can buy it a any hardware store. It is for running cable wiring. I use it and it lowers the sound a lot. </div></div>

how much are you putting in the can and how much of a mess does it make? </div></div>

grease, dispense about the size of a grape inside your first or blast baffle using a grease gun.

Ghost;

I use the Equate Personal Lube as a rubber lube for my rubber powered model airplanes. I don't need my airplanes to be smelling like condoms. The stuff is ideal for the purpose because it will not attack and weaken the rubber strands that compose the motors.

Wha'd you <span style="font-style: italic">think</span> I was using it for...?

This is the best shit out there and its cheap!!! I can get cases of this stuff if I get enough people interested in it. IM me with how many you want. Its been about a year since I have bought some of this. But I am guessing $12.00 each for 8OZ + shipping. But I have to check on. It really last a while. I have NEVER put this in any of my rifle cans.. ONLY PISTOLS!!!! I was told not to put anything in rifle cans by Joe, the owner of SWR..
j7u7uh.jpg

2rw93sn.jpg

I've used white lithium in a 9mm suppressor - highly effective, and long lasting. Not unlike Ninja tears.

Some people are making a LOT of $ off of repackaged wire pulling gell or ultrasound gell.

Can't beat water with a few drops of MPro-7 .. It acts as water wetter so it will stick and cover your waxy baffles in your .22 can, or any oil/hydrocarbon covered baffles in your center fire can.

It also helps in cleaning. Just fill with hot water and a spoonful of MPro after and shake. Then rinse.

Do not use any sugar content liquids like coke or jello. Diet is OK unless the artificial sweeter causes some poison to be produced.

I use a few shots of the spray bottle of 100% MPro and a tooth brush to clean my take apart .22 can. Works well.

$12 for 8 oz of repackaged cheep stuff is a rip. You can get ultrasonic jell by the gallon for cheep. Our go to Home Depot for the wire pulling jell. (the clear stuff) and you can put it smaller bottles yourself and save about $10 for every $12 you spent for the 8 oz bottles.

If I had one I would be so happy that I would just jack-off in it... got to remember to take it off the gun first, bad things could happen me thinks. I guess the personal lubes would be good for something when I cums to suppressors er, I mean when it comes to suppressors.

I live in a suppressor "unfriendly" state
frown.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Patrick Scott</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If I had one I would be so happy that I would just jack-off in it... got to remember to take it off the gun first, bad things could happen me thinks. I guess the personal lubes would be good for something when I cums to suppressors er, I mean when it comes to suppressors.

I live in a suppressor "unfriendly" state
frown.gif
</div></div>

On a more serious note.
I don't know that much about "cans", but here is a question. Would automotive grease(bearings, ect) be to heavy for this application? If not I think I would drill and tap a can for a zerk fitting so I could load the thing with my grease-gun. Just thinking out loud.

Haven't tried bearing grease,etc. But I will say we shoot our cans Dry as SOP. Now that said, we have played around with different "stuff" to decrease the muzzle flash at night in tactical senarios.

Believe it or not, "K-Y Jelly" (the stuff you get from wifey or girlfiend) worked the best on our cans for this purpose. Q-Tip and smear in the first baffle area, 360 degrees, before it's mounted. Gives almost zero muzzle flash signature in the dark, and holds same offset, this with a 130+ grain powder column.

I don't shoot Wet-can's, so talk amoungst yourselves on that!

DJD

KY will come in our next Stimulist plan? I think you are dillusional and full of it. They are gonna give it to ALL of us dry, just like every other time!

lol,
Mark