• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Jense Precision - Custom .260 Remington Tactical

ranger1183

Gunny Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Jul 18, 2006
Whitefish, MT, USA
1st time on the range. Total weight loaded: 12 pounds including mounted scope, sling and bipod. It's a dream to shoot!

Custom Remington 700 Rifle built by Jense Precision. (.260 Remington)
Action Trued by KK Jense.
All Gunsmithing, Rifle Assembly and Testing by KK Jense of Jense Precision.
Rifle Weight: 12 pounds (Including mounted Scope, Bipod and Sling)
Rifle Length: 41.5" with Butt Stock extended.

Barrel: Custom 21" ABS Carbon Fiber Wrapped Barrel 1.350" Breach Diameter, 1.150" muzzle Diameter(Straight Contour).
Chamber: ".260 Tactical" (Reamer by David Kiff, Pacific Tool and Guage).

Stock: Bell & Carlson A5 Style Remington 700 BDL SPS Vertical Grip Tactical -
Fully Adjustable Medalist Series 2094, 02 Black.
Badger Ordnance M5 Trigger Guard (Bottom Metal) with A.I.C.S. 10 round Magazine.

Scope: Horus Vision Predator 8-26x50 Varmint Scope
Rings: Nightforce Ultra-Light (Medium)
Rail: Badger Ordnance 20 MOA Rail.

Bolt: Pacific Tool and Gauge Custom Bolt.
Firing Pin: Tubbs Speed Lock.
Trigger: Stock Remington Trigger Adjusted to 24 ounces pull.

GAP/Black Hills .260 Remington Match Ammo -
Ammunition Case Number: 2824210537 shipped 17 OCT 2007
Bullet: 139 Grain Lapua Scenar.
Muzzle Velocity: Approximately 2700 fps

Jense Precision

Jense_Precision_260_Remington_Tactical_01.jpg

Jense_Precision_260_Remington_Tactical_02.jpg

Jense_Precision_260_Remington_Tactical_03.jpg

Jense_Precision_260_Remington_Tactical_04.jpg

Jense_Precision_260_Remington_Tactical_05.jpg

Jense_Precision_260_Remington_Tactical_06.jpg

Jense_Precision_260_Remington_Tactical_07.jpg

Jense_Precision_260_Remington_Tactical_08.jpg

Jense_Precision_260_Remington_Tactical_09.jpg

Jense_Precision_260_Remington_Tactical_10.jpg

Re: Jense Precision - Custom .260 Remington Tactical

Have you shot her yet? It looks good man. I read an article in Shooting Times about the ABS Carbon Fiber Wrapped Barrels. It was a cool article. I hope it is very accurate for you. Good Luck, and Happy Shooting!

Nice lookin rig!

I hope it shoots as good for you over the long haul as it looks.

<span style="font-style: italic">I'm not sure I would leave my sling out to be seen, considering the discussion going on a few forums over. Somebody might get an eye put out over that! </span>
crazy.gif

Re: Jense Precision - Custom .260 Remington Tactic

This thing is even cooler looking in person
grin.gif
And those ABS barrels are sweet... But Ranger... why'd you go so damn heavy on the trigger?
whistle.gif

How do you like that Horus Vision anti-cant device?
Been thinking of picking one up for myself...

Very very nice, I am very intrigued by the ABS barrels. I am anxious to see how this one shoots.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wfpack14</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Very very nice, I am very intrigued by the ABS barrels. I am anxious to see how this one shoots. </div></div>

2009-02-22
Cascade Rifle and Pistol Club
Covington, Wa.
Shooter: ranger1183.
Spotter: Tribe.

First time out to the range:
Winds: Gusting from 5 to +10mph (Changing direction irradically).
sub-M0A (3/4 MOA?) 10 shot group at 600 yards.
Shot Prone using Tactical Tailor Medical Rucksack (front rest) and Triad Tactical bean bag (rear rest).

I expect sub-1/2 MOA 10 shot groups at 600 yards with practice (shooter very rusty) and better wind reading.
(ie - "vulcan mind-meld" with rifle, <span style="font-weight: bold">just don't blame it on the heavy trigger!</span>)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wheres-Waldo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How do you like that Horus Vision anti-cant device?
Been thinking of picking one up for myself... </div></div>
The Horus Vision angle indicator tightened up previous shot groups by at least 50%. Excellent investment!

Jense_Precision_260_Remington_Tactical_11.jpg

Jense_Precision_260_Remington_Tactical_12.jpg

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="text-decoration: underline">Jense Precision truing an action.</span></span>

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="text-decoration: underline">BEFORE</span></span>

Jense_Precision_260_Remington_Tactical_13-600x450.jpg

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="text-decoration: underline">AFTER</span></span>

Jense_Precision_260_Remington_Tactical_18-600x450.jpg

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="text-decoration: underline">BEFORE</span></span>

Jense_Precision_260_Remington_Tactical_14-600x450.jpg

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="text-decoration: underline">AFTER</span></span>

Jense_Precision_260_Remington_Tactical_15-600x450.jpg

Jense_Precision_260_Remington_Tactical_16-600x450.jpg

Jense_Precision_260_Remington_Tactical_19-600x450.jpg

Any Questions?

KK is currently building me a 338 RUM with the new Jense Precision action made for kk by glen harrison of pheonix machine, the abs carbon barrel and lone wolf stock. You are one of the first owners of one of kks rifles i have seen online. I only hope mine looks as good as that! not quite as tactical but still non the less stunning! Your rifle looks BAD ASS! Congrats!
Thomas
[email protected]

GREAT rifle you got there, it is way cool and very well constructed.
Thanks for posting those great pictures and the specs.

Cheers,

Master Diver

Very Nice! That bolt handle isn't going anywhere is it? LOL

Ranger, do you notice any barrel mirage after several rounds. I love the carbon wrapped barrels. I have noticed lots of barrel mirage after a few groups on the Christensen barrels I have shot. Was curious if these barrels showed this. Let me know if you want some match 260 ammo with a Berger 130 or 140 VLD, 142 SMK or 140 A-max.

Still my favourite rifle on this site!

Pls pm me if ever you want to look for a new owner for this rifle.

best, Herman

Great looking rig, I'd love to have that for my AWC ThunderTrap - how do you like the optics?

Great looking rifle, sounds like everything was done right.

Got to love those 6.5's. Have you had a chance to see what kind of velocity you are getting from 140ish grain bullets out of the 21 inch barrel? I would certainly love to know.

This does not happen often to me but when I opened this thread and saw this weapon my jaw dropped. I would have to say that this is one of the best put together rifles I have seen in awhile. You see a lot of the same ole stuff but this is really different.Congrats!

Now, What the hell is going on with the bolt handle?

Great looking rifle. I have something very similar being built, less the carbon fiber barrel. 700 action and the same stock. Kudos on a great looking gun. I hope mine turns out half as nice.

the carbon fiber wrapped barrel looks awesome

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Nuttshooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Now, What the hell is going on with the bolt handle? </div></div>

Sorry for the late response. The bolt handle comes from the factory soldered on and have been known to bend or break off (under extreme conditions that is).

KK Jense at Jense Precision (the finest gunsmith I have ever had the privledge of dealing with) eliminated the risk of the bolt handle bending / breaking by adding screws to reinforce the soldering. The end result is a rock solid system that can take the worst of punishment.

Jense_Precision_260_Remington_Tactical_08.jpg

Seriously, my next custom rifle will be built by Jense Precision. KK Jense is simply that good!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ChadTRG42</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ranger, do you notice any barrel mirage after several rounds. I love the carbon wrapped barrels. I have noticed lots of barrel mirage after a few groups on the Christensen barrels I have shot. Was curious if these barrels showed this. Let me know if you want some match 260 ammo with a Berger 130 or 140 VLD, 142 SMK or 140 A-max. </div></div>

Chad - you can try my carbon-fiber wrapped .260 - no I didn't get barrel mirage.

Man, somehow seeing that makes a bad day just melt away....
Nice to see both the owner, & forumites enjoying the new toy.

Curious what measured velocity you're getting out of that barrel as well as seeing some shot groups at extended distances.

Do kow if the Badger Ordnance M5 Trigger Guard with A.I.C.S. 10 round Magazine just dropped in or were there any modifications to the stock so that it would fit?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Curious what measured velocity you're getting out of that barrel as well as seeing some shot groups at extended distances. </div></div>
2700 fps with Lapua 139 grain Scenars and Reloader 17

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: freedive10</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Do know if the Badger Ordnance M5 Trigger Guard with A.I.C.S. 10 round Magazine just dropped in or were there any modifications to the stock so that it would fit? </div></div>
The stock required inletting for the Badger Ordnance bottom metal. With the 3 way adjustable butt stock and the adjustable cheek piece, the rifle fit like a glove and shot rather well. I believe 1180 yards was the longest range I shot steel at.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ranger1183</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: freedive10</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Do know if the Badger Ordnance M5 Trigger Guard with A.I.C.S. 10 round Magazine just dropped in or were there any modifications to the stock so that it would fit? </div></div>
The stock required inletting for the Badger Ordnance bottom metal. With the 3 way adjustable butt stock and the adjustable cheek piece, the rifle fit like a glove and shot rather well. I believe 1180 yards was the longest range I shot steel at. </div></div>

Thanks Ranger1183! After some research, I think i am going to take the Wyatt DBM route.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: freedive10</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ranger1183</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
The stock required inletting for the Badger Ordnance bottom metal. With the 3 way adjustable butt stock and the adjustable cheek piece, the rifle fit like a glove and shot rather well. I believe 1180 yards was the longest range I shot steel at. </div></div>
Thanks Ranger1183! After some research, I think i am going to take the Wyatt DBM route. </div></div>
Careful on that choice. Wyatt Magazines have much more feeding issues than AICS mags. Was given a demonstration of this by my gunsmith. For best reliability, go AICS.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ranger1183</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Barrel: Custom 21" ABS Carbon Fiber Wrapped Barrel 1.350" Breach Diameter, 1.150" muzzle Diameter(Straight Contour).
Chamber: ".260 Tactical" (Reamer by David Kiff, Pacific Tool and Guage).

</div></div>

whats the difference between this .260 tactical and a regular .260 chamber?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: aggiesig</div><div class="ubbcode-body">whats the difference between this .260 tactical and a regular .260 chamber? </div></div>
I don't know the exact specifics.

When I was having the rifle built, I wanted a national match chamber. That's a tight, competition type chamber. But since the rifle was being built for field use, I was strongly advised NOT to use such a tight chamber. I think, but am not sure, that the tactical chamber has a tighter <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">neck</span></span> than a regular .260 Remington chamber, but not the tight body of the National Match. That way sand, dust and crap that can find it's way into a chamber would not (within moderation) cause the bolt to fail to close.

I think the best answer you can get is by talking/PM to Terry Cross, a member here on the Hide. He is extremely experienced and I consider him to be "Master of All Things 6.5mm". If you want to best .260 chamber for your specific application, Terry in the resource that will give you the best answers.